Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRON: Uprising

TRON: Uprising

So, this looks pretty interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE7qs...ature=youtu.be

But what the hell is Disney XD?

How To Go
    Kind of has an Aeon Flux look to the animation.

How To Go
    Disney XD is just a channel in the Disney family. I think it's either their cartoon channel or their "action" channel, or both.

Owns Amazing Spider-Man 2 DVD Social Worker
    Quote Originally Posted by Balasarius View Post
    So, this looks pretty interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wE7qs...ature=youtu.be

But what the hell is Disney XD?
    Quote Originally Posted by wiki
    Disney XD mostly airs action-oriented children's animated television series, with some live-action programming and movies aimed at male viewers aged 6 to 14.
    Disney XD airs original Disney XD content, such as Zeke and Luther, Kickin' It, I'm in the Band, and Pair of Kings and some of Disney Channel's most popular programming, including recent and archived original series, such as The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and Phineas and Ferb, as well as some made-for-TV movies.
    This looks good. I will definitely arrange for this to be on my^H^H^Hmy son's view schedule.

Mad Chester
    Sounds super XD to the max dude.

How To Go
    Tron + Aeon Flux + Batman Beyond = ???

Has potential. Wouldn't be hard for it to be better than Tron Legacy. Gotta wonder how interesting they can keep it considering he can basically never win. Damn prequels.

Mad Chester
    Won't be as good as ReBoot.

Social Worker
    I don't hear Daft Punk. No sale.

How To Go
    Joe Trapanese apparently did the soundtrack, who collaborated on The Raid: Redemption's soundtrack.

--- Alan

New Romantic
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Wilson View Post
    I don't hear Daft Punk. No sale.
    How about if it were Wendy Carlos?

I thrust game designers New Romantic Teiman's Avatar
    psn: Teikman. online in european timezones
    Why recreate Tron like a urban tale?

You can have artificial life, like Darwinia, or perhaps something like the internet. There are topics that are completelly new to the story of humanity. Since the internet is new, nobody has done much with ideas like people fighting in forums, flamewars, spam, fighting spammers.. Tron is the best "brand" of electronic virtual worlds, why let it rot? you can expand it.

New Romantic
    Quote Originally Posted by Rory Stewart View Post
    Won't be as good as ReBoot.
    Hah, I thought I was the only one who saw this show - brilliant!

How To Go
    Quote Originally Posted by Razgon View Post
    Hah, I thought I was the only one who saw this show - brilliant!
    Reboot was just a dry run for Beast Wars.

New Romantic
    Quote Originally Posted by CLWheeljack View Post
    Disney XD is just a channel in the Disney family. I think it's either their cartoon channel or their "action" channel, or both.
    It's also the only channel currently airing Gargoyles, at least on my cable provider, and this annoys me because I don't want to pay extra for it just for one show (Disney XD is only available with a premium pack I don't want).

Social Worker
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKeil View Post
    Reboot was just a dry run for Beast Wars.
    I'm still impressed with how much Reboot did for what was (ostensibly) a children's show. I mean, they put characters through the wringer on that show. Death, destruction, life-altering changes. If I were a kid watching some of those episodes, I would have been in tears. Luckily I'm an adult, so I didn't, uh...oops, gotta go!

How To Go
    Shiny!

Which, honestly, is about all I expect from the Tron franchise anymore. Hooray for meeting minimal expectations?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teiman View Post
    You can have artificial life, like Darwinia, or perhaps something like the internet. There are topics that are completelly new to the story of humanity. Since the internet is new, nobody has done much with ideas like people fighting in forums, flamewars, spam, fighting spammers.. Tron is the best "brand" of electronic virtual worlds, why let it rot? you can expand it.
    Except for better or for worse, the premise is the Grid was isolated from t3h Intart00bz and other Users from the time Flynn got trapped by Clu until his son showed up to rock the boat. If this is meant to be set between the two movies - probably between Evolution and Legacy - then you can't have outside influences like that.

Mad Chester
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bates View Post
    I'm still impressed with how much Reboot did for what was (ostensibly) a children's show. I mean, they put characters through the wringer on that show. Death, destruction, life-altering changes. If I were a kid watching some of those episodes, I would have been in tears. Luckily I'm an adult, so I didn't, uh...oops, gotta go!
    Yeah it was tough going as a kid, freaky stuff. Apparently they always got in trouble for their euphemisms and double entendres too.

How To Go
    First episode is now available online:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjbwVzJR8w4

--- Alan

New Romantic
    I liked the first episode, and hope they can keep at that level through the remaining episodes. Makes me a bit nostalgic for Batman Beyond in some ways.

A nice mix of the old and new designs, though I wish programs weren't apparently 60% leg.

So anyone else watching? I've found the show to be a good continuation of sorts from the last movie and really well done overall. :)

New Romantic
    My kids and I watched the first episode and enjoyed it. I didn't realize going in that there is a lot of "name" voice talent involved. Beck, the main character is Elijah Wood. Of course Bruce Boxleitner reprises his role as Tron, Lance Henrikson is the villian, Tricia Helfer is the voice of the Grid computer, Mandy Moore is Mara and Lance Reddick (Fringe) appears as Beck's ally in the first episode. Even Paul Reubbens (PeeWee) gets a part as Pavel.

The end result is a well acted animated version of Tron that's proven fairly interesting thus far. You almost need to have seen the Tron : Legacy movie to "get" what is happening in the backstory, but I suspect things will depart from that quickly enough that kids and adults who do not have a history with Tron will be able to keep up.

Frankly, I'm just thrilled to see something I loved as a 10-year-old come back around 30 years later with both Legacy and this series. I know it's totally silly, but the original TRON is a big part of the reason I have a career in IT today. The movie inspired me to learn more about electronics and computers when I was 10, and the learning has never stopped since.

Spinning Toe
    Although I couldn't get my daughters into it, my wife likes it and is watching it with me. The pilot was great, and we also enjoyed the first episode. I love the art style and the music is terrific. I hope this one catches on.

Show has been great, this past weeks episode had a Quorra cameo, voiced by Olivia Wilde!

:D

Social Worker
    I've been enjoying this a ton as well. The style threw me at first, but now I'm finding it very appropriate and like where they are taking the story and the TRON elements. Got my son to like it with me so it gives us a show to watch while we await Clone Wars season 5 this fall!

Oh hey its back on, and I missed this past weeks episode!

must find on the interwebs...

New Romantic
    Not a bad return episode, though Lance Henrikson's character seemed to be move from intelligent and scary to almost comically inept this episode, not sure that's a good way to go with it. I'll wait and see though, could have just been a one-off thing.

It'll be interesting to see how they handle the best friends now being connected to "The Rebel" though. You would think that is going to make life difficult for them.

Social Worker
    Anyone know the reason for the long hiatus? My son and I have been waiting for this return for a while! Glad to hear it's back.

Between this, Clone Wars season 5, the new TMNT (it's a fun throwback!) and Gravity Falls, we're having a good fall for cartoons!

I am sad this show isn't getting more interest here on Qt3. This 2 part episode where Tron seeks vengeance was really good.

My enjoyment of this show is up there with the Avatar series.

Social Worker
    Maybe is doesn't appeal to people who aren't fans of the original movie or the sequel, but man, the two-parter was a great episode! It fleshed out the period before TRON: Legacy, which was touched on in flashbacks but explained in more detail here. The guy who does the voice of Flynn and Clu is really good; you can tell it's not Jeff Bridges, but he's really close. And of course, I can't get enough Boxleitner!

New Romantic
    It's surprisingly good. Hard to compare to Avatar because of the body of work issue but it's certainly a promising start.