Page 1 of 47 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinball FX 2

Social Worker

Pinball FX 2

Okay, I'm confused about the move from Pinball FX to Pinball FX 2 on the Xbox 360. If I buy Pinball FX 2 (having never bought the original FX), will I get all the original tables in addition to the new ones? Or do I need to buy Pinball FX first, then upgrade to 2?

Social Worker
    No, you will not. I believe they offer two packs, each 800MSP, one for the originals (Extreme, Agents, and Speed, and I want to say one other), and another for the new ones (Pasha, Rome, Biolab, and the undersea one). I'm pretty sure you don't have to buy Pinball FX first, pretty sure you can just buy Pinball FX2 and the content you want. If you already own Pinball FX, however, your original tables are playable and some (at least Extreme, Agents, and Speed) are updated graphically.

Bad Girl
    Yes, that's correct. The platform is free, the PFX2 tables (4) are 800 points, and the PFX1 tables (4) are 800 points. DLC from PFX1 is 240 points.

So if you wanted to save 40 points per table on four DLC tables, you could get them for 200 each now and import to PFX2 tomorrow. (Earth Defense, the 5th DLC table, is 240 points on PFX1, so no savings there.)

Social Worker
    nsorens, what is the fourth table from the PFX1 pack? It shipped with three (Agents, Extreme, Speed) but DLC included Bucanneer, Nightmare Mansion, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Excalibur, SFIV, and EDF. I'm almost certain it isn't R&B, SFIV, or EDF -- so is it Bucanneer, Nightmare Mansion, or Excalibur? And is it only the original three that get graphical updates or will the fourth one included in that pack get it too?

Social Worker
    Oh, also, I've been waiting for this update eagerly. Having a pinball platform is *awesome*. I hope Zen is active in delivering new tables. Now if only the excellent Williams pinball collection tables could come over too!

Bad Girl
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWeather View Post
    nsorens, what is the fourth table from the PFX1 pack? It shipped with three (Agents, Extreme, Speed) but DLC included Bucanneer, Nightmare Mansion, Rocky and Bullwinkle, Excalibur, SFIV, and EDF. I'm almost certain it isn't R&B, SFIV, or EDF -- so is it Bucanneer, Nightmare Mansion, or Excalibur? And is it only the original three that get graphical updates or will the fourth one included in that pack get it too?
    Buccaneer, a freebie DLC for PFX1, is included with the 3 original PFX1 tables in the PFX1 "Classic Pack" for PFX2.

The PFX2 trailer shows the Nightmare Mansion upgrade, so there are at least 4 tables that get upgrades. Not sure if Buccaneer also got some love.

Social Worker
    Quote Originally Posted by nsorens View Post
    Buccaneer, a freebie DLC for PFX1, is included with the 3 original PFX1 tables in the PFX1 "Classic Pack" for PFX2.

The PFX2 trailer shows the Nightmare Mansion upgrade, so there are at least 4 tables that get upgrades. Not sure if Buccaneer also got some love.
    Awesome, thanks for the info!

P.S.: I noticed you are new posting here -- welcome! -- are you affiliated with Zen or just super-informed (don't answer if you don't want to, of course)?

Bad Girl
    Yes - as you can see, I signed up a long time ago (and another time years before that, but I forgot the login info), just never posted until now. Long story short, I've been lurking here for years.

I work with Zen Studios doing miscellaneous things, mostly game design on upcoming unannounced stuff, and strategic design (e.g., the platform approach for PFX2). I wasn't really involved with table design and such.

Social Worker
    Okay, I think I get it now. Basically, I just need to download FX2, then all the downloadable tables, and I'm golden!

Social Worker
    Yes - as you can see, I signed up a long time ago (and another time years before that, but I forgot the login info), just never posted until now. Long story short, I've been lurking here for years.

I work with Zen Studios doing miscellaneous things, mostly game design on upcoming unannounced stuff, and strategic design (e.g., the platform approach for PFX2). I wasn't really involved with table design and such.
    Awesome. I'm really excited about the platform approach and that you guys are bringing forward all of the original tables and DLC. Now if you guys could take over that platform for retro video games, Game Room, I'd be ecstatic!

Social Worker
    Achievements (39 for 650GS, hopefully leaving room for future tables) at http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/. Love the art on them, Zen needs to teach a course on achievement art to some other devs.

Administrator World's End Supernova Tom Chick's Avatar
    I need more of you people on my friends list playing this! The high score list is kind of drag when the only person I'm pwning is Denny, who's only played each table, like, once.

-Tom

Social Worker
    Feel free to add me to your friends list if you want, Tom -- I should be playing this quite a bit. My gamer tag is BigWeather.

Pillow Talk
    I'll most likely pick this up in the immediate future. I've been playing the heck out of Zen pinball on the PS3 and hey,who can pass up new tables.

