Thread: Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ???

Social Worker

Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ???

I was just surfing for DS reviews when I stumbles on this little gem "Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ". I know it's cliche to like zombies, but I do like them, they entertain me. The thing that got me about this game is the fact that it's an old-school shooter, one of my favorite types of games. I'm going to try and get my hands on it before thursday so I can plow through it while camping this weekend. Anyone had a chance to play any of this game yet?

Zombies? Check. Sexy gun-toting heroine? Check. Challenging, old school shooter gameplay? Check. Yep, Little Red Riding Hood's Zombie BBQ pretty much has it all. Spanish developer EnjoyUp has crafted a stylish and humorous game that has its own take on the classic top-down blaster design. While endless streams of decaying undead spill down from the top screen, Little Red Riding Hood mows them down with a variety of high-power weaponry. But instead of having free movement up and down or even left to right, Red is locked into seven zones along the bottom. I'm not sure if restricting the player's movement this way works entirely, but it doesn't stop Zombie BBQ from being loads of fun.

You don't really need a reason to cut zombies in half with a machine gun, but the setup here is that several well-known fantasy lands have suddenly been infested with these brain eaters. Red and her pal Momo Taro (both are playable) travel to Grandma's house, Pinnochio's toy shop, Sleeping Beauty's castle, and even the North Pole to pay a demented Santa Claus a visit. Some light and very cute voice acting has been included, with Red exclaiming "Zombie BBQ!" at the title screen and calling out each weapon she picks up. As I said, this is a very old school, "twitch" shooter that involves a lot of dodging and gunplay. It gets pretty hectic, but that makes it all the more rewarding when you pass a difficult section. Levels can be a little long, though, and it is frustrating to make it all the way to the end and be killed, only to have to start way back at the beginning. Checkpoints would have been nice.

Mad Chester
    You had me at BBQ

Account closed How To Go
    Niche?
    This place is absolutely crazy about zombies.

Zombies are like the bacon of gaming. Just like every food is improved by adding bacon, so is every game by adding zombies.

Administrator New Romantic Jason McMaster's Avatar
    Yeah, if it has zombie on it, Qt3 will buy it.

So will Jason McMaster

Spinning Toe

PR guy of the undead

I hope Qt3 embraces our game with open, rotting arms!