Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 99

Thread: GTA4: How do I save my car?

  1. #1
    Administrator World's End Supernova Tom Chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    27,868

    GTA4: How do I save my car?

    Umm, so I seem to recall a message about being able to park a car somewhere to save it at my safehouse. But the Banshee I parked out front last night is gone. :(

    So I've been around the block a few times and through that alley, but I can't seem to figure out where I'm supposed to park to keep my car. GTA4, why can't you be more like Saints Row???

    -Tom

  2. #2
    Spinning Toe
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    753
    I want to know this too, I lost my Hummer :(

  3. #3
    Account closed New Romantic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,485
    you park the car in the yellow box that saids "Resident Parking"(which is in front of your apartment), unfortunately it's not like Saint row, if you decide to take your car out, and accidently lose it and blown up. it's gone forever.

  4. #4
    World's End Supernova
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    XBLIVE:LIZRDKNG; PSN:lizardkng3333
    Posts
    15,894
    Yeah, not having a respawning car there for whatever you dropped off last is almost as annoying as the mission restart at home thing.

  5. #5
    Administrator World's End Supernova Tom Chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    27,868
    Ah, I see it now, under all the shuffling pixellated shadow effects from the elevated train! So, I wonder if I can fit more than one car in here? It looks like a pretty generous parking space. Hmm.

    Epic, pish, Hummers are a dime a dozen. Try finding another Banshee. :(

    -Tom

  6. #6
    Account closed New Romantic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by TomChick View Post
    Ah, I see it now, under all the shuffling pixellated shadow effects from the elevated train! So, I wonder if I can fit more than one car in here? It looks like a pretty generous parking space. Hmm.

    Epic, pish, Hummers are a dime a dozen. Try finding another Banshee. :(

    -Tom
    You can fit 2 mid size cars, but you can only fit one fire truck! Oh yeah it's not so bad after getting back to the mission after restart, what you can do is hold down Left bumper on 360 controller and hail a taxi if one is empty and close by.

    Very cheap and you can basically skip driving there yourself.

  7. #7
    Spinning Toe
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Outside of my cage Gamertag/PSN:DustyTheHamster
    Posts
    585
    It will only save two vehicles. I had a coquette and an infernus sitting there, finally came across a NRG 900 motorcycle parked it between the two and it removed the coquette on the next load. Edit to specify first safehouse is all I have right now.

  8. #8
    Social Worker
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,575
    Quote Originally Posted by TomChick View Post
    Ah, I see it now, under all the shuffling pixellated shadow effects from the elevated train!
    You have that as well? I was getting worried that I was the only person that had it. The reviews I read mentioned nothing about it. It seems to be worse during the midday times when the shadows are at their strongest.

  9. #9
    Account closed New Romantic
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    9,396
    Are you guys playing it on the 360 or the PS3?

  10. #10
    Account closed Hustle
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    490
    It's really weird that they copied Saint's Row cellphone and GPS(and even took the auto-righting cars from Godfather) but (seemingly) ignored the SR garage. Maybe something later in the game includes it.

    I don't care that it isn't realistic and there's little gameplay justification, I LOVED tricking out assorted cars and then just admiring my creations.

  11. #11
    New Romantic Pogue Mahone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    7,814
    Well, if it's like the other GTA's there ought to be other, better safehouses with more garage space. I hope anyway!

  12. #12
    Account closed New Romantic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,485
    so far i'm on my 3rd safe house still the [Resident Parking] haha

  13. #13
    How To Go
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The 44th Parallel
    Posts
    13,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Buceph View Post
    You have that as well? I was getting worried that I was the only person that had it. The reviews I read mentioned nothing about it. It seems to be worse during the midday times when the shadows are at their strongest.
    I've seen it once or twice, too.

  14. #14
    New Romantic
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    XLive: Qorgyle; PS3: Comfy_Pants; Loc: Portland OR
    Posts
    5,588
    I guess it's a part of the new gritty, real GTA. It'd be hard to explain away storing 100 cars in the garage. :/

    I rather liked that Saints Row didn't even bother. They just gave it to you.

    Oh well. DLC?

  15. #15
    Social Worker Sam Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Above the Chemist
    Posts
    3,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Buceph View Post
    You have that as well? I was getting worried that I was the only person that had it. The reviews I read mentioned nothing about it. It seems to be worse during the midday times when the shadows are at their strongest.
    I've just started playing and the game looks *weird*. 1280*1024 using the official VGA cable, and the graphics are absolutely saturated with bloom and depth-of-field effects, and also pixellated shadows, like Tom said. Also, the game's very dark. I had to turn up the in-game brightness to about 75% to see properly.

