Board suggestions

QuarterToThree Message Boards: Free for all: Board suggestions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By cyke on Tuesday, January 9, 2001 - 04:08 pm:

This board is Discus right ? Well, frankly it`s not doing the site justice ! My main beef is that you can`t tell which threads have replies in them =(

Look into the boards powered by yaBB and iKonboard. They`re both free and very popular on the web. They also do avatars well and are a little easier on the eye than this !

Just some constructive critiscism guys, I`m still enjoying your writings =)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Mark Asher on Tuesday, January 9, 2001 - 09:15 pm:

Thanks. We might switch - I dunno. If you want to email me a user name and password I can register you, and then you can log in with the "New Messages" option and it will only display messages that have been posted since your last visit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By wumpus on Tuesday, January 9, 2001 - 10:26 pm:

I'm not terribly fond of the discus system, either. This is the only site I've seen that uses it.

In particular the tags for quoting, bold, etc are aggravating and needlessly complex. why not use the standard UBB style tags?

wumpus http://www.gamebasement.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Mark Asher on Tuesday, January 9, 2001 - 11:17 pm:

"In particular the tags for quoting, bold, etc are aggravating and needlessly complex. why not use the standard UBB style tags?"

Well, I just don't want a board where people can put in those smiley faces. If you want to do a smiley, do it the old fashioned way. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Tim Elhajj (Timelhajj) on Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 04:02 am:

"Well, I just don't want a board where people can put in those smiley faces. If you want to do a smiley, do it the old fashioned way. :)"

RHIP, as they say. You tell 'em Mark! ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Sean Tudor on Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 03:53 pm:

I love UBB. But the "New Messages" function on this board works really well. Plus this board is really fast compared to UBB.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Mark Asher on Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 08:18 pm:

"I love UBB. But the "New Messages" function on this board works really well. Plus this board is really fast compared to UBB."

Yeah, I think it's fast too, which is really important to me. Slow-loading boards are one of the chief reasons why I tend to resist message boards.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Alan Au on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 09:50 pm:

Does Discus let people edit/remove posts? It's great for getting rid of the duplicates when you accidentally hit the button twice. *grin*

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Mark Asher on Tuesday, January 16, 2001 - 10:02 pm:

Alan, I think that's an admin option. Don't sweat it, though. It's no big deal.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"