PDA

View Full Version : Bargain Thread 2013

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Courteous D
11-14-2013, 01:19 PM
I know, right? The prospect of watching bargain timers count down would usually get a "OK, you do that, and I'll just go see how the paint is drying" from me, but this was a nice combination of interesting things in rolling over at a (usually) good pace.

Some of the ancillary stuff was funny, too, like seeing poor Jack Keane 2 sit there like a slow-melting icicle for several hours, with platoons of people adding glowing, tongue in cheek reviews in a joking attempt turn the heat up. I actually felt kinda bad for Jack Keane 2.

Vesper
11-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Anyone interested in a Payday 4 pack?

KaoFloppy
11-14-2013, 01:39 PM
Rise of the Triad is the next Jack Keane 2.

KiloOhm
11-14-2013, 02:00 PM
I see something like Geneforge and I think $3? Why not? I may never play it but it will look good on my virtual GOG game shelf.

I bought that on sale and said the same thing, then I tried it. I'm about 20 hours in. :) Really great game if you don't mind some old-school RPG.

Slainte Mhath
11-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Geneforge is a lot of fun if you're old enough to have played "old school" isometric view RPGs back in the day (or just have an appreciation for such). I picked the entire series up in a bundle deal last year and have been slowly playing my way through the last several months during the occasional lunch at my desk at work. The story is fairly unique and interesting, the character development is good, and the pace and combat are both quick enough that you never feel bogged down. The graphics are absolutely old school, but I don't mind because the rest of the game is so well done.

For $3 I would heartily recommend the Geneforge Saga to anyone who enjoys RPGs.

krushnine
11-14-2013, 04:08 PM
Jack Keane 2 is back on gog.com. Only 20 copies left. Buy now or cry later.

Mark Asher
11-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Buy now AND cry later.

Giaddon
11-14-2013, 04:12 PM
Where were you? Where were you when Jack Keane ruled GOG in 2013?

Mark Asher
11-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Jack we hardly knew ye. Long live the new king, Lords of Midnight!

Abiding Dude
11-14-2013, 05:45 PM
I really hope the GOG promotion doesn't become a common marketing tool. Because those of us who work most of the day and have to sleep at night have a bunch of disposable income. And this promotion just seems like an insult. However, it is quite addictive.

Crater
11-14-2013, 06:19 PM
Go home, Eador, you're drunk.

I swear that thing keeps popping up every time I check the page.

charmtrap
11-14-2013, 06:23 PM
I think this is the last time through. Everything is marked "Last Chance" now.

KaoFloppy
11-14-2013, 09:54 PM
GOG: The book of unwritten tale should last through the night, or at least 4am EDT.

krushnine
11-14-2013, 10:13 PM
GOG: The book of unwritten tale should last through the night, or at least 4am EDT.
More like The Book of Unpurchased Tales...

Gorath
11-15-2013, 04:56 AM
More like The Book of Unpurchased Tales...

Simply not an attractive offer. A 4 year old adventure game, even though a very good one according to the reviews, should cost closer to 2$ in such a sale.

red guy
11-15-2013, 05:32 AM
That Book was a thundering success, compared to its successor, Thunderscape. It took four hours for 400 copies to fly off the shelves.
Next up: Divinity: Dragon Commander for $22.50. This isn't moving as it's way above the impulse buying threshold that's needed to keep people involved who've already spent two days spending $1.50 here, $2.50 there.

It's the last day of the sales bonanza, all right. All that's left are a few huge baskets with the stuff that didn't sell when there were better sales around, and a lot of shoppers pawing through those baskets, trying to find that last bit of excellence hidden under 400 copies of Thunderscape.

Wo1verine
11-15-2013, 06:31 AM
Unfortunately, this GOG sale is having the opposite effect on me. Since I can't keep up during most of it, I just feel vaguely bitter.

Me too. Tried a few times to buy but it just goes so fast. Quickly gave up and stopped watching.

Jag
11-15-2013, 07:04 AM
http://i4.minus.com/iWm6scMJfzjcR.png

GeeWhiz
11-15-2013, 07:26 AM
Can you save your Credit Card info on GOG , I forget? Would that make it easier?

rezaf
11-15-2013, 07:28 AM
Me too. Tried a few times to buy but it just goes so fast. Quickly gave up and stopped watching.

Yep, this sale has generated more hatred than goodwill from me.

