Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tokimeki Memorial Girls Side 2nd Season - Actual Play: Balls Mahoney Rides Again

Account closed New Romantic

Tokimeki Memorial Girls Side 2nd Season - Actual Play: Balls Mahoney Rides Again

I am weeping with joy because the full English language patch for Tokimeki Memorial Girls Side 2 is finally out, and that means it's time for BLS-kun to mack on some boys again!

(If you have no idea what I am talking about, here is the previous thread.

.... No? So anyway, the game starts with the protagonist as a little girl lost on a beach. She runs into a little boy who is obsessed with mermaids, and he takes her to talk to his grandpa who is also obsessed with mermaids. They team up to tell her a story about a mermaid who fell in love with a man, but the cruel villagers chased her back into the ocean so he spent the rest of his life gazing at the sea. This makes Balls-chan cry, so the little boy promises her that the man definitely found his mermaid again, and then he promises to find Balls again someday and gives her a kiss.

Then Balls wakes up from her dream. She has just moved to a city by the sea that she visited when she was young and, in the grand tradition of romantic heroines in Japanese media, is hopelessly lost. She finds her way to a little restaurant run out of an old lighthouse and there she meets this fine gentleman, who looks suspiciously like the guy on the box.

You wouldn't happen to be obsessed with mermaids, would you?

Oh look, he's an asshole. He MUST be the guy from the cover.

New Romantic
    I can't wait till you get to the part with this manly-looking gentleman:

New Romantic
    Oh jesus not another 3 weeks of reading one of these in morbid horror with my door locked so my roommates can't come in and see what I'm reading.

CANT NOT CLICK ON THREAD

Oh look, he is the guy from the cover. He has a different hairstyle at school, and is oddly paranoid that people might find out that he has a part-time job.

So Balls finally gets to school and gets to meet her very first BFF, Toudou! They immediately start gossiping about Saeki, as one does.

Not really seeing the ninja thing there, Toudou. She then immediately skips class.

Yeah, I don't think hanging out with her is going to improve Balls's intelligence. But Balls thinks she is super cool.

Then it's time to meet the homeroom teacher, Wakaouji. As in TMGS1, the teacher is totally romancable, but, well....

He's a pretty little airhead, is socially stunted, and generally has nothing on the hotness incarnate that was Himuro.

World's End Supernova
    Go Balls, go!

Waka, why don't you elaborate for the audience?

Go on.

And how did that work out for you?

Mmm-hmm. I've played this game before and done Wakaouji's route and it is, well, all over the place. His backstory is pretty hilarious, and he's very inappropriate because he's socially stunted. It's also pretty funny and cute at times, but man, lots of WTF going on there. Anyway, after this, Waka leaves and has you fill out a self-introduction sheet. The first three questions are pretty normal but question #4 is "What type of guy do you like?"

Oh Waka-chan, you are so awkward.

Well, I went with the most pretentious guy I could last time, so we'll go with "Cool" this time.

So the game asks me again. Did you not hear me the first time? I SAID COOL. And after that we leave school, I guess that personality questionnaire was really tiring. And we get to meet the stalker-helper of this game. In the first game, it was your little brother.

In this game it's your younger next door neighbor.

And his bedroom window looks directly into yours.

Oh look, he has an option that the little brother in the first game didn't have. Well, that makes sense, the touching system is a lot more complex in this game, because now you don't just poke the boys, you can also rub, hold, and slap them. I am not making this up. Well, I should brush up on my boytouching skills...

OH GOD WHAT AM I DOING

I'm going to jail.

... is it ready?

I can't tell who is sexually harassing who here anymore.

Goodluck!!
    Toudou's ... female? And she's wearing ... a nun's scapular? With an ... empty tie chain??

I'm so excited about this thread!

Account closed Social Worker
    Reading this thread.

You are like 10 years old get out of my room!

Since school has started I sign up for cheerleading club and apply for a part-time job at the Seaside Cafe. Gonna need money for outfits to woo boys.

And Saeki is pissed that I'm going to be working where he is.

Yeah, fuck you too, buddy. Anyway, just as we're about to get into it, Saeki's grandpa, who owns the cafe, walks up and, well...

Anyway, Saeki explains his concerns that Balls will tell everyone about his job and his grandpa tells him to lighten up and hires Balls anyway. Grandpa tells Saeki to train her and Balls is amazed at how mature and cool he seems when he's working.

Could he possibly look more smug? Where's my skinship cursor, I wanna slap him.

AND THEN HE BEATS HER WITH A TRAY. WTF, GAME?

The violent asshole is surrounded by adoring fangirls? Why yes, this is exactly like in manga. Anyway, he lies to his fanclub and says he has to help Balls get home so that he can get away from them. He does eventually explain that he's hiding his part time job because the cafe is open late and he doesn't want any of his teachers calling his parents and asking them to make him quit.

