Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Skyrim: mods and tweaks

Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    Just need a weight mod. I fucking walked the entire way out of the tutorial because I couldn't bear to drop the dagger of shitiness that put me 1 pt over my weight limit*.

*more like 100 over, but same concept, I'm a packrat.
    Yep, I agree. If you find one, post about it.

I believe stamina is only used by melee special attacks. Think of it as mana for melee.

New Romantic
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Sergeant View Post
    I wish stusser would just man up and close your account. Actual spam-bots are less of a net negative to the forum.
    Really? He seems harmless. Funny even.

He that has and a little tiny wit-
    With hey, ho, the wind and the rain -
    Must make content with his fortunes fit,
    For the rain it raineth every day.

A nude mod you say? Might have to reconsider getting this on PC.

Social Worker
    That was the best thing about Oblivion, all the mods that turned it into a giant hentai game. See, for a hentai game I can tolerate inane, awful character building and terrible gameplay, cuz like, those things aren't the point of the game.
    Last edited by Wallapuctus; 11-11-2011 at 08:25 AM.

Social Worker
    Virginia ---------> Steam ID: Point Blank
    I homo-eroticized the hell out of Dragon Age 2, so that's a future benefit of not picking up Skyrim for awhile.

Just to follow up on my last post, game runs fine on i3/GT460, 1920x1080. I'm not super sensitive to frame rate and I didn't bother Frapping it, but Skyrim never chugged indoors or out on medium-highish settings. And if Skyrim ain't running a Gamebryo engine with the knobs turned up to a 11 and a few dents buffed out, I'll eat my keyboard. Cryengine 2/Frostbyte 2 engine this ain't...so everyone with any PC put together in the last 5 years or so should be able to run it fine.

Social Worker
    Yea, a weight mod would be very handy. There is some perk to aid you, and you can also equip a bow and keep it strung to walk moderately faster than you would otherwise do, when you are overloaded.

Social Worker
    The perk is in pickpocketing, 3 or 4 down. Gives you 100 encumbrance. You can also cast a feather spell.

The game has dragons and fireballs, give me a magic sack or sapient pearwood luggage.

Mad Chester
    What's the status of cosmetically equipped gear in this game? Can we display different armor than we actually equip, or will I be waiting for a mod for that?

New Romantic
    If you have 3-4 FPS to spare doing these couple of tweaks will improve video quality immensely:

1- Drop this into main directory: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=21
    2- Enable FSAA in the SkyrimPrefs.ini

EDIT: Actually no need for point 2, as the file already has FXAA on its own.
    Last edited by HRose; 11-11-2011 at 01:09 PM.

How To Go
    Quote Originally Posted by instant0 View Post
    Yea, a weight mod would be very handy. There is some perk to aid you, and you can also equip a bow and keep it strung to walk moderately faster than you would otherwise do, when you are overloaded.
    Or, y'know, up your Stamina, like the game intended.

Account closed How To Go
    Lafayette, IN ---> XBL: Cubit33 --------------> PSN: Cubit85 -------------->
    Sorry, couldn't resist:

Social Worker
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKeil View Post
    Or, y'know, up your Stamina, like the game intended.
    Well, what I did was find a cluster of two barrels in one of the villages I have visited.

The first one contains about 120 books, the second one contains all the stuff I intend to sell once I can get around to it.

Think I was carrying around 450+ in weight at one point... took a _very_ long time to get anywhere. Since you cant fast travel when encumbered. Oh whell.

Social Worker
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubit View Post
    Sorry, couldn't resist:

HA! Mods, what mods?

Enter in dev console. Use the ` key:

player.modav carryweight 9999

Done.

Console ports and weight limits suk!!

Quote Originally Posted by HRose View Post
    If you have 3-4 FPS to spare doing these couple of tweaks will improve video quality immensely:

1- Drop this into main directory: http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=21
    2- Enable FSAA in the SkyrimPrefs.ini

EDIT: Actually no need for point 2, as the file already has FXAA on its own.
    Highly, highly recommended. On my upper-level system (I think it is still, anyway), no drop in FPS at all, and it really beautified some things that needed beautifying.