It had too many downsides, like finally having some time to spare to keep it open and being faced with a slow-mover that just kept ticking down SLOOOWLY for hours, or finally seeing one of the free offerings and always encountering either system overload or an "offer has expired" message.
Maybe with some considerable tweaking, this type of sale could work, but as it stands, it's way worse than Amazon's lightning deals, which at least have the excuse of moving physical goods - but even then I found them "friendlier" than GOGs system which, by various means, told me "F*ck you!" paired with that laughting trollface meme several times. You know what, GOG? F*ck you too!
_____
rezaf

Mark Asher
11-15-2013, 08:04 AM
I've found it entertaining, but I don't have a wishlist of games I want from GOG since I've already bought most of those from previous sales. And I also know that if I miss something (other than a free game) it will eventually be on sale again.

I also have so many unplayed games now it's absurd every time I buy another.

WarpRattler
11-15-2013, 08:27 AM
Starting today and running until December 1st, Iron Brigade (360) is free for anyone with an Xbox LIVE Gold subscription.

Granath
11-15-2013, 09:51 AM
I know nothing pleases everyone but it is hard to understand why this sale has actually created "hatred" or has made anyone "bitter". It is no different than a Woot-Off, which were great fun in the day. I understand why everyone can not easily participate but that is no different than being on a cruise ship when Steam decides to have their summer sale. I have found it entertaining and have snagged a couple of deals. Great! I missed out on the Geneforge sale. Big deal.

Nightgaunt
11-15-2013, 10:09 AM
I hate to basically as the same question twice, but does anyone know if the "last chance" for Expeditions: Conquistador has come and gone?

Giaddon
11-15-2013, 10:15 AM
Get it here: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Nightgaunt
11-15-2013, 10:22 AM
Get it here: https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

But it's a dollar moooooooore!

It's dumb, but I just don't want all those other games (I already have the old JA games), so I have been avoiding that option for now...

Slainte Mhath
11-15-2013, 10:29 AM
I don't think anyone at GOG.com suspected the sale would be anywhere near as successful as it was. Remember, they originally were going to sell 101 different games (and give very limited quantities of some of the away for free) over the course of what they expected to be 24 hours or more. I expect that they were blown away when the gaming public ate through those 101 offers (plus freebies) in under 6 hours. This isn't GOG laughing and saying "Fuck you!" to anyone, it's GOG trying something new and kind of cool, and being totally unprepared for the reception it got. To their credit, they repaeated nearly every deal, some more than twice, so that people who missed out on the original listings could have a shot at some deals. And yes, the freebies were ridiculously difficult to score (though again in their defense I did manage to nab Defender's Quest free and I am not a bot nor a hacker), but that is the nature of premium freebies.

Honestly, I thought the whole thing was pretty awesome. I really liked that many of the featured items were classics like Ultima 7, Wing Commander IV and the MOO games. It's completely awesome that I saw 1000 copies of Planescape : Torment sell out in less than 3 minutes. I also think it's a huge win for developers. Larian has to be delighted to have seen nearly 1000 copies of Divinity Dragon Commander sell for $22 each throughout the sale.

I would defintely support this kind of sale on GOG again in the future, especially if they take what they've learned from the experience and use it to make the next sale a better experience for everyone.

Slainte Mhath
11-15-2013, 10:30 AM
But it's a dollar moooooooore!

It's dumb, but I just don't want all those other games (I already have the old JA games), so I have been avoiding that option for now...

If you don't already own it, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD is worth that extra $1.

Giaddon
11-15-2013, 11:05 AM
New set of Humble Store deals (https://www.humblebundle.com/store), some good stuff, including Blacklist for $30, FTL for $3.40, plenty more.

Mysterio
11-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Starting today and running until December 1st, Iron Brigade (360) is free for anyone with an Xbox LIVE Gold subscription.

It actually starts tomorrow (Saturday).

WarpRattler
11-15-2013, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I figured something might have been up, since I was hearing reports that the Games for Gold link on the dashboard had updated but that IB was still showing at full price.

tylertoo
11-15-2013, 05:07 PM
Don't Starve is back on GOG. $5, ~150 copies left.

And its back one last time @$5. 700+ copies left as I write this. I don't have it. Should I? I've already spent $17 in this sale. No, I mustn't. Is mustn't a word?

Decisions, decisions....

malkav11
11-15-2013, 05:32 PM
I know nothing pleases everyone but it is hard to understand why this sale has actually created "hatred" or has made anyone "bitter". It is no different than a Woot-Off, which were great fun in the day. I understand why everyone can not easily participate but that is no different than being on a cruise ship when Steam decides to have their summer sale. I have found it entertaining and have snagged a couple of deals. Great! I missed out on the Geneforge sale. Big deal.

Well, except Woot-Offs have an actual limited quantity of items.

