Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: WoW - Free Boost To Level 80 From Blizzard

Social Worker
    I could use a scroll if anyone has any left. PM me and I'll send you my bnet name.

New Romantic
    Any idea how long this promo is gonna run?

Neo Acoustic
    Reminds me of that time hookers were giving out free crack...

Quote Originally Posted by Hanacker View Post
    Any idea how long this promo is gonna run?
    I believe it's 90 days.

Social Worker
    I'm in for sending out scrolls. My main still needs about 10 more mounts to get the achievement mount. Send me a PM if you want one.

Goodluck!!
    I've never played this, but are levels 1 through 80 that much of a drag? Or am I missing the point?

Social Worker
    The Scroll of Resurrection is for people restarting accounts, so there's an assumption they have seen the original/Outland/Northrend content already. Since I love reading fine print, this promotion is only available if you have an account that existed but was inactive on March 4, 2012.

This promo seems to be working well already, as Blizzard's authentication servers have shit the bed under the load of logins.

World's End Supernova
    It's a great deal. Current players get a free mount and old players get seven free days of play and the other perks, and Blizzard doesn't require any money out of it. Unless a player hates WoW and never wants to play it again, why wouldn't a player take the seven free days and the free level 80?

And if a returning player doesn't already have Cataclysm, it's a fantastic deal.

Social Worker
    The deal requires that the recipient subscribe for a month. Still a great deal.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/services...-resurrection/

Edit: Ah, I should say that if the sender wants a mount the deal requires that the recipient subscribe for a month.

New Romantic
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcJR View Post
    I've never played this, but are levels 1 through 80 that much of a drag? Or am I missing the point?
    Theoretically you're coming back to join your level 85 friend.

When I left, I had about 7 characters that where lvl 80 to 85 (no time for raids, so not really one main, + I liked the lvling (for a while)). So this deal doesn't do it for me, but I can see how this would appeal to a lot of people with mains that don't feel like lvling another alt. Especially if you can then play with a friend on another server, and he gets a free mount. Clever.

New Romantic
    Anyone with an EU account? Or does it work regardless?

Wesley Chapel, FL XBL:LivinItUp PSN:LivinItUpInPhx
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Asher View Post
    And if a returning player doesn't already have Cataclysm, it's a fantastic deal.
    That would be me! So, if someone sends me a resurrection scroll, I'll be given Cataclysm for free, regardless of whether or not I choose to subscribe? If so, if anyone has an available resurrection scroll, please PM me.

Social Worker
    I'm more than willing to toss out some scrolls too. The Mrs and I have been playing quite a bit lately and I could always use a shiny new mount! Oh and help out my QT3 buds, umm yeah that too!

Goodluck!!
    Has anyone that has taken the offer looked at the character transfer options? The ad suggests that you can only transfer to realms where the referer plays; do they actually limit that or can you transfer to any realm/faction.

For current players this deal seems worse that the old scroll of res. before they would give you 1 free month of gametime. ( no I don't believe mounts are valued at $25 )

Goodluck!!
    The way they implemented this in game is kinda wierd. Basically anyone in you guild or friends list who is unsubscribed you can click a button to sent a scroll invite. I imagine lots of people are going to be spammed with these offers from people that they hardly know.

Social Worker
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzone View Post
    ( no I don't believe mounts are valued at $25 )
    Well sad as it is, the mounts sold on the Blizzard store go for $25.

Pillow Talk
    I am so gutted. Me and my gf multibox 5 characters each and a few weeks ago we spent the money to get 10 cataclysm accounts. To be honest we got them very cheap but we still could have saved some money. Not to mention the time we would have saved from not needing to level our teams. It does look like a good way to get some people back into the game though.

Neo Acoustic
    That's really tempting. There are a couple of communities that I'd love to play with, but server & faction change costs or re-leveling are pretty big hurdles. If I could just bring a character over to, say, Drop Bears, I might be interested. And I never did all the Cataclysm content.

Social Worker
    My understanding is that the realm/faction change and boost are for the same character AND it is locked to the realm/faction of the character (note that when the scroll is sent it is not from an account, but from a specific character) that sent the scroll.

So no boosting one but transferring another, and no open-ended transfer or faction change.

Social Worker
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnight View Post
    Anyone with an EU account? Or does it work regardless?
    Do you want someone to send you a scroll or you want to send one?

I'm currently unsubbed but i don't think i can use the scroll right now. If you want to be sent one, i can get someone from my guild to do that for you.

Neo Acoustic
    Is there a summary of how various classes play at 80? I've only ever had two level 80 characters.

Social Worker
    Quote Originally Posted by Timorous View Post
    I am so gutted. Me and my gf multibox 5 characters each and a few weeks ago we spent the money to get 10 cataclysm accounts. To be honest we got them very cheap but we still could have saved some money. Not to mention the time we would have saved from not needing to level our teams. It does look like a good way to get some people back into the game though.
    Wow you are paying 10 subs a month? Wtf

Social Worker
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Gwinn View Post
    Is there a summary of how various classes play at 80? I've only ever had two level 80 characters.
    At 80 i wouldn't worry much about it. What do you want to play ? Tank, Healer, DPS? Something easy? Hard?

New Romantic
    You still playing André?

New Romantic
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolff View Post
    Wow you are paying 10 subs a month? Wtf
    Yea I could understand doing this in something like Eve, where in game accomplishments can actually pay for your subs but in WoW? That's a serious amount of money.

Hustle
    It's not much different from the two of them each paying for one account and a new big name game each month is it?

Social Worker
    If someone could send me a scroll I'd appreciate it. PM me and I'll shoot you my email address.

EDIT: Got my scroll. Many thanks!
    Last edited by Tracy Baker; 03-07-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Social Worker
    Quote Originally Posted by Shellfishguy View Post
    Well sad as it is, the mounts sold on the Blizzard store go for $25.
    The Blizzard store mounts are given to all of your characters, and I'd guess that these only apply to a single character, based on how they've done that in the past.

New Romantic
    Quote Originally Posted by Thesper View Post
    It's not much different from the two of them each paying for one account and a new big name game each month is it?
    $15 each for their normal subs and then an extra $120 on multi-boxing. That's a pretty decent chunk to be spending monthly, I don't care who ya are :)