Meanwhile, we still wait for the Creation Kit....Maybe next week?

No more blocky noses and chins for humans/elves (I noticed this in char creation; apparently the compression on those facial graphics causes it.)

http://skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=30

New Romantic
    Quote Originally Posted by scharmers View Post
    Just to follow up on my last post, game runs fine on i3/GT460, 1920x1080. I'm not super sensitive to frame rate and I didn't bother Frapping it, but Skyrim never chugged indoors or out on medium-highish settings. And if Skyrim ain't running a Gamebryo engine with the knobs turned up to a 11 and a few dents buffed out, I'll eat my keyboard. Cryengine 2/Frostbyte 2 engine this ain't...so everyone with any PC put together in the last 5 years or so should be able to run it fine.
    It's obviously the same engine and not even immune to the usual Gamebryo problems.

For example I'm reading many reports of the game giving worse FPS the longer you play and run around. In fact some users are suggesting tabbing in and out (I guess working like some sort of memory flush).

Streaming worlds still can't work properly if the constant loading/unloading causes FPS to get worse progressively.

World's End Supernova
    Quote Originally Posted by triggercut View Post
    Seriously? That is just sad. BOOHOHOOBOO SPIDARS

Ex-pat Brooklynite in the swamps of Florida.
    Boohohooboo is now officially a QT3 thing.

Account closed How To Go
    Lafayette, IN ---> XBL: Cubit33 --------------> PSN: Cubit85 -------------->
    Change field of view
    Head to My Documents, select My Games, select Skyrim and then Skyrim again, then create a backup of the skyrim.ini file. Scroll down to [General] in the file and add fdefaultfov=XX (where XX is the field of view you want). Then save and exit.
    Anyone else having trouble getting this to work? I can change FOV via the console, but it doesn't seem to work if I add that line to the .ini file.

New Romantic
    Quote Originally Posted by JackBurton View Post
    Here's PCgamer achievement: http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/...ter-tweaks.jpg

Here's how it can actually look like: http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/5654/image1av.jpg

Good Shape
    Anyone else having trouble getting this to work? I can change FOV via the console, but it doesn't seem to work if I add that line to the .ini file.
    Maybe try SkyrimPrefs.ini in the same folder instead , although I've found the fov seems to stick just putting it in through the console .

New Romantic
    Another heritage of Gamebryo: the game relies a lot more on the CPU than the videocard.

That's why it works perfect for a lot of people and like shit for others. A good CPU will make it smooth even if the videocard isn't new.

Especially in towns it will be the CPU the bottleneck.

Social Worker
    Runs great on my E8400. I'm sure some folks are running Skyrim on CPUs a bit older than this but you'd think they'd be used to throttling the graphics down some by now.

Be sure you enter the game and create a save.

Exit the game through the menu.

Edit the FOV.

Enter the game. Re-save.

Exit the game normally.

Should save your FOV .ini setting.

Ex-pat Brooklynite in the swamps of Florida.
    Triggercut, I must have done that purely by accident when I started the game. Because since the the first time I set the FOV to 90 it hasn't changed.

How To Go
    Quote Originally Posted by JackBurton View Post
    There's an error in the VSYNC-disable point - you need to make that tweak to the skyrim.ini file, NOT the skyrimprefs.ini file as indicated in the article (which got that tip from tweakguides, which correctly identifies skyrim.ini).

You will not disable vsync if you add that line to skyrimprefs.ini

My FOV keeps going back to default. Not sure when it happens (death, reloads, what). I've tried both an INI tweak and the console command. I also noticed that SkyrimPrefs.ini is in two locations - one in My Games, one in Steam. Does the Steam one constantly overwrite the other?

According to Reddit: It seems to be fast travel that resets the FOV.

Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    Enter in dev console. Use the ` key:

player.modav carryweight 9999
    Awesome! Does it persist, or do you have to enter it every time?

Edit: It persists! Very cool!