A mod for The Witcher 2 wouldn’t normally be notable, but the Full Combat Rebalance 2 Mod was made by Andrzej Kwiatkowski, who works at CD Projekt RED as a game designer. The game may be more than two years old, but Kwiatkowski apparently just couldn’t stop working on the gameplay. The mod completely overhauls the combat in The Witcher 2 to make the main character more mobile and responsive.
– Up to 80% increase in responsiveness per Geralt’s animations.
– Up to 50% increase in responsiveness per NPCs animations.
– Added strafing while being locked on an enemy and walking.
– Geralt can block while moving.
– Geralt automatically parries enemy sword attacks and deflects incoming arrows.
– Geralt and his attackers are no longer bouncing off parry.
– Monster attacks still cannot be parried with a sword.
– While using Guard Stance Geralt channels an active Quen shield.
– Decreased importance of rolling in combat.
There are a lot of other balance tweaks which are listed in the notes.