WingCommanderIV - help!

QuarterToThree Message Boards: Free for all: WingCommanderIV - help!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Doug Minnis on Monday, January 8, 2001 - 10:56 pm:

I picked up and am playing the WingCommanderIV game from Origin. I am having a bit of trouble completing one major mission. The mission is M2, where I have to kill two enemies before they reach the jump point and jump out. I have been able to kill one of them, but not both. I have played this mission over-and-over again and still can't get the second ship. I'm just about to give up on finishing the game at this point, but would like to finish it if I can. Is there anyone that can help?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By TomChick on Tuesday, January 9, 2001 - 12:27 am:

Hey Doug,

You might try www.gamefaqs.com. You'll probably find various walkthrus or at least FAQs for WCIV that might help. It's been years since most of us played, so I'd be surprised if anyone here could be of much help.

-Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Mark Asher on Tuesday, January 9, 2001 - 02:09 am:

Doug, I asked a friend who plays these games a lot. Here's what he said.

"I remember it well -- he does know about
afterburners, right? He shouldn't be having difficulty with that portion of the mission. Tell him to select one of the enemies and get his
wingmen to attack it, then attack the other -- he'll end up having to kill both, but his wingmen might slow the other down. Use long range missiles like Javelin Heat-seakers to help."

Hope that helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By kazz on Tuesday, January 9, 2001 - 08:11 pm:

I remember that mission, too. I used a volley of missiles to do in the one, and then afterburned to the second, and hit him with "combined" gunfire at point-blank range. It only took 2-3 gunfire salvoes to destroy him. I think it took 3-4 missiles to kill the other one, but it also made him dodge around and lose time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Doug Minnis on Tuesday, January 9, 2001 - 11:29 pm:

Thank you all, I'll give those a try.
Regards.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Anonymous on Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 10:47 am:

"Fired off a heat seaker, and BOOM! Turned him into kitty litter."

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"