Wizards of the Coast announced that Magic the Gathering 2015 Edition will include cards designed by personalities from the world of video games. The guest contribution idea was suggested by George Fan, a designer on Plants vs. Zombies, who is also a fan of the card game. These cards will include a “designed by” credit printed in the text.
– George Fan: designer of Plants vs Zombies
– Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins: Gabe and Tycho, creators of Penny Arcade
– Markus Persson: “Notch,” creator of Minecraft and founder of Mojang
– Richard Garriot: “Lord British,” creator of the Ultima series
– David Sirlin: designer on Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix, Yomi
– Rob Pardo: chief creative officer at Blizzard, lead designer of World of Warcraft
– Isaiah Cartwright: lead game designer for Guild Wars 2
– Justin Gary: designer of Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer and Solforge
– Stone Librande: lead designer at Riot Games, designer of Diablo 3, creative director of SimCity
– Brian Fargo: founder and CEO of inXile Entertainment, director of Wasteland, executive producer of Fallout
– Mike Neumann: Gearbox Software, creative director on Borderlands
– James Ernest: owner and lead designer for Cheapass Games, designer of Kill Doctor Lucky
– Edmund McMillen: indie designer of Super Meat Boy, featured in Indie Game: The Movie
– Brad Muir: game designer at Double Fine Productions leading Massive Chalice, project lead on Iron Brigade
Magic the Gathering 2015 Edition will launch on July 18th of this year. It is unknown if these special cards will appear in the Magic the Gathering 2015: Duels of the Planeswalkers video game.