Things wot I want to do
I think a public list will encourage me to tick off a few things I want to do this coming year or five. Add your own! In no particular order:
- Write something. I don't know what. Short story? A novel? It's a cliche, but what can you do?!
- Make a pirate or fairy (or Pirate Fairy) munny with the wife.
- set up a workbench or two in the garage so I can attempt some Instructables projects
- Dig our windswept garden to make it somewhat more pretty.
- Do my sekret Facebook project
- Compete in the 48 Hour Film Festival (entering with machinima). Unlikely because I don't know any film geeks :(
- Own bees! ...one day..
Ok that's all for now.
6th Grade Spelling Bee Loser
World's End Supernova
i like spelling what as "wot"
it is funny
I'm channeling my English side.
- Actually start writing that immense comic series I've been planning for some time.
- Go back to learning a martial art, which means I get to get fitter as well.
- Learn a new language.
- Learn coding. I wonder if I can count this as learning a new language.
- Finish a full length feature film script.
Cool stuff - as for martial arts I highly recommend Systema - if you can find a class. Oh.. in Singapore.. probably not. It's sort of insane Russian Krav Maga but with a focus on dropping folks and then getting away. I did a few lessons when I was in the US and it was really cool but was unable to keep going due to lack of lessons in New Zealand :(
Add me to the list of people wanting to get back to writing. Have done it most of my life in some capacity. Got married, had a kid, bought a house, and it went out the window.
Insane Russian Krav Maga sounds... wrong.
Originally Posted by Calistas
Today I was playing a little plastic track and marble toy with my youngest kid. You know - you build a track up out of various parts and roll marbles down it.
I've seen much more elaborate custom-built ones in various locations. I think it would be cool to build a really elaborate fancy one. I'd probably have to learn how to weld, though.
My list is considerably shorter than yours.
-Learn how to play the Cello
-Backpack through the mountains
-Use a wingsuit! Likely a pipe dream
-Get much better at welding, and build me a custom PC case plus other junk. I'd also love to machine myself some custom lamps etc.
Welding, yes! I need to rebuild my 10" dobsonian telescope and I thought a light welded frame might be good. Also - Steampunk projects!
I also want to learn more ukulele but there aren't much in the way of lessons in Wellington, and I am not musical enough to work out more than the basics on my own :/
Figure out what the fuck is wrong with me.
I want to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony.
But really, I would love to join a group of people and sail around the world. Maybe if I get laid off.
Gah. All I want is to get a bit more sleep, AND continue:
- raising the kids
- having fun with my wife
- kicking ass at my job
- playing the occasional video game
It's all I can do to keep up with normal everyday existence ferfucksake.
Someday I would like to
- write a Dwarf Fortress-like game with a decent UI
- write the Oregon Trail of Cthulhu game
- play around with fluid / combustion simulation
- go to a tropical island with my wife & kids
- really learn the guitar
But I've given up on all that at least until the youngest kid is in grade school. Until then, freakin' forget it -- young kids are just tooooooooooooooooooo much energy. It's great investment -- all this energy now is setting them up to be happy & secure adults, and they're only young once -- but, I mean, DAMN.
Finish and release at least one game.
Get my house built.
Finish my novel.
Unlock the secret of time travel so I can get all of this done.