Patton Oswalt would love that. Death Lighthouse: The Lighthouse That Eats People. Toudou hears the strangest rumors.

Even though Saeki is a violent jerk and I hate him, he's the only guy I know so far in the game, so I ask him to go to the Botanic Gardens. His overcomes his initial OVERWHELMING SUSPICION of what I could possibly have planned and agrees to go. He is late for our date, so I hit him.

So it's really gonna be like that, eh? We wander around the garden and he talks constantly about how much he loves summer and generally acts like a normal person.

It was a date. Don't fall into denial.

A short while later, Saeki and I are walking to the cafe after school when Balls trips and falls into Saeki. Mouth first. And lands on his mouth.

As you can see, the protagonist in this game is a little bit brighter than the gal from TMGS1.

I kind of want to see what he would say if she said no, but I don't get the option to lie to him.

QuarterToYaoi

sigh

I like that Balls doesn't seem to be especially embarassed here.

... a way too long conversation about mermaids this one time...

Wait, Balls, what exactly are you talking about now?

Awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by scharmers View Post
    QuarterToYaoi

sigh
    There's no sex of any orientation, killjoy.

Account closed World's End Supernova
    Boletaria, Gamertag: Ben Sones PSN: bsones
    Also, isn't Balls a girl?

Balls really wants to talk this out. Way too much.

Ok, yes, we get it.

He really is obsessed with secrecy.

She failed to catch her man. Sadie Hawkins looks on in shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Sones View Post
    Indeed she is.

As Balls wanders the halls of her school, she hears a beautiful guitar melody from one of the rooms and stops to investigate.

Just what I needed, another grumpy guy.

Holy shit, quickest turnaround from tsun to dere I've ever seen.

So Balls compliments his song and then

Right back to tsun-tsun. Why did I have to meet such difficult boys first?

Bitch, I don't even know you, how would I know?!

I bet he thinks that Harry is a really cool English name.

As I am out shopping for much-needed accessories, I come across my BFF Toudou and find out that her hobby is nail art. Not what I expected from my cool, athletic buddy but I'll keep it in mind. Then I come across Harry and my new friend Haruhi out on a date.

My friends in this game are dumb.

That's it for now. I'll be back later tonight with more boytouching adventures.

New Romantic
    Skinship is an amazingly creepy word. I keep having flashbacks to the lotion and basket scene every time I see it.

New Romantic
    As much as I love onions, both raw and cooked, I can't imagine voluntarily drinking onion juice. Or thinking it'd be in some way therapeutic - onions taste the way they do because they're trying to prevent animals from eating them. We're just perverse enough to enjoy eating onions and jalapenos despite that.

Here is the fashion designer for this game, Himeko. She is significantly less terrifying than Goro was in #1.

I am pretty sure she's hitting on me, though.

It's sports festival time and even though it's the same three games that I hate from the first game, I decide not to be a grumpy asshole and go for the three legged race.

Saeki is concerned that I'm only doing this as an excuse to try to kiss him again, and I don't really feel like I have the right to get mad at him for it given that I "teased the mouth" of a 10 year old earlier.

We get second place and Saeki puts on his bitchpants over it. You didn't want to participate in the first place, don't get all mopey over a decent finish.

Of course, the end of the Sports Festival brings the folk dance. At least there's no pedostache to worry about this time.

Geeze, Harry.

God, all the men in my imaginary life are assholes.

Everything is weird to you, Saeki. Going after grandpa and calling him Master is starting to look like the most appealing option. Anyway, right after that it's time for a date with Saeki.

At least I'm not showing off my armpit.

Account closed Social Worker
    But he's hiding the other armpit. Maybe because he hasn't shaved it.

New Romantic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Sones View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie Gallant View Post
    Indeed she is.
    a pretty girl

How To Go
    Quote Originally Posted by Angie Gallant View Post
    Oh look, he has an option that the little brother in the first game didn't have. Well, that makes sense, the touching system is a lot more complex in this game, because now you don't just poke the boys, you can also rub, hold, and slap them. I am not making this up. Well, I should brush up on my boytouching skills...
    This is going to be Epic!

Wakaouji walked Balls home and on the way he berated her about not studying enough for the upcoming exams. It's true, she is pretty dumb, but then he follows up with that. He is such a dork.

Sure enough, Balls does pretty poorly on her exams. Saeki shows up to actually encourage her like a decent human being, which is kind of shocking.

I run into Harry in the hallway and discover that not only are both the guys I know assholes, they are both secretive assholes.

FML.

Hustle
    Oh poor Himeko, see looks like she had some kind of stroke!