QuarterToThree - What's going to happen on 1st Feb Mark ?

QuarterToThree Message Boards: Free for all: QuarterToThree - What's going to happen on 1st Feb Mark ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Sean Tudor on Monday, January 22, 2001 - 05:19 pm:

As the subject says. Is it lights out on the 1st Feb or have you found an alternative hosting site for Qto3 ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Mark Asher on Monday, January 22, 2001 - 06:01 pm:

We handle our own hosting. The only real issue is if we continue to put the time in to run the site without any real hope of financial compensation.

So far we've decided to continue it, though we're going to have to cut back a bit, which has already started. This past week was a bad one for new material. Part of that is because there haven't been a lot of games released and part of it is because Tom had to go out of town to Sundance.

So that's where we're at. In fact, if anyone is interested in doing any writing for us, send me an email. We'd like to open it up a bit to submissions, but we're still going to be picky about anything we publish.

This is a short-term answer. I don't know how we'll fare in the long run. We like doing it, but if it infringes too much on our day job, so to speak, well, that's not a good thing, as you can imagine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Rob_Merritt on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 06:40 am:

Its the first of Feburary. If they aren't paying you, yank their ads. :)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Mark Asher on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 09:03 am:

Actually, we're good until midnight tonight. Then we yank the CNET ads and put up a Tropico banner. I was able to sell our banner space to Gathering and PopTop for February.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Rob_Merritt on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 09:14 am:

Well thats majorly cool. I guess after that it will see Tom out at the intersection with a postboard saying "I will run banner ads for food" ;)

Rob Merritt -- www.moonbasetycho.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By TomChick on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 04:31 pm:

"I guess after that it will see Tom out at the intersection with a postboard saying "I will run banner ads for food" ;)"

Next, we're going to be approaching some of those guys that sell flowers and oranges at the LA freeway onramps to see if they're interested in affordable banner ads.

-Tom

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Supertanker on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 11:04 pm:

"I was able to sell our banner space to Gathering and PopTop for February."

I mean this sincerely: I will buy a copy of Tropico because of that. I was borderline on Tropico, especially after hearing that the brothels had been converted to cabarets. Now, I am definitely going to buy a copy as a return show of support. Even if I never play it, I'll still buy it (like my still-wrapped copy of Gunshit!, purchased to try and ensure the release of Tank Platoon!).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By kazz on Thursday, February 1, 2001 - 11:55 pm:

I know it might sound odd, but have you considered asking gaming magazines if they'd like to advertise?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of pageLink to this message  By Mark Asher on Friday, February 2, 2001 - 12:07 am:

I think with Tropico you will get a pretty good game. Builders aren't my favorite type of strategy game, but I like the theme of this one.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. If you do not have an account, enter your full name into the "Username" box and leave the "Password" box empty. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"