Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Turning 40

World's End Supernova Brian Rubin's Avatar
    I'm also glad to hear how happy most of y'all are. Yay! :)

Social Worker
    Quote Originally Posted by yamo yamo View Post
    The ear hair is heartbreaking.
    I have a trimmer for that.

Ex-pat Brooklynite in the swamps of Florida.
    I have a barber for that. The guy is an artist with a clipper. Does my eyebrows AND nostril hair as well.

New Romantic
    My quarter-life crisis came at around age 27 and lasted until about age 30. I know in my bones that there will be no mid-life crisis --- whatever feeds such things was all used up back then. 40 was a breeze.

JMJ? Is that you?

Account closed Spinning Toe
    I'm the guy with the fungal bloom on each side...Makes my nose look smaller.

Traded Gears for Mario game Social Worker
    I turn 45 on May 3rd. My attitude about aging (and life, I suppose) is very simple: you could die tomorrow; if there's something about your life you don't like, change it now. I didn't learn that lesson until my late 30s - the first thing I did was quit a job I hated and go back to school - and I wish I'd learned it when I was a teenager. Fully internalizing my mortality, not just feeling it in an abstract sense, means I feel less stress and anxiety, I'm happier in my work life and my marriage, I'm calmer, more reasonable, more centred, more connected to the Universe; a healthier person.

New Romantic
    I turned 40 today....this morning - And I didn't feel anything different from last night. Its way overblown, this 40'ish stuff!

I'm eagerly awaiting the new sportscar and the hot young models that I've read will come at 40!?

Anyways - The first day in my 40's will be spent working a bit, playing Mount & Blade and going to watch Avengers!

I'll probably get real adult hobbies and interests someday ;-)

Social Worker
    Happy 40th to you also Razgon!

Neo Acoustic
    I started feeling my mortality in my early twenties, and it has yet to stop (35). Turning 30 was pretty bad, since my situation wasn't good at the time. Much better now, fortunately. My main concern isn't for my own mortality - however - but for those older than me that I happen to love.

Being a "weak agnostic" is really a pain sometimes, but I suppose uncertainty about most things does have the advantage of not ruling the good things out.

Happy and Healthy to you, Razgon.

New Romantic
    Happy birthday, Razgon!

And yeah, DKDArtagnan - that's pretty much what I privately dwell upon at my birthdays, and I'm older than you. I can say that I've grown a little used to it, so I'd say it does get easier.