How often does one have to drink water in DayZ?
Fixing the ocean is going to kill me.
How often does one have to drink water in DayZ?
A lot if you run around all the time.
I presume the canteen indicator starts going red or something when you need to drink?
Also, "I heff quesh" on behalf of a friend who has the Steam version of ArmA II--can he snag the Amazon download distro of Operation Arrowhead (still on sale) and have it work with the Steam ArmA II, or does he have to bite the bullet and buy either the Steam version of OA or the Amazon version of Combined Operations?
Typical feature creep, instead of releasing the damn patch already, he makes it bigger and bigger
* [NEW] Server cleanup system replaced with a more agressive one
* [NEW] Inventory Interaction system (right-click on items in gear screen to bring up interactions)
* [NEW] Temperature System now implemented (effects are limited)
* [NEW] Chance of catching infection the lower your temperature
* [NEW] Chance of catching infection from already infected players
* [NEW] Water can be filled in ponds, all water pumps, wells, but not the sea
* [NEW] Forced disconnection saving for abort and alt+F4
* [NEW] Zombie's will investigate player deaths
* [NEW] Adrenaline rush from panicing causes greately increased hunger for a while
* [NEW] Bandaging Sound when bandaging yourself/someone
* [NEW] Coughing sound when you have an infection
* [NEW] Camera Shake when temperature drops extremely low
* [NEW] PROTIP: Use Global Chat/VOIP in populated areas
* [NEW] Fire requires wood to keep burning
* [FIXED] Should not be pellets for the Winny
* [FIXED] Helicopter loot despawning too fast
* [FIXED] Fog is way too thick
* [FIXED] Climbing a ladder with a pistol will cause you to fall
* [FIXED] Zombies not attracted to Flares and Chemlights
* [FIXED] Panic noises going apeshit all the time
* [FIXED] Zombie spotted alert far too quiet (increased slightly)
The patch is out but there might be an hotfix soon. I would wait to play unless your idea of fun is huddling around a campfire trying not to catch a cold.
Right clicking in my gear is not working for me. I just starved to death with five tins of beans in my pack because my guy wouldn't do anything with them.
Are you forced to use the new right click system or can you still use the scroll-wheel's action menu?
You scroll wheel to loot someone's gear, but if you want beans, you have to go in your gear and right click.
Every time I mention it's not working for me and I can't eat I get told to "read the changelog, idiot" so it's clearly working for some people.
No, what I'm referrIng to is the action menu that appears on your screen when you scroll your mouse wheel and you don't have your gear open-- yesterday when I did it (admittedly pre-patch) I'd get "eat food" and "drink water" options.
Right. That doesn't work any more. It'll work to loot someone, it won't work to eat or drink. For that, you have to open your gear and right click on the water bottle, or tin of beans.
i made simple installers (since 1.5.5), they w/o any warranty
quick job in NSIS (nullsoft installer) and nowhere perfect state
(complete file download, just installs and drop 2 shortcut on your desktop, one for OA 1.60 engine and one for OA 1.61 beta engine)
online (atm. 22.214.171.124)CRC32: 0F96DE9D
(small file, all files downloaded from dayz site, just installs and drop 2 shortcut on your desktop, one for OA 1.60 engine and one for OA 1.61 beta engine)
these are nowhere near official or perfect, just raw...
if anyone want share NSIS masterskills or wisdom with me
feel free to do so e.g. at
irc.gamesurge.net channel #DayZ
1. You should RUN STEAM via "run as administator"
2. and start ARMA 2 once , then exit
3. then start ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead via the desktop shortcuts from installers
Note: installers support any distribution not just STEAM
Oh, worst day for me to release the update :(. Maybe in 13 hours I will have time to try it.
How is the zombie spawn now?
So now you have to find water or liquids to drink, food to eat, and wood and matches to make a fire and not be cold. I suppose the next thing will be having to piss and shit, with the risk of havig diarreha.
Seriously, he should have waited more to put the new temperature system. It sounds realistic but it isn't, in real life you stay mostly indoors instead in the cold outside when you are not searching for food and water but that would be boring in game, and you can't even try it in the game because most buildings aren't enterable in Chernarus.
And the fire system, now you need to search and loot a "wood" object. Incredibly dumb, given that in RL you potentially could use all the vegetation of the very green Chernarus (every bush, every tree could be a potential fuel for fire).
(edited because I started it in tapatalk).
Last edited by TurinTur; 05-22-2012 at 02:00 AM.
Rocket is Toady's spiritual brother it seems!
As I was reading that I was imaging he would say "it will be likely you can raw eat meat in the next update, but it won't heal you as much as cooked meat". But no, it's "..but you can develop more infections!".Originally Posted by rocket
Does he have a boner for being sick in a videogame?
ED is coming in the next patch.
I for one won't be happy until players can amputate their own or other player's limbs, à la Robinson's Requiem.
It seems a lot of these projects that come out of no where and suddenly take off (Dwarf Fortress, Minecraft, DayZ) are all made by demented persons. Insanity is the price tag paid for being so inspired.
Since a bleeding system is already implemented as is a system of fire-making, Rocket should let us cauterize our own wounds if we lack bandages. That should play into his fascination with infections nicely.
Rather than fixing the issues, lets add new systems with their own set of new issues! Hooray!
Uggh. They need to be careful, because I think that the popularity could die off real quick. People like survival and realism, to a point.
Did I read right that somehow the mod actually counts time spent away from the game as time that you need to eat and drink? If that's so, it bites, because it basically punishes you for not playing.
Atleast now it doesnt consume your food/water when you are offline.
I was wondering why my food and water flashed red every time I logged on to play. What a completely and utterly stupid thing to do.
With this and the time-locking, it makes me wonder if the designer understands that some people have other things to do beyond play a game all day?
Yup, pretty boneheaded. Why can't your dude just stay in whatever state of hunger and thirst he was when you disconnected?
All these overly hardcore additions aside.....why isn't it priority to fix the zombies warping and glitchy movement? I'd much rather there were more zombies who moved more slowly and didn't glitch through walls.