Pogue Mahone
11-15-2013, 06:57 PM
Plus it's the internet. Fucking everything makes somebody angry or bitter.

Gus_Smedstad
11-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Plus it's the internet. Fucking everything makes somebody angry or bitter.
This post made me angry and bitter. I'm not sure why.

MrPinguin
11-15-2013, 10:31 PM
So I'm thinking about buying both the Humble Bundle (https://www.humblebundle.com/)and the Humble Weekly (https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly) sale, but neither of them have games that are really on my wishlists... And, if they were discussed in this thread, I must've missed it amidst all of the GoG-sale hullabaloo.

Does anyone want to talk me into, or out of, either sale?

For the HB:
I already own the Fear games (not sure if I'll ever play them. I like FPS but I don't like creepy ghost children).
I'm under the vague impression that everyone on Qt3 loves the Batman: Arkham games (true?) and, though I don't play a lot of action games, I did buy an Xbox 360 controller this year so I'm on the lookout for button-mashing items for my backlog. (Plus I like a good cinematic story; I quite enjoyed my quick romp through the WH40k Space Marine game).
I'm also a big LotR fan, so even though the MOBA is supposed to be crap and I doubt I'd find the time for the MMO, I'm tempted by the War in the North RPG (can I play it local co-op with the 360 controllers?)

For the Weekly sale:
I was tempted by the WWII game, Air Conflict: Pacific Carriers, but the only reviews available describe bugs and bad stuff... :(
The Jagged Alliance games are vaguely tempting (I love tactical TB combat in games like Fallout), but I don't know the series that well...
I've never heard of this Expeditions: Conquistador game... Is it like a historically-based version of Heroes of Might and Magic?

PS: Apologies, but I wanted to experiment with excessively varied formatting. Please don't be angry.

malkav11
11-15-2013, 10:43 PM
The original Jagged Alliance games are among the very finest turn-based tactical combat games ever made. The new one included has been more lukewarmly received but a fair number of people still seem to like it. It's real time with pause, though, not turn-based. Expeditions: Conquistador is more like a historically-based version of King's Bounty (you don't control settlements or multiple heroes), where all your troops are individual people with backstories, personalities, and unique events and decisions tied to them. It's pretty cool.

Alan Friesen
11-15-2013, 10:43 PM
I've never heard of this Expeditions: Conquistador game... Is it like a historically-based version of Heroes of Might and Magic?

It's *excellent*. Originally a kickstarted game, it's a mashup of HoM&M and tactical, turn-based battles a la X-Com or Jagged Alliance. Plus the RPG elements: characters level up, you assign equipment, etc. Very, very good.

Pod
11-16-2013, 02:37 AM
The Jagged Alliance games are vaguely tempting (I love tactical TB combat in games like Fallout), but I don't know the series that well...

Jagged Alliance 2 is one of the best games in existence. It's even better with fan patches that add a myriad of gun-bags and variety of weapons to make it into a loadout-fetishers dream. I was going to reply to this (http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?73985-Is-Final-Fantasy-Tactics-the-best-game-ever-made&p=3479949#post3479949) thread with something along the lines of "No, how can anyone be so demented as to compare 'tactical' games and not include JA2 as the best?!!??!", but he was clearly on about JRPG-Tactical games, so I'll let him off.

edit: Just checked out the bundle. Be warned that my praise does not extend to the new Jagged Alliance games. They kind of suck. Infact, I find it amusing that they've put the shitty new ones as the BTA, but the old, original, still-worth-$30 games as the "pay $0.01 to get" ones.

Equisilus
11-16-2013, 05:09 AM
Thanks for the tips on the Humble Weekly. I wasn't sure about wanting/needing even more games to add to my backlog, but I do love turn-based gameplay and it's hard to pass up the price.

robc04
11-16-2013, 06:42 AM

My first impressions for the game were pretty good, but my the time I finished the introduction campaign I'd had enough. I had no desire to go through another campaign. Steam has me clocked in at 16 hours, but there are times I tend to leave games paused. My guess is that I played 10-12 hours. You get assigned missions (quests) and have to go out into the countryside (for most of them) to find the locations, picking up some resource drops along the way. There is some simple crafting from the raw materials you find. The battles are hex based like HOMM, but there is much less of a variety in the enemies that you fight, and less variety between units from what I remember. It wasn't a bad game, but it just didndidn't have legs for me.

MrPinguin
11-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Thanks for the comments everybody. It sounds like I should get the Humble Weekly sale for JA2 alone. I'll look up a video review or something to help me decide if I want to bother with Expeditions: Conquistador.

