Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Two Worlds II: We know the first game was terrible

I will be spectacularly annoyed if GoGamer actually have it.

Owns Amazing Spider-Man 2 DVD Social Worker
    Quote Originally Posted by mtkafka View Post
    On PC Two Worlds was decent. It was basically a 'poor' mans Oblivion. I never finished it, but what I played it was a passable mix of Oblivion meets Gothic. Suprisingly the character development was very open ended and got deeper the longer you played (I played about 15-20 hours).

Oh yeah, the horses weren't that bad on PC.. at least after patches. That video looks like his controller is stuck. also an aside, even in that video the graphics look pretty good for a 360 game thats 4 years old.
    I second this. I really enjoyed it on the PC. I will agree with mtkafka that it was the poor man's Oblivion but it still was an enjoyable game with a great world.

The horses at times did have minds of their own but so do real horses, amirite?

Social Worker
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    I will be spectacularly annoyed if GoGamer actually have it.
    well i read from the ign 2worlds board some people called and emailed gogamer to confirm. seems that the imports are international versions (not sure if from germany or uk). i have seen this a few times with gogamer getting non-uk international versions as import.

its possible the 11/11 date is correct. I'll find out next week!

World's End Supernova
    Watchin' TV in the window of a furniture store. Gamertag: surplus bags
    So is this like the Red Steel 2 of RPGs, or what? Why go to the trouble of making an apparently pretty good game and then slap the title of a bad game on it?

Social Worker
    Quote Originally Posted by extarbags View Post
    So is this like the Red Steel 2 of RPGs, or what? Why go to the trouble of making an apparently pretty good game and then slap the title of a bad game on it?
    Well its from east Europe (Poland). Titles like Evil Islands and Divine Divinity are common! oh and don't forget S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

I have a good feeling this might be at least worth playing. This video shows some nice fluid action combat... something that was absent from even Oblivion.

http://www.gameswelt.tv/16797/two-wo...ge.html?mode=2

Are those monkeys flinging poop at the PC? Heh.

Social Worker
    I liked the first game. Sure it wasn't the best ever made and it was a mess technically but I loved the world itself (much more than Oblvion's). Combining items was fun and the character development wasn't bad. The VOs were horrible, true, and the story was meh. Looking forward to the second game, but I'm happy Europe gets to cut its teeth on it first and can warn us US folks if it is a mess.

Social Worker
    About the horse riding, well I just started replaying the game from the steam version epic edition, the thing is the horses cannot ride on steep terrain and will sort of auto move out of steep unpassable terrain. its a little annoying, but once you know where you can and cannot go, really no big deal (imo).

btw i cancelled my preorder on gogamer and bought 2 worlds 2 on gamersgate uk for download. you can get it thru a german proxy and just add to basket. its about 30GBP... about 45-50 bux.

New Romantic
    Quote Originally Posted by mtkafka View Post
    About the horse riding, well I just started replaying the game from the steam version epic edition, the thing is the horses cannot ride on steep terrain and will sort of auto move out of steep unpassable terrain. its a little annoying, but once you know where you can and cannot go, really no big deal (imo).

btw i cancelled my preorder on gogamer and bought 2 worlds 2 on gamersgate uk for download. you can get it thru a german proxy and just add to basket. its about 30GBP... about 45-50 bux.
    Is that Two Worlds 2 you can get through a German proxy on Gamersgate.uk the English version of the game?

How do you purchase it through a German proxy? (What are the exact steps, I have no idea how to do this)

Do you have to route the Gamersgate downloader client through a proxy as well?

Social Worker
    I got thru from http://www.german-proxy.de/

You don't have to purchase thru the proxy, just be able to add it to your cart and purchase (don't have to enter any credit info) from gamersgate uk (not usa)

also, you don't need proxy to download it. just need the download exe and the key from email.

i got the info from a 2 worlds 2 message board.

http://board.zuxxez.com/showthread.php?t=35251

just make sure you get the international version which has the english version... though from english impressions i've read... some ppl are wishing for german voices hehe (supposedly the english VOs aren't as good as the german).

New Romantic
    Ah ok I used proxyde.com, and was able to get it. Thanks for the tip!

Instructions on how I did it from the US:

go to proxyde.com

Click the small "surfen" link on the page, and enter "gamersgate.co.uk"

Log in to your account, then select the version of Two Worlds with no language (this is the english version). Click buy, then checkout, then confirm purchase. The site will eventually timeout because it can't establish a secure connection.