  16. #16
    Account closed World's End Supernova
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Boletaria, Gamertag: Ben Sones PSN: bsones
    Posts
    20,040
    Quote Originally Posted by TomChick View Post
    Umm, so I seem to recall a message about being able to park a car somewhere to save it at my safehouse. But the Banshee I parked out front last night is gone. :(
    Now you know what it feels like to have your car stolen. Maybe you should think about that next time you feel the urge to steal someone's Banshee.

    ;)

  17. #17
    How To Go
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The 44th Parallel
    Posts
    13,875
    Yeah, I accidentally rammed into a cop car 'cos I couldn't see where I was going at night.

  18. #18
    Account closed New Romantic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Omniscia View Post
    Yeah, I accidentally rammed into a cop car 'cos I couldn't see where I was going at night.
    Yeah... sure.. I bet that's the excuse you gave, after throwing that bottle of vodka out of the window.

  19. #19
    Social Worker
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,918
    The city looks beautiful, but man, it's blurry...

  20. #20
    Social Worker Kadath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,763
    JEEZ dont we have enough damn GTA threa...

    Tom Chick
    Neffermind....

  21. #21
    Neo Acoustic
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK Gamertag: UncleSmoothie
    Posts
    1,918
    Quote Originally Posted by idrisz View Post
    so far i'm on my 3rd safe house still the [Resident Parking] haha
    It's very New York-realistic to have no available parking, much less a garage of your own. :)

  22. #22
    Social Worker Brakara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Posts
    2,750
    Quote Originally Posted by idrisz View Post
    you park the car in the yellow box that saids "Resident Parking"(which is in front of your apartment)
    Hmmm, there was no yellow box in front of my apartment... and I couldn't save any cars either.

    Quote Originally Posted by TomChick View Post
    Ah, I see it now, under all the shuffling pixellated shadow effects from the elevated train!
    That gives me absolutely no clues, as I've yet to see any pixellated shadow effects. Mind you, I haven't seen any pop-ins either, so it's probably just my poor eyesight that fails me.

  23. #23
    Account closed New Romantic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakara View Post
    Hmmm, there was no yellow box in front of my apartment... and I couldn't save any cars either.
    when you walk out your apartment building, look straight ahead at curb, there is a big square yellow box with Resident Parking written on it.

  24. #24
    How To Go
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    14,894
    Quote Originally Posted by idrisz View Post
    You can fit 2 mid size cars, but you can only fit one fire truck! Oh yeah it's not so bad after getting back to the mission after restart, what you can do is hold down Left bumper on 360 controller and hail a taxi if one is empty and close by.

    Very cheap and you can basically skip driving there yourself.
    Plus, if you kill the cab driver when you get where you're going, the ride is free!

  25. #25
    Account closed New Romantic
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    9,375
    Quote Originally Posted by DustyTheHamster View Post
    It will only save two vehicles. I had a coquette and an infernus sitting there, finally came across a NRG 900 motorcycle parked it between the two and it removed the coquette on the next load. Edit to specify first safehouse is all I have right now.
    I have three sports cars saved there, currently.

  26. #26
    Account closed New Romantic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,485
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKeil View Post
    Plus, if you kill the cab driver when you get where you're going, the ride is free!
    Yeah but then cop is on you, you gotta drive around to get ride of them, and take up more time. it's only like $30!!!

    it's so easy to get money in the game, you can get like 250k in cash in one particular mission.

  27. #27
    Spinning Toe
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    753
    Quote Originally Posted by idrisz View Post
    Yeah but then cop is on you, you gotta drive around to get ride of them, and take up more time. it's only like $30!!!

    it's so easy to get money in the game, you can get like 250k in cash in one particular mission.
    I am like 3 hours in and have like 500 gold, how far in is this mission and how do I build the bankroll
    EDIT: I said gold instead of cash, but I am leaving it in and laughing at myself...god I'm such a WoW addict :(

  28. #28
    Account closed New Romantic
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,485
    I don't think it's that far in, I don't want to put any spoiler. By the time I get to that mission I already banked 30k from just normal mission, that mission just put it at 280k.

  29. #29
    Social Worker Balasarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    4,805
    Quote Originally Posted by idrisz View Post
    you park the car in the yellow box that saids "Resident Parking"(which is in front of your apartment), unfortunately it's not like Saint row, if you decide to take your car out, and accidently lose it and blown up. it's gone forever.
    That right there is all sorts of fail.

  30. #30
    Social Worker Balasarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Northern CA
    Posts
    4,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Buceph View Post
    You have that as well? I was getting worried that I was the only person that had it. The reviews I read mentioned nothing about it. It seems to be worse during the midday times when the shadows are at their strongest.
    Yeah, I'm not too happy with the graphics engine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •