Because good game with technical problems > bad game with polish
So in the mine, there's a wobbly tower of wood. Is there a way to make it fall down? Seems odd that it would hint at you being able to knock it down if you can't...
Also, in the previous scene there's a passageway blocked by rocks. Is this wobbly tower the way to get to that blocked-off area?
Absolutely outstanding - an unskippable cutscene right before the King boss fight where I am going to die over and over again.
That one is much easier if you use the Machine to break line of sight with the enemies. You can nova it to death in like 10 seconds to start the fight off, and continue using it to prevent all three of the assholes from targeting you at the same time and instagibbing you in the second phase of the fight.
I think this game is developing a worse community than Eve. I join 5 games, none of them labelled private and every time people start swearing at me for joining their game. I ask them that if they could label their games private from now on if they want them private that would be perfect, and get a variety of response varying from swears, to people insulting me for not noticing that they did have private in the name. Possibly the private is getting cut off.
And then I go to host my own and I notice that my chapter 5 save I have with my GF is gone... perfect!
I was in level 6 near the end and baam, the game crashed for first time. Now to do it again from the beginning. :(
12345Changelog for Patch #3 - January 27th
* UPnP will no longer crash the game.
* Lack of playable avatar will no longer crash the game.
* Improved reports on disconnect and connection failed.
* Game crash on startup due to old gamer with long name fixed.
* Game terminates properly on crash.
* Save data wipe bug on multiplayer disconnect fixed.
* Boss crashes in Chapter 6 and 12 fixed.
* Servers limited to 4 simultaneous steam users.
* Players that have not selected a slot when the game starts is kicked.
* Server browser no longer displays games of a different version.
* Version miss match check.
* No longer possible to bounce between islands in Chapter 6
* Fixed interrupted dialog from Vlad in Chapter 6.
* Fixed trigger sequence in Chapter 9.
* Chapter 12 boss damage texture added.
* Fixed a bug where a client was locked in an animation.
* Delayed message from steam no longer forces player into game.
* Challenges are now playable using the French version
* Added version number in menu.
* Added server password. (player requested feature)
* Default undie-time changed to 0.5s (Staff of the Dead)
* Beam spells merging sometimes crashes game with stack overflow (for real)
* Chat still awkwardly positioned.
* Self-shields sometimes get out of sync
* Players are still able to have multiple summons
* Server list sorting not implemented
* Network congestion on high ping (>400ms) connections still problematic.
* Game stutters slightly on some systems despite good performance (cause known, fix pending)
* Steam attempts to install XNA framework every time game is launched or rare occasion
* Game sometimes hogs uplink bandwidth - (Being researched)
See, Beams are so powerful they crash your system!* Beam spells merging sometimes crashes game with stack overflow (for real)
Also, lol stack overflow.
They have a display bug, games without the lock symbol are asking me for passwords.
98% of the games are also now password protected.
Anyone wanna try a game tonight?
Still learning new tricks.
lightning + ice = fast energy bolts
lightning + ice + shield = ice that shoots lightning into enemies for a second
qfasa is both the thunderbolt and the Beam of Death, if you use spacebar or right click. Two of the best spells in the game, with the same keystroke pattern.
And remember, the game have a block feature, not documented by the tutorial. Control + click.
(until they give in on the rediculous save vs checkpoint crap)
I'm glad it only cost $10, because the controls are so unplayably bad that I gave up trying to play after thirty seconds. Pathfinding is not optional in this sort of game. I wouldn't bother trying this one out unless your patience for shitty controls is infinite.
It controls just like D2, Torchlight and their ilk. Maybe he wants click-to-move as it's implemented WoW?
Or in Guild Wars?
I dunno. I like the controls. The only real objection I have to them is that quite often, when I go to nova, I charge my sword and then airpuff nova.
And that's a minor problem.
To be honest I don't really see the problem. I don't want him to walk like that, scarily enough I think that I'd be more likely to blow up or die if I didn't control him. I just always have one hand on the mouse waving it around and I see no problem with that because I'm always moving, there's no other way to do it.
Tman, Morberis and I had a failed attempt at multiplayer just now, game crashed in the middle of chapter 8 and then when we tried to restart the game wouldn't load . It seems like the best thing to do is to try multiplayer once per day to see if the day's patch will fix anything.
The highlight though was when the pub, Morberis and I attempted to combine beams and it seems one of us had an opposite element, the beam exploded wiping us all out in one bloody mess.
It works like this: hold the mouse button to move in the cursor's direction.
Hold, not click. How hard is that to understand?
It's like in Alien Swarm. You have to hold the "W" key to move forward. Same idea, just with the mouse.
Yeah that was a great game. Electricity definitely seemed to play a large part of the game but we mixed it up fairly well. On those guys I'm leaning into using a cold beam and then mines when they get close.
But yeah great fun, on the bridge there I saw you had a few spells I haven't yet obtained and I think every one killed one of you. Aiming at the goblins, thundbolt, BAM one of you explodes. Okay.... THUNDERBOLT and I'm again sprayed with the bloody remains of a teammate. Surely a third time won't kill one of you, aaaaarg I'm frozen and I've been hacked into little pieces. Possibly by my remaining teammate before I killed him.
Still not managed to get a MP game going properly yet :(
I did have some issues with joining tonights game. At first when Jab made the game the password wouldn't work, and then when he remade it it kept asking for a password even though it indicated that it didn't need one. Then when trying to join I couldn't click join Tman or Jab through steam, I had to be invited. At which point it didn't require a password.
Overall including tonights game and my other experiences I've had far more luck joining through the steam interface than the browser. By which I mean clicking Join so and so from my friends list and invites.