In preparation for the release of Diablo III expansion, Reaper of Souls, Blizzard put out a giant update that changed much of the way the game plays. Gone are the real money auction house, loot scheme and standard difficulty levels. In the new patch, you can join a clan, adjust your difficulty on the fly, and count on getting loot that is more tailored to your character. But here at Quarter to Three, we got our hands on the original update list. The following is the top 10 noticeable omissions from our original list and the one that launched just recently. Pretty sneaky, Blizzard.
After the jump, see what could have been
10) Pre-order bonus – Diablo II Legacy Series: Included with the special edition, you’ll receive a blurry photocopy of Bill Roper’s drivers license circa June 2000, a Prima official Diablo II guide with all of the information redacted, and a 5.25 disk that once contained some Warcraft Adventure assets.
9) Witch Doctor screams OO EE OO AH AH TING TANG WALLA WALLA BING BANG each time you pick up loot.
8) 1 in 1,000 chance that Diablo would stop fighting and request you pull his finger.
7) Eddie Bauer themed legendary loot items.
6) Type in /jackinthebox to have a Bacon Ranch Monster Taco delivered to your door via USPS.
5) New hidden level: Fred’s Savage Garden. This level combines the lovable Fred Savage circa The Wonder Years and the hot, sweet jams of Savage Garden.
4) All characters to be voiced by Diane Rehm.
3) Deckard Cain re-imagined using Rick Ross as inspiration.
2) Auction House replaced with Ed Hardy themed clothing and tattoo shop.
1) Pre-ordering Reaper of Souls, the new Diablo III expansion, will unlock Cookie Puss as a playable character in Heroes of the Storm! Blizzard joins Carvel to offer this delightful, frosty alien as a bonus for our fans.