Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: House 7

World's End Supernova Brian Rubin's Avatar

Kansas City, MO, Gamertag: Rock8mnky, PSN: Rock8man
    Finally saw this week's episode. I thought it was one of the better patient-of-the-week episodes in a long, long time, because I cared about the patient, so I was riveted by her case. Well done. Great job by the actress and the writers.

Kansas City, MO, Gamertag: Rock8mnky, PSN: Rock8man
    A Chase episode! I enjoyed that conversation between Chase and Foreman in the stairwell. The highlight of the episode.

New Romantic
    Forget if the medical drama is based in reality or not, a "massage therapist" that hot simply doesn't exist! ;-)

New Romantic
    I liked last night's episode, though Dr. Chang dumping Taub seemed a little improbable. Is it going to be a female-of-the-week til 13 comes back? Can't they settle on someone for a while and then kill her off conveniently or something?

Bad Girl
    Really weird to see Jennifer Grey again, just can't get used to her "new" face and associating that with the person that we saw in Ferris Bueller & Dirty Dancing...

Wouldn't it be interesting if Fox did a crossover with Lie to Me? House's "everybody lies" motto would gel pretty well with Lightman. Also they're both pretty loose cannons, which might make for some crazy scenes!

New Romantic
    Portland, OR GamerTag/GWFL: FreshQu33blets
    Jennifer Grey herself has admitted in interviews that the nose job was a dumb move career-wise, and I agree. Obviously she's still a very pretty woman (especially seeing as how she's 50 this year!), but after her plastic surgery she lost that unique beauty she had when she was in DD and FBDO.

Back to House--I suspect it must be a repeat tonight since no East-coasters have posted on tonight's ep. Am I correct?

New Romantic
    Quote Originally Posted by Papageno View Post
    Back to House--I suspect it must be a repeat tonight since no East-coasters have posted on tonight's ep. Am I correct?
    Mini-break until baseball is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggraider
    Is it going to be a female-of-the-week til 13 comes back?
    I was keeping it under my hat to avoid spoilers, but since they put in the promo for the after-the-break episodes, Amber Tamblyn will be coming in. Given the fact that Olivia Wilde's film career is starting to develop, I wouldn't be shocked if they closed out her story this season and went with Tamblyn going forward (and the series only has about one more year or two in it at this point - they're running out of stuff to do).

New Romantic
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Seiler View Post
    Mini-break until baseball is over.
    I loathe these halts in seasons. I can't wait til we're all on a la carte IPTV 2.0 so this bullshit ends.

World's End Supernova
    Watchin' TV in the window of a furniture store. Gamertag: surplus bags
    Quote Originally Posted by Papageno View Post
    Jennifer Grey herself has admitted in interviews that the nose job was a dumb move career-wise, and I agree. Obviously she's still a very pretty woman (especially seeing as how she's 50 this year!), but after her plastic surgery she lost that unique beauty she had when she was in DD and FBDO.
    But if she never had that nose job, how could she have starred in that sitcom about how she had a nose job?

New Romantic
    Portland, OR GamerTag/GWFL: FreshQu33blets
    Gaaa, no new House tonight! Thanks, "World" Series!

New Romantic
    Yes, yes, but the Rangers have finished losing now so I'm guessing Fox should be getting back to normal next week. This happens every year - one day I'll figure out why it surprises me every time the baseball playoffs roll around. I know that their Sundays are back on schedule, at any rate.

Social Worker
    Well, yet another female "doctor" is introduced into the team. It appears that Masters will be around for at least a few episodes.

New Romantic
    Quote Originally Posted by Timemaster Tim View Post
    Well, yet another female "doctor" is introduced into the team. It appears that Masters will be around for at least a few episodes.
    I believe that Joan of Arcadia will be around for the rest of the year. I'm guessing that if Olivia Wilde's career continues on its current trajectory, they're eying her as a potential permanent replacement.

I like her better with short hair, though.

New Romantic
    Ugh, I'm really not enjoying the direction this show is going. The House/Cuddy thing has ceased to amuse and now the new "doctor" (seriously, a third year med student?) is just ridiculous. I get that she's a Doogie Hauser, but please, no administrator in her right mind would put an unlicensed med student on a premiere diagnostic team. Ignoring the litigation liability she poses, you're also shackling her to House, which is a good way to kill an otherwise promising start in medicine. It's also insulting to the rest of the team who presumeably had to pass the medical boards and do their time in residency, surgery and diagnostics before getting the positions on House's team.

On top of all that, the character is simply annoying. I get that they wanted a foil for House's lack of morality, but this seems too contrived.

Social Worker
    Isn't Joan of Arcadia actually OLDER than 13?

New Romantic
    Amber Tamblyn - May 14, 1983, so currently 27.5.

Olivia Wilde - March 10, 1984, so currently 26.5.

However, Amber Tamblyn has never played a grown up person, ever (she still ended up playing to the young rookie type in The Unusuals, despite the fact that she was supposed to have been a vice cop), because I'm pretty sure that if a police officer saw me making out with her in the park he'd have me arrested for child molestation. She STILL looks like she's in her teens.

Mad Chester
    Amber Tamblyn - May 14, 1983, so currently 27.5.

Olivia Wilde - March 10, 1984, so currently 26.5.
    Which makes Taub's comment even funnier: "She's basically the same age as 13."

New Romantic
    She STILL looks like she's in her teens.
    She does with a face full of heavy makeup. It looked like they basically painted her face with concealer.

New Romantic
    Masters was cool this episode. I liked that she got to be the hero, though I was surprised by how quickly the others gave up on House's life.

I don't know why Cuddy is upset about the lie, when House has lied to her for so long. Seems too contrived to me.

I suppose it's okay to focus more on Sam and Wilson now that the doctors aren't doing it. Three relationships would be too much.

Social Worker
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggraider View Post
    I don't know why Cuddy is upset about the lie, when House has lied to her for so long. Seems too contrived to me.
    I don;t know about that. Lies before the relationship weren't personal. Now that they are in a relationship, she expects honesty, even if its job-related. Intellectually she may have been able to rationalize his lying before they were an item, but now that they are, she cannot emotionally accept the lying regardless of the fact that it is work-related,and consistent with what he did before.

And, I thought Masters was much better this episode.

Social Worker
    Fascinating episode. The production values for the opening scene on the slave ship alone made it for me.

Social Worker
    First episode of the season I can stand up and say I really really enjoyed. I loved the dutch translator as well.

Mad Chester
    Good episode. It was interesting to see House in such a desperate state.

New Romantic
    I like this episode too. The medical drama was in the foreground and everyone wasn't acting like they were in High School.

New Romantic
    It would have been better, though, if the medical drama had been even remotely believable. It's rare to see this show in particular conclude with something that is flat-out, completely and totally wrong (r-pox was not a possible diagnosis for a lot of reasons). I didn't hate the episode, but when even a guy who isn't a doctor knows that your solution is impossible it strains credibility.

I do hope they keep the changes to Tamblyn's character, though. She's still a little too Pollyanna, but it was much more tolerable this time around.

New Romantic
    No new episode tonight. What the hell.

New Romantic
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggraider View Post
    No new episode tonight. What the hell.
    House is a year-round series on Fox. It goes on a significant break. It'll be back after the holidays.

I hope 13 comes back !

World's End Supernova Brian Rubin's Avatar
    No new eps until January 10th, according to TheTVDB.com. Fine with me, I've got several eps to catch up on.