Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 36676869707172737475767778798081828384858687 LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 2600

Thread: Left 4 Dead 2

New Romantic
    But it hasn't changed for the campaign, right? I was never much for versus.

Won Tales of Maj'Eyal Social Worker
    Uh, yes? The points per level are much more balanced and the score for distance instead of all or nothing affects all the levels of a campaign.

New Romantic
    Sorry, I mean co-op campaign. I assume you mean versus, unless I've forgotten some important things about the original.

Won Tales of Maj'Eyal Social Worker
    There is no scoring in co-op unless you count the end of game stats credits. If you die you try again until someone gets past the level, so scoring would be kind of pointless.

New Romantic
    Yeah, that's the problem, the first four levels are pointless. At least in L4D.

New Romantic
    Again, totally fixed in L4D2.

World's End Supernova
    I'm still not sure what Quitch is arguing... that playing L4D is pointless because... errr... wait what?

World's End Supernova
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
    I'm still not sure what Quitch is arguing... that playing L4D is pointless because... errr... wait what?
    The original with the vastly over-scored finale and health kits. For the fourth time, yes this is completely fixed in L4D2. it can be a bit annoying in the other direction when one team fights like Spartans to make it and the other team breezes through with the same score, but it's massively better.

H.

World's End Supernova
    Yeah but he is still talking about co-op, not versus, which is what is confusing me.

New Romantic
    There was no (meaningful) continuity, which makes the idea of a campaign useless. Victory was completing the finale, and as the finale was much harder than the previous maps you had to be able to breeze through them to win, which turned them into pointless filler because they had no bearing on the map that mattered.

I'd really have like to seen a lot more emphasis on scavenging, so that the first four turn into a risk/reward game where you're setting yourself up for the finale without trying to burn through to many items. I think it's really the limit on guns and items, and the way they're positioned, that make these maps irrelevant.

It sounds like versus has been made a lot more viable than in the original, but co-op plays the same.

New Romantic
    You better go back in time to tell the Qt3-L4D group that versus wasn't viable in the first one so that we don't all play it for 300-400 hours each.

EDIT: Which is to say yes the score was annoying and pissed off the competitive jerk in me, but the game itself was still loads of fun.

New Romantic
    Perhaps you missed the word more? Something would not be described as more viable than something which is unviable, it would simply be 'viable'.

So are all the L4D1 campaigns out now in L4D2?

New Romantic
    With the exception of the mini campaign Crash Course and the special survival map last stand, I think everything else has been ported.

Good Shape
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Sergeant View Post
    You better go back in time to tell the Qt3-L4D group that versus wasn't viable in the first one so that we don't all play it for 300-400 hours each.

EDIT: Which is to say yes the score was annoying and pissed off the competitive jerk in me, but the game itself was still loads of fun.
    You mean it still is alot of fun!

New Romantic
    good necro

BTW, L4D coop lovers should get Payday.

Account closed How To Go
    I second the Payday recommendation.

Social Worker
    I thirdeth the previous recommendation for The Heist, Payday.

New Romantic
    New patch just came out, adding Crash Course from L4D. At this point I think everything except for "The Last Stand" has been ported over. There is also a new mutation that institutes competition rules into vs. , which sounds interesting to try out.

Hustle
    I have a question about these ports of original L4D levels into L4D2. Once I saw that Valve committed to moving over all the main campaigns from the first game I deleted it and figured I'd just wait for all of them to come over. Now that they pretty much have and I've been playing more, I realized that all the unique incidental dialogue for all the characters seems to be missing for all the L4D campaigns. I can understand if they left that out for the moment for file size or beta reasons, but if they're never intending to put them back in that kinda sucks. I play a lot of single player (yeah, yeah) and only hearing the survivors shout generic lines about weapons and boss infected makes the game far less immersive to me.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone knows anything about this. I can't seem to find anything on my own.

New Romantic
    After playing the campaigns a million times the special dialogue was just kind of annoying anyways. All you need is for them to shout about any items you come across and the occasional scream of distress, the rest is repititive and non-functional.

((not dismissing why you want them, I'm reasoning why Valve didn't do it))

New Romantic
    I used to run most parts of the Confogl config on my old server. It was great. Valve bringing it into the mutations list was a great idea.

Anyone else for trying Confogl tonight?

Neo Acoustic
    I've been hankering to play some L4D again......Anyone else interested in maybe doing a saturday/friday night thing?

Spinning Toe

Evil laugh, evil laugh, evil laugh.

Only if Jab is on the other team.

Mad Chester
    I can't play random versus matchups anymore. Every match is either a pubstomp, or it's got people with 1000 hours in game playing people with 3 hours in game.

New Romantic
    Is versus the main way people here play? I only just play the campaign missions.

Administrator New Romantic Jason McMaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    Is versus the main way people here play? I only just play the campaign missions.
    I play campaign as well

Mad Chester
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    Judging by the number of games at any given time, most people are playing versus.