Are there no votes on the Batman games, LotR War in the North, or Air Conflict: Pacific Carriers? I'm helpless and incapable of making decisions without the quorum of QT3. :)

Tim James
11-16-2013, 11:07 AM
Batman is very good but it isn't about button mashing.

Giaddon
11-16-2013, 11:21 AM
Batman rules, War in the North is terrible.

rezaf
11-16-2013, 11:21 AM
For what it's worth, I never got warm with the fighting in the Batman games, so a central pillar of the game was kinda lost for me ... but I greatly enjoyed both Batman games (I haven't played the third yet nor is it part of the bundle) nonetheless.
_____
rezaf

Tom McNamara
11-16-2013, 11:22 AM
You can button mash your way through some of the basic street fights, but the story-based encounters will require situational awareness (who has a gun, who has a knife, who is about to throw something at you), timing counter-attacks, altering tactics for different enemy types (some have armor, or shields, or stun batons), but it's not as difficult as a Devil May Cry-type game. There are no combos to memorize, for the most part. But there are boss fights, and the ones in Asylum especially will need you to be light on your toes and observant for openings.

I think both the Arkham games are an absolute steal at this price. I would happily buy the bundle for those games alone. The original F.E.A.R. has held up fairly well for its age. LOTRO is worth a look if you want an alternative to WoW or are interested in trying out an MMO. The others I don't have much experience with.

Slainte Mhath
11-16-2013, 11:34 AM
Are there no votes on the Batman games, LotR War in the North, or Air Conflict: Pacific Carriers? I'm helpless and incapable of making decisions without the quorum of QT3. :)

Are you a fan of Lord of the Rings books/movies? If so, War in the North is worth spending $1 on. It has a lot of issues, namely it's a mediocre action RPG with a crappy UI, but the lore is there and there is a lot of scripted content that is interesting if you're already a fan of the books/movies. It also becomes a much better game when played co-op with a couple of friends. As for paying $6 to beat the average, Scribblenauts is a really cool concept worth checking out, and if you have kids they will be fascinated with it. The additional LOTR-themed content in the Beat-The-Average content is a decent deal for anyone who plays LOTRO or Guardians of Middle Earth. Both online games are free, but the premium content awarded by the Guardians DLC nets you new ways to make in-game cash faster, and the Starter Pack for LOTRO will give you 500 Turbine Points and a regional quest pack that would otherwise cost money in the game. It also grants you 30 days of premium subscription time if you are an all new account to LOTRO, which comes with a host of benefits that stick around even if you flip back to F2P after the 30 days.

I suppose what I am saying is that there is enough content in both the WB bundle and the Weekly (Galaxy on Fire 2 HD is easily worth $1, and Expeditions : Conquistador another $5) that they are well worth dropping the BTA cash on.

MrPinguin
11-16-2013, 12:06 PM
Woohoo! Thanks, I'm happy to be talked into both deals.

As a sidenote: I debated whether I should write "button mashing". I didn't want to be derisive (and I'm certainly open to the games requiring some tactical awareness), but I'm also not enough of an action game aficionado that I'd want to invest the time to become really skilled. For action games, I'm sad to say that I'm in the 'dumbed down' target demographic: I'd rather just (quickly) learn some neat mechanics, travel through some neat environments with some neat enemies and finish the story so I can uninstall and move on. I barely play such games anymore so I don't know what the difficulty curves are like, but I've long since moved on from the days when I'd happily replay the first few levels of Double Dragon or Battletoads over and over.

Anyway, these games plus Darksiders should give my backlog plenty of Steam Big Picture goodness. I was doing so well at decreasing my backlog, but these Humble deals are coming fast and furious and they force me to buy in more than the Steam seasonal sales. (Steam's problem now is that I know that the same games will continue to go on super-uber sale every 3-9 months, so I don't feel pressured to buy when I already have a backlog that is 6-24 months deep in most genres).

Tim James
11-16-2013, 01:04 PM
As a sidenote: I debated whether I should write "button mashing". I didn't want to be derisive (and I'm certainly open to the games requiring some tactical awareness), but I'm also not enough of an action game aficionado that I'd want to invest the time to become really skilled.It's not derisive. It's a valid way to describe a type of beat-em-up game that does not describe Batman.

For action games, I'm sad to say that I'm in the 'dumbed down' target demographic: I'd rather just (quickly) learn some neat mechanics, travel through some neat environments with some neat enemies and finish the story so I can uninstall and move on. I barely play such games anymore so I don't know what the difficulty curves are like, but I've long since moved on from the days when I'd happily replay the first few levels of Double Dragon or Battletoads over and over.This would be fine except for maybe the aforementioned boss fights. Maybe jump straight into Arkham City.