Gamersgate will then send you an email that says "please finish your order". Click on the link provided in the email (this will bring you to the regular gamersgate.co.uk site), log into your account, and then fill in your payment info.

Viola, Two Worlds 2 is yours.

Social Worker
    played a little more than an hour of the sequel... its very polished so far. graphics are a big step up as are the physics in it. and the game does a MUCH better job in explaining how the game works (the first was terrible at this). pretty much the first hour+ is a story tutorial and eases you into the games mechanics.

think this might be the real deal, meaning those german reviewers are onto something. still early in the game... i'm esentailly still in the first area (equivalent to like goodsprings/primm if i was playing FNV). only issue so far is the big console like menu ui... no big deal though, everything else feels top notch so far.

Ok I caved - am also doing this :)

Mad Chester
    This looks very promising.

When is this supposed to head to North American shores?

How To Go
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
    When is this supposed to head to North American shores?
    I think it got pushed to early next year.

Spinning Toe
    Yup, January for NA, UK, AU...although Gamersgate is selling to AU (without a proxy).

When you invert the mouse you invert it for archery mode as well, you nincompoops.

New Romantic
    Ok, put about an hour and a half in.

It's very good so far. The engine is incredible. Zero load times, looks amazing. Gameplay so far is excellent as well. I can't believe this is made by the same team.

I'm having one problem though. No matter what I try, I can't get Vsync enabled in this game. The in game option does nothing, D3D overrider does nothing (triple buffering and vsync, and every combination of both on and off), triple buffering in the CCC... I'm at a loss. Is there some other way to force Vsync on a 5770?

New Romantic
    oh? Its good? Man....I need this then! thanks for the quick impressions.

Is the world still a big place you can go explore?

Think so but too soon to really tell - there's a tutorial island :) I don't agree on the engine incidentally - it's fine, rather than great. The draw distance/detail combination hasn't been any more than usually impressive so far. It not bad, but it seems to be pushing about as much stuff as the average other open world-ish console engine. It's no Just Cause 2. There are loading screens for some interiors.

Game systems seem quite deep and interesting, plot is fine so far, essentially bugless so far, VO is fair, looks fine, a bit of a lack of weight in the early archery and magic, some interesting terrain, no invisiwalls... optimistic so far. Ask me in 20 hours :)

Social Worker
    yeah, I don't want to proclaim this the best CRPG ever or anything. It seems like a decent crpg so far (only played about 5 hours). I will say this... it has the same difficulty as alot of eastern euro rpgs do. it is nowhere near as 'easy' as Oblivion or a Fallout 3... it still plays alot like the first Two Worlds in terms of gameplay (which is good or bad depending on what you're looking for). Seems you can't play a generalist, and have to focus your skills (at least early going). What seems to make this game better than the original is that Archery and Magic seem to have alot more credence (melee seemed to be a big focus in the first 2 Worlds).

overall feels alot more open and diverse than what I've played of Div 2 and Arcania, which would probably be the best comparisons ... but I am still very early in the game (about an hour into the savanah area).

New Romantic
    damnit - how am I going to get far in LOTRO if you guys keep saying things like this?

okay.. SQUAD BROKEN! I give in...I'll be getting this ASAP

Mad Chester
    Just bought the game from Gamergate.co.uk. I was going to wait for a Steam release, but it is not even on its upcoming game list, so i caved in.

I am 2 hour into the game, and my initial impression is that this may very well be the Sleeper Hit of the year, if not the decade. I am not sure if it is because I had zero expectation or the game is actually that good. What I can tell you certainly is that, the game is VERY VERY optimized. I am able to max all settings except AA with my 70 dollars graphics card, and the graphics looks gorgeous. I am also happy to tell you that it passes this little pet peeve test of mine. It detects the native resolution of my monitor! You would be surprised how many mega-budget games don't do that *cough* Call of Duty *cough*. So this is a good start. A very good start.

Account closed Mad Chester
    So, this is available in English... from where?

See earlier in thread :)

Account closed Mad Chester
    Oops, somehow my eyes glazed over that part.

New Romantic
    I've read that by the mid-game it gets pretty easy, so the recommendation is to play on Hard.

Also, can someone remind me how to tag multiple targets using the multishot ability with the bow?

New Romantic
    Did they tone down your sister any? Seems like they were trying to evoke the wrong kinds of feelings towards your own family...

Social Worker
    Maybe she is not your sister anymore! :P