I'm Rakatiel if anybody wants to add me. Same tag in PSN incidentally if anybody is still playing Zen Pinball.

Social Worker
    Alpharetta, GA. Gamertag: TommyTutone GameCenter: DavidHuxley
    Have I mentioned that I own 4 pinball machines in real life lately? Honestly, I have nothing else of remark to note my sad existence, but regardless, I am all over this title like a fat kid on a cupcake.

Social Worker
    I'd love to own some machines but no room, sadly.

The first thing I'm going to do tonight is download this, even before I take off my shoes or hug my children. I'm ready for some high score leaderboard action: Gamertag "Dack Montana".

How To Go
    I've been playing a lot of Pinball HD and Slayer pinball on my iPhone which has gotten me back into the digital pinball mood and now I might be tempted to pick these up as well.

I work with Zen Studios doing miscellaneous things, mostly game design on upcoming unannounced stuff, and strategic design (e.g., the platform approach for PFX2).
    So does that mean you're the one I pester about getting Tesla for FX 2? :)

Quote Originally Posted by TomChick View Post
    I need more of you people on my friends list playing this! The high score list is kind of drag when the only person I'm pwning is Denny, who's only played each table, like, once.
    Had the exact same thought when I downloaded the game and tables before work this morning. So it's on now, Chick. Friend request incoming (also to the others in the thread who aren't already on my list).*

I have the sneaking suspicion that I double paid for Excalibur. It's listed in the FX 2 downloads twice, once as "table" and once as "full," with neither marked as a trial. I think one of them might be for FX and the other is for FX 2. Does that make any sense? Any one else come across this?

*Sorry if I request spammed anyone. Sending friend requests through my phone might not have been the best idea.
    Last edited by Justin Fletcher; 10-27-2010 at 10:15 AM.

Social Worker
    I'll be playing this quite a bit if anyone wants another person to compete against.

GT - rowe33

Administrator World's End Supernova Tom Chick's Avatar
    There's something weird with the backwards compatibility at this point. From where I'm sitting, it looks like Earth Defense -- which I really want -- and Super Street Fighter II -- about which I couldn't care less -- aren't currently available.

Justin, send me another friend request if you weren't able to before. I cleared out some space on my friends list.

-Tom

Done. Bring it!

I noticed the weirdness with the Street Fighter table (i.e. only the trial is available), but I think I downloaded Earth Defense Force. Or maybe not. The current listings are a bit confusing.

Kansas City, MO, Gamertag: Rock8mnky, PSN: Rock8man
    Wow, this is really great. I love the implementation of how the game intimately ties in friends' scores. Right now, the only person on my friends list with scores on all the tables is Denny. I just beat your Speed Machine score Denny. Not only does it update how much I need to beat the score during the game, afterwords they make cute use of avatars to show me dethroning Denny. That was pretty funny.

Social Worker
    I currently have all but the SFIV and EDF tables, I'll buy those today (in addition to the four new ones). Looking forward to getting home and trying it out. Also excited that apparently the Mars and Paranormal tables from PS3's Zen Pinball are coming to PFX2.

How To Go
    Seattlish. XBL:Editer PSN:DennyA These are my opinions, not my employer's, but they should be yours.
    I need to bump some deadbeats off my friends list and add you guys... Right now I just have Tom and Rock8Man. The competitive stuff is too good not to have more friends to battle. Particularly since Tom and Rock8Man both seem to have more time for pinball than I do. :)

Social Worker
    Going to try out the new version tonight after the Rangers (hopefully) whomp on the Giants...

Hustle
    Right on! Home from my classes and now on to FX2.

Tom, if you (or anyone else here on qt3, for that matter) add 'MinkStaccato' to your friends list, I'll be happy to give you a run for your money on the high score front.

~mink~

New Romantic
    I'll definitely upgrade soon (tonight?). I loved the first one and I believe I have every DLC table (except maybe EDF).

Kansas City, MO, Gamertag: Rock8mnky, PSN: Rock8man
    I only have Pinball FX, and the free table Buccaneer, so that means I have 4 tables without even buying anything in FX 2. What a brilliant idea to rope someone in. The original four tables play much, much better in FX 2. Must be the improved physics.

I'll have to kick someone off my friends list and add you Tom, if you have some room. A big thanks to Denny and GarDrastic for having points and adding a big multiplier to my wizard score. What is a wizard score? I have no idea.

Social Worker
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock8man View Post
    I only have Pinball FX, and the free table Buccaneer, so that means I have 4 tables without even buying anything in FX 2. What a brilliant idea to rope someone in. The original four tables play much, much better in FX 2. Must be the improved physics.
    That's good to hear. Hopefully any annoyances that bugged me from the first tables are gone now.