Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: ...and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

  1. #1
    Administrator World's End Supernova Tom Chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    27,862

    ...and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

    I have a question. What is the "I find your ideas interesting and would like to subscribe to your newsletter" thing from? I'm guessing The Simpsons. Am I close?

    -Tom

  2. #2
    How To Go
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    10,826
    Sounds like the family guy. I cant say for sure on that though.

  3. #3
    Spinning Toe
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    699
    It's from the Simpsons...Homer says it to Bart at the dinner table in one episode. Is it the episode where Homer snoops on that secret society? I can't remember for sure, but I know it's the Simpsons.

  4. #4
    How To Go
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL Gamertag/PSN: Jazar
    Posts
    10,715

  5. #5
    New Romantic
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    7,638

    Re: ...and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

    Quote Originally Posted by TomChick
    I have a question. What is the "I find your ideas interesting and would like to subscribe to your newsletter" thing from? I'm guessing The Simpsons. Am I close?
    It's a Homer-ism. As in Simpson, not that guy that wrote that book.

  6. #6
    Social Worker
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Celebration, FL
    Posts
    3,603

    Re: ...and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

    Quote Originally Posted by TomChick
    I have a question. What is the "I find your ideas interesting and would like to subscribe to your newsletter" thing from? I'm guessing The Simpsons. Am I close?

    -Tom
    "Mountain of Madness", Episode 4F10

    ...says the man with the "KWIJYBO" license plate.

  7. #7
    Social Worker
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Toronto Canada GamerTag: Gladguy
    Posts
    2,144

    Re: ...and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

    Quote Originally Posted by mystery
    ...says the man with the "KWIJYBO" license plate.
    Ok, I'll bite.

    What does "KWIJYBO" stand for?

  8. #8
    Social Worker
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Nomadic
    Posts
    2,798
    In an early episode, they're playing scrabble and Bart tries to play it as a word. Pretty hardcore choice for a personalized license plate.

  9. #9
    Social Worker
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Celebration, FL
    Posts
    3,603

    Re: ...and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gladguy
    Quote Originally Posted by mystery
    ...says the man with the "KWIJYBO" license plate.
    Ok, I'll bite.

    What does "KWIJYBO" stand for?
    7 letters. By Bart's definition: "A big dumb balding North American ape. With no chin.". Marge's correlary: "And a short temper."

    It's not only a reference to the show, it identifies the driver of the car.

  10. #10
    Mad Chester
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    1,468
    I thought this thread was about Quarter to Three distributing a newsletter. :(

  11. #11
    Social Worker
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Canada, eh?
    Posts
    4,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    In an early episode, they're playing scrabble and Bart tries to play it as a word. Pretty hardcore choice for a personalized license plate.
    According to SNPP, it's KWYJIBO.

  12. #12
    How To Go
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL Gamertag/PSN: Jazar
    Posts
    10,715
    Damn he just personalized his plate with random letters.

  13. #13
    Social Worker
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Celebration, FL
    Posts
    3,603
    Quote Originally Posted by Timemaster Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    In an early episode, they're playing scrabble and Bart tries to play it as a word. Pretty hardcore choice for a personalized license plate.
    According to SNPP, it's KWYJIBO.
    Yes, I'm a horrible typist. Luckily, I didn't make the same mistake with the state of of Wisconsin.

  14. #14
    Social Worker
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Canada, eh?
    Posts
    4,280
    Quote Originally Posted by mystery
    Quote Originally Posted by Timemaster Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    In an early episode, they're playing scrabble and Bart tries to play it as a word. Pretty hardcore choice for a personalized license plate.
    According to SNPP, it's KWYJIBO.
    Yes, I'm a horrible typist. Luckily, I didn't make the same mistake with the state of of Wisconsin.
    Well, if you had, then it certainly would be deserving of a D'oh!

  15. #15
    Social Worker
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Farmington, CT ps3:russellmz
    Posts
    4,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Timemaster Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by mystery
    Quote Originally Posted by Timemaster Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    In an early episode, they're playing scrabble and Bart tries to play it as a word. Pretty hardcore choice for a personalized license plate.
    According to SNPP, it's KWYJIBO.
    Yes, I'm a horrible typist. Luckily, I didn't make the same mistake with the state of of Wisconsin.
    Well, if you had, then it certainly would be deserving of a D'oh!
    i think both are perfectly cromulent.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •