Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Reckoning: Kingdoms Of Amalur is such a lousy name...

Spinning Toe
    Quote Originally Posted by tylertoo View Post
    As a former D2D customer who is also now on Gamefly, may I ask: where be this coupon?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. Answer, its in the email welcoming you to Gamefly. Hadn't ever looked at it.
    Its also worth noting that the 30% off coupon expires 2/3/2012. I just noticed that.

New Romantic
    Oh, good catch! Guess I'll preorder Mass Effect 3 with it, (if the coupon works for pre-orders). $42, not bad.

New Romantic
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim James View Post
    So I have to ask how the gamepad controls are supposed to work in one context. They make you press a button to run, which means you can't use the right stick to look around at the same time. Sometimes the camera seems to follow just from your left stick movement, but sometimes not. It's clunky and frustrating. I'm used to being able to look around and change direction quickly on the run. In games with controls like this, do gamepad users just not do that?
    You can set the run button to press (from hold) in the options menu. That make it a toggle, so you can tap it, then use the right stick all you want.

Quote Originally Posted by aganazer View Post
    Its also worth noting that the 30% off coupon expires 2/3/2012. I just noticed that.
    Oh, alright, with a 30% coupon you got me to preorder. I hope you're happy. If it sucks, I blame you!

Wesley Chapel, FL XBL:LivinItUp PSN:LivinItUpInPhx
    I just received an e-mail from Amazon stating the game "has released and is ready to download." When I check my Amazon Games and Software Library, though, it says it will be available today at 10 AM PT. Also, the key is not yet revealed on that page. I guess we get to play it today instead of Tuesday?

EDIT: The e-mail also said my CC has been charged.

Quote Originally Posted by aganazer View Post
    I'm not seeing where it says this here new customer 30% discount code expires today. Anyone else spot it?

How To Go
    The pre-load is available. That's all. EA won't make the game available until Tuesday but if you get it through Amazon right now, you can pre-load it.

New Romantic
    Quote Originally Posted by tylertoo View Post
    I'm not seeing where it says this here new customer 30% discount code expires today. Anyone else spot it?
    It is in the small text at the bottom of the email. I've reprinted it below.

30% off purchase coupon expires 2/3/12. Coupon is valid for a single purchase order, and is valid for downloadable products only. This coupon cannot be combined with any other coupons or discounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    It is in the small text at the bottom of the email. I've reprinted it below.
    Well, there it is. I never would have spotted that. Thanks.

EDIT: Moved my Gamefly client mini-rant to the Gamefly thread.
    Last edited by tylertoo; 02-03-2012 at 08:23 AM.

World's End Supernova
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    You can set the run button to press (from hold) in the options menu. That make it a toggle, so you can tap it, then use the right stick all you want.
    Great, thanks. Still not sure I'll ever play this until someone convinces me the combat is deep and interesting. But at least the controls and camera don't disqualify the game now.

World's End Supernova Brian Rubin's Avatar
    So in my last playthrough of the demo, I did a quest in which I helped a woman prove that women can be priests in the church. I don't recall encountering a quest like that before, so I thought hat was neat.

How To Go
    Based on the demo, I would say it's one of the best combat systems ever put into an action-RPG. Probably closest to God of War in terms of how it works and how it appears to evolve in the skill trees. With backstabbing. It's up there alongside Witcher 2 and Dark Souls, all three of them being very different approaches to hitting things with sharp objects but equally successful at accomplishing that objective.

I thrust game designers New Romantic Teiman's Avatar
    psn: Teikman| My new robot killed the moon. Replaced by holo. Make sure humans don't (try) go there.
    The people that has unlocked all the perks (cheating), say the game with all the perks is a pretty awesome thing to look at and play. Can't wait.

World's End Supernova
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKeil View Post
    Based on the demo, I would say it's one of the best combat systems ever put into an action-RPG. Probably closest to God of War in terms of how it works and how it appears to evolve in the skill trees. With backstabbing. It's up there alongside Witcher 2 and Dark Souls, all three of them being very different approaches to hitting things with sharp objects but equally successful at accomplishing that objective.
    Okay thanks. I'll put it on my wishlist and stop wondering now.

Neo Acoustic
    Looking forward to it. Will probably buy from steam once a pre-load is confirmed/starts. I hope I'll be able to do the VPN unlock trick and can then start my rogue on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorini View Post
    The pre-load is available. That's all. EA won't make the game available until Tuesday but if you get it through Amazon right now, you can pre-load it.
    Yup. Won't unlock until Tuesday at 3 AM ET.

How To Go
    Damn I think you guys just converted me. I went from being totally nonchalant hearing about the hate piled onto the demo to... now being really curious.

--- Alan

New Romantic
    Play the demo! (If you haven't).

I replayed it after the good comments from the people here, but to no better result. The game is just not for me. The combat was certainly fine, but the graphics and story keep me from enjoying any of it. Ah, well.

World's End Supernova
    By play the demo, he means if you want to be talked out of it again. I'm really not interested in much of anything in the game, but I'm willing to ignore that if the mid-game combat is satisfying.

There's definitely no rush on a $60 unproven IP. And I have combat system fatigue anyway after recently replaying The Witcher 2 and putting too much time into Batman and Bastion. I need to play Dark Souls soon too.

Neo Acoustic
    Are the the amazon game digital downloads not US only?

Well, never mind. Got the game for ~47$ since it is 30 pounds on the UK steam store, so I had a friend gift it to me.
    Last edited by razarok; 02-03-2012 at 12:04 PM.

Is that that Schilling fellow?

Yes. With Ice Cube.

Well, if it's good enough for Mr. Cube...

World's End Supernova
    He doesn't seem very excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim James View Post
    He doesn't seem very excited.
    He was about to buy Skyrim when Schilling ran up and shoved that game into his hands.

Ice T's been around the block, I doubt he'd blink at a free beej.

How To Go
    What does Ice T have to do with anything?

Ice Cube was on Dan Le Batard Is Highly Questionable today wearing the same sunglasses and jacket. Must have snagged the game today. I bet his copy's unlocked.

Interesting that Curt's badge is a Media badge. I'm not sure what event they're at, but that seems odd for the studio head of the game to have. Maybe he's covering the launch of his game for ESPN, ha!
    Last edited by Spect; 02-03-2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: spelling