Rumor is this title has started shipping to the distribution points. I know I cant be the only one that has a pre order down for this bad boy. Is anyone else waiting for the PSPís "Killer App"?
Also it appears that X-Men legends shipped but thatís another story.
I put $20 down on that bad boy.
Already paid for, hoping it shows up before I take my next trip a week from tomorrow. PSP's make airports better.
Pass. I'm just sick of GTA games.
In Liberty City, GTA is sick of YOU.
Then it rapes you, runs you over, and steals your money.
Re: GTA: LC
Definitely picking up the GTA game for the PSP - probably the game I'll play the most. But a Q about X-men Legends 2 -- even though I passed on it for the Cube, I might pick it up for the PSP if it isn't a really compromised version - anyone know?
Originally Posted by ranvarian
Re: GTA: LC
Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects was made just a couple of cubicle rows over from where I sit right now. My understanding is that it shares very little with the console version -- I don't know whether you'd consider that "compromised" or not. A fun beat 'em up that's not too deep. I'd suggest you read some reviews to see if it's your kind of thing.
Think he's talking about X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse which apparently has more characters, more levels and infrastructure online mode for PSP. Haven't played it yet though.
after 1 night of play the xmen game seems exactly the same as the console with 2 exceptions:
graphics slightly worse
load times slightly longer
Yeah, I was talking about this one. I have the original for the gamecube, but suspect I'd actually get more use out of a portable version, so if the sequel is pretty decent on the PSP (sounds like it), that's likly one I'll pick up.
Originally Posted by Jazar
No longer plays GeoSpark
The very latest issue of EDGE Magazine has another preview, this time hands on. It sounds like GTA has indeed been transferred successfully to the PSP, though they question whether it was suited to a handheld. Chases and crashes are as visceral as always, and you get used to using the analog control nub for walking. The only real concession to the hardware is apparently the big reduction of "life" in the city - far fewer pedestrians and cars. No mention made of loading times (which may mean it was presented to them after it had loaded!).
It looks like you'll get what you expect, but I'm not sure that it'll be the game I'll remember buying my PSP for.
It has multiplayer!!!
Re: Load times.
"Well, the initial load will be about 20 seconds, and then loading times when you're moving from one city or island to the next will be about 12-14 seconds," says Rockstar.
Wow that article is like friggin glowing.
Kicks the shit out of Midnight Club 3.
Originally Posted by Bren
Didn't it ship today? How come there are no reviews out for it yet? I would have thought that a heavy hitter like this one would be getting more press.
yeah, I'm picking mine up after work. I'm gonna write it up for somewhere I'm sure.
Yeah I guess I will be getting my copy tomorrow... I am not all that jazzed with spending 49.99 on a portable but it is prolly good.
Also the no reviews thing does not make me all that much more happy to just throw down the money for it.
1-up has a review. GTA: LCS got a 90%
1up has been a bit 9/10 happy lately though. Stubbs, Shining Force Neo, etc all scored the same.
IGN just gave it a 9.0 but man the guy sure does a lot of complaining in his review.
Ditto. The open-endedness of GTA3 and it's mature subject matter and nice "solve the problems the way you want to" vibe did a lot for me. But as time has gone on, I'm finding myself more and more frustrated with some of the basic mechanics that they haven't improved, even in San Andreas. They keep tacking on stuff like eating and working out and buying clothes and stuff, but it's still kind of awkward just to run around and maneuver indoors, the cars have a sort of un-car-like feel to them, you knock over light posts by tapping them a about 2 miles per hour (and it dents up your whole car), getting stuck on geometry I shouldn't, weird jumping, the list goes on.
Originally Posted by TriggerHappy
I'm waiting for GTA to improve the feel of its basic mechanics: the simple running, jumping, shooting, fighting, driving stuff. That, and I want them to make a game where I don't have to follow a string of specific story quests to unlock the next area, and then the next one...with the difficulty of these missions just all over the map. Some will be a breeze, others will be obnoxiously hard.
I really appreciate what GTA has done. I just want them to spend a little more time on the standard mechanics.
Maybe one of the upcoming GTA-alikes will be what I'm looking for, or will light a fire under Rockstar to work on the feel of GTA.
Played GTA and Vice City allot but got bored of San Andreas pretty quickly, mostly because of the reasons Cross mentioned. The latest game was certainly big but I think it showed they really could use a new engine. Hopefully they are working on something new for the next gen consoles.
I liked San Andreas a million times more than Vice City. However, San Andreas does have some tedious shit in it. One thing I really REALLY wish Rockstar would do is have someone sit back and point out the missions that are total shit. Like, I dunno, the Zero missions in San Andreas. OH BOY, I GET TO FLY A REMOTE CONTROL PLANE!!!! I WANT TO DIE!!!!!
I didn't get much of a chance to play LCS last night, but from what I did get to play it's very faithful to the series.
