Thread: Lunar Flight Version 1.0 Released - Gold - Launch Trailer!

Pillow Talk

Lunar Flight Version 1.0 Released - Gold - Launch Trailer!

I am very happy to announce that the game is finished and Version 1.0 is now available on Desura

To celebrate the release a new Launch Trailer is available. Click HERE to watch in HD.

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone that has supported the game thus far!

In addition I recently released a series of training videos visit the Flight School to check them out.

World's End Supernova Brian Rubin's Avatar
    Ohhh, guess this moves from my preview queue to my review queue. ;) Congrats as well!

Good Shape
    Looks very curious, already bought my copy. Haven't tried it yet. I'm assuming it's using an accurate physics model? What sort of missions are there apart from flying from A to B? From the videos it looks like it's modeled after the Apollo moon landers, will there be any more lander types, for example NASA has a Lunar Lander challenge now that has some interesting designs. Is the Lunar surface modeled after real data? How large is the game world? Any missions in orbit?

Sorry if any of this is answered in the docs :)

Social Worker
    Congratulations, sh0v0r. I'll try it out tonight! Glad to hear about the flight school videos, because I think I'm a pretty timid lander pilot thus far.

Social Worker
    Looking for a decent pub in Redondo Beach
    Very nice and congrats! So I guess Classic means that if I remember it I am old? Heh...I crashed lunar lander so many times back in the day.

This looks great.

Pillow Talk
    Thanks guys, I hope you have fun with it!

Social Worker
    Dumb question, since you are using unity, why isn't there a mac version?

Pillow Talk
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrycoder View Post
    Dumb question, since you are using unity, why isn't there a mac version?
    That's a great question, the answer is that I do not own the Hardware to test it properly.

Should the game be financially successful enough I am planning on buying some 'iOS' gear so I can port it and do some iPad/iPhone development. There is some windows specific code that will need to be handled differently on MacOS so its not quite as simple as build for the different platform.

Social Worker
    Interesting, so does Unity give you access to the full Mono framework, even stuff that is platform specific? Or did you write your own native code and use interop?

Pillow Talk
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrycoder View Post
    Interesting, so does Unity give you access to the full Mono framework, even stuff that is platform specific? Or did you write your own native code and use interop?
    The main thing is save game file location which is mapped to MyDocuments/Saved Games/ I imagine this isn't a valid path on MacOS. I also have designed the default controller input config for the XBox 360 controller and may need to do some additional to get that to work correctly.

Lunar Flight is written in C# I'm not sure about the specifics of Mono support other than I hear it is a fairly old version.

Pillow Talk
    If you would like to see Lunar Flight on Steam please show your support by making a post in this Steam thread.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2546202

I submitted the game to Valve a month ago and there has been allot of request for it on Steam, perhaps if this thread gets big enough Valve will take notice...

No longer plays GeoSpark New Romantic krayzkrok's Avatar
    Will you issue Steam keys to those who've purchased the game on Desura? I have to admit I'm not having much luck with Desura, mostly because it insists on using my small C: drive partition as a cache and, despite what it says, there's no option to change this. You can imagine the effect this has on my hard drive whenever I try and launch Lunar Flight, which needs Desura to launch, so it's rather unplayable.

Pillow Talk
    Just navigate to the games folder and run the exe ;)

No longer plays GeoSpark New Romantic krayzkrok's Avatar
    Really? I'll go try that later. I asked Desura to put a shortcut on the desktop, then double-clicked that (after shutting down Desura) and it immediately launched Desura again to check for updates before launching it. Very glad it can be run independently.

I'd still be happy if you issued Steam keys for early adopters if/when it arrives in Steam. ;)

Pillow Talk
    You can now buy it on Gamers Gate as a stand alone installer: http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-LUNARFLIGHT/lunar-flight

World's End Supernova Brian Rubin's Avatar
    Nice, congrats!