Here is the song list
DJ's: "Cliff" (Voice: Ed McMann) and "Andee" (Voice: Shelley Miller)
* Funk in Time - Randy La Fontaine
* Love is the Feeling - Schwarz
* Mine Until Monday - Sunshine Shine
* Get Down - Credit Check
* Tonight - Coal Timers
* Bassmatic - Nina Barry
* Into Something (Come on, Get Down) - The Jacksons
DJ: Michael Hunt (Russ Mottla)
* Train - Conor & Jay
* The One For Me - Cloud Nineteen
* Take The Pain - Purser
* Free Yourself - L. Marie (feat. Raff)
* Drive - 15 Ways
* Welcome to the Real World - Rous Stow
* Keep Dreaming - Vanilla Smoothie
DJ's: "Boy Sanchez" (Oliver Vuquer)
* Sing it Back (Boris Musical Mix) - Moloko
* Free - Ultra Nate
* I Believe - Happy Clappers
* House Music - Eddie Amador
* Feel What You Want - Kristine W
* Hideaway (Deep Dish Vocal Remix) - DeLacy
* Spin Spin Sugar (Armand's Dark Garage Mix) - Sneaker Pimps
* Plastic Dreams - Jaydee
* Altered States - Ron Trent
* There Will Come A Day (Half Tab Dub) - The Absolute
* Positive Education - Slam
* Flash - Green Velvet
* Circus Bells (Hardfloor Remix) - Robert Armani
* Higher State of Consciousness - Wink
The Liberty Jam
DJ's: DJ Clue (as himself)
* All I Need - Method Man
* Shook Ones Pt. II - Mobb Deep
* Incarcerated Scarfaces - Raekwon
* N.O.R.E - Noreaga
* Shut 'Em Down (Remix) - Onyx (feat. Noreaga and Big Pun)
* Beware - Big Pun
* Twinz (Deep Cover '9Cool - Big Pun
* Get At Me Dog - DMX (feat. Sheek from The Lox)
* Ruff Ryders Anthem (Remix) - DMX (feat. DJ Clue, Jadakiss, Styles, Drag-on & Eve)
* Do What You Feel - Redman (feat. Method Man)
* Chain Gang Freestyle - The Lox & Black Rob
* Chest2chest Freestyle - The Lox
DJ: Reni Wassulmaier (Barbara Rosenblatt)
Note: All Songs On This Station are by Giorgio Marauder
* First Hand Experience in Second Hand Love
* I Wanna Rock You
* I'm Left, You're Right, She's Gone
* From Here To Eternity
DJ's: MC Codebreaker & DJ Timecode (As Themselves)
* Renegade Snares - Omni Trio
* Terrorist - Renegade
* Finest Illusion (Legal Mix) - Foul Play
* Living For The Future (FBD Project Remix) - Omni Trio
* Stay Calm (Foul Play Remix) - DJ Pulse
* Disturbance (Tango Remix) - Hyper-on Experience
* Cold Fresh Air - Higher Sense
* Living For The Future - Omni Trio
* Thru The Vibe (2 on 1 Remix) - Omni Trio
* The Helicopter Tune - Deep Blue
* Dred Bass - Dead Dred
Radio Del Mundo
DJ: Panja Gavaskar (Hajaz Akram)
* Raghupati - Amanda Shunkar
* Dum Maro Dum - Asbet Bhosle
* Neeve Nanna (Only You Were Mine) - Vijaya Amand
* Kidda - Natacha Atlas
* Hebeena Hebeena - Farid El Atrache
* Aini Bet Ref - Abmed Mneimneh
* Im Nin'Alu - Ofra Haza
* Ballaa Tsoubou Hul Kahwa - Samira Tawfic
DJ: Natalee Walsh Davis (Pascale Armand)
Note: All Tracks Feature Ruddy Ranks and Redeye alongside the artist listed.
* Pick A Sound - Selah Collins
* What A Wonderful Feeling - Errol Berrot
* Watch How The People Dancing - Kenny Knots
* Lean Boot - Richie Davis
* Ready For The Dancehall Tonight - Peter Rouncer
* You Ha Fe Cool - Richie Davis
* Ring My Number - Kenny Knots
* Run Come Call Me - Kenny Knots
Double Cleff FM
DJ: Sergio Boccino (Robert Blumenfeld)
* Il Trovatore: Anvil Chorus - Composed by Giuseppi Verdi
* Il Trovatore: Tacea la notte placida - Composed by Giuseppi Verdi
* Nabucco: Chorus of the Hebrew Slaves - Composed by Giuseppi Verdi
* Cosi Fan Tutte: E amore un ladronello - Composed by Mozart
* Marriage of Figaro: Overture - Composed by Mozart
* I Paglicacci: Vesti la giubba - Composed by Ruggiero Leoncavello
LCFR is a talk radio station which has various programmes airing at different times on it. These are:
Heartland Values With Nurse Bob
Nurse Bob - Chuck Montgomery
Steve - Ptolemy Slocum
Bill - Michael Urichek
Lee Chowder - Ashley Albert
Crow - Gregg Martin
Coq 'O' Vin
Richard Goblin - Mike Shapiro
Lazlow as himself
I am going to be getting this game in just a few hours and I cant wait.
Damn, all that and a game in only 1.8 gig. But then, GTA3 only came on 2 cd's.