Giaddon
11-16-2013, 01:10 PM
You can also play the games on easy if you want a frictionless experience.

ioticus
11-16-2013, 03:45 PM
First person to ask me gets a free copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY.

Bernie_Dy
11-17-2013, 05:22 AM
Are there no votes on ... Air Conflict: Pacific Carriers? I'm helpless and incapable of making decisions without the quorum of QT3. :)

Actually I had some of the same questions you did so thank you for asking. I can chime in on Pacific Carriers. It's bad. It has some nice things. The graphics are good. The game system tries to do interesting things like have you manage a squadron of pilots that gain experience. But I found it hard to tell whether any of that management was making a difference. I also encountered late game bugs that prevented me from finishing it. So ultimately it just turned into a pile of arcade missions of dogfighting and anti ship strikes. For what you'll pay for it in the Humble Bundle, that's maybe ok. At regular price not so much. But I actually had fun on some of those anti ship strikes where the game would have a sky full of planes and a sea full of fleets and smoking ships. I could pretend it was visually a bit like what a new version of Pacific Air War would have looked like.

Pod
11-17-2013, 05:44 AM
I just bought Emergency 2014 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/260930/) on steam for 5.49, which it claims is 78% of 24.99. I don't know if everyone will see this, though, as I notice:

Buy Emergency 2014
SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends 22 November

So I guess that's what this is? (Though it looks like Emergency 2013 is no longer available for purchase).

legowarrior
11-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Anyone know where and how often Bioware Points might go on sale? I usually check Techbargains, and occasionally amazon. I know it doesn't go on sale often, but I'd like to know where to look.

Equisilus
11-17-2013, 11:12 AM
I just bought Emergency 2014 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/260930/) on steam for 5.49, which it claims is 78% of 24.99. I don't know if everyone will see this, though, as I notice:

Buy Emergency 2014
SPECIAL PROMOTION! Offer ends 22 November

So I guess that's what this is? (Though it looks like Emergency 2013 is no longer available for purchase).

In the NA store, it shows up as -10% ($26.99), with the same note about the offer ending 22 November. Glitch or just different stores?

malkav11
11-17-2013, 11:43 AM
It also supposedly discounts things substantially if you already owned Emergency 2013 on Steam (since it includes all previous Emergency games' content, apparently). Maybe that's the difference?

malkav11
11-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Anyone know where and how often Bioware Points might go on sale? I usually check Techbargains, and occasionally amazon. I know it doesn't go on sale often, but I'd like to know where to look.

Never, and nowhere.

legowarrior
11-17-2013, 01:14 PM
I've seen them go on sale before, so that isn't the case. I saw a sale once on Amazon, but I was hoping that there would be other places to check out.

copet
11-17-2013, 03:41 PM
First person to ask me gets a free copy of Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY.

Do you still have it? :) I have never played any of the Batman games.

ioticus
11-17-2013, 11:14 PM
Do you still have it? :) I have never played any of the Batman games.

I sent you a PM with the link.

copet
11-18-2013, 05:57 AM
I sent you a PM with the link.

Big thanks to ioticus for Batman! I heard it has very satisfying combat and I'm looking forward to it :D

KaoFloppy
11-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Steam yesterday: Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (http://store.steampowered.com/app/237110/) $14.99 -50%. You have 24 hours left. QT3 Thread of console release
Steam today: The Ball (http://store.steampowered.com/app/35460/) $1.49 -85%. (This is, like, GOG prices!)
Steam this week:
$1.99 -80% STORM: Frontline Nation (http://store.steampowered.com/app/98510/) A TBS with hexes! QT3 Thread exists!
$7.49 -75% Deep Black: Reloaded (http://store.steampowered.com/app/204760/) Beware, this is an "Action" genre game.
$2.49 -75% Razor2: Hidden Skies (http://store.steampowered.com/app/34920/)
$4.99 -75% Star Wolves 3: Civil War (http://store.steampowered.com/app/46260/) QT3 Thread
$1.24 -75% Aura: Fate of the Ages (http://store.steampowered.com/app/65500/)
$2.49 -75% Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers (http://store.steampowered.com/app/4530/) old QT3 Thread
$3.74 -75% World of Zoo (http://store.steampowered.com/app/43100/) (price is joking, right?)
$2.49 -75% Post Apocalyptic Mayham (PAM) (http://store.steampowered.com/app/91900/)
$3.75 -75% Jade Empire Special Edition (http://store.steampowered.com/app/7110/) QT3 Thread Is it worthwhile?
$5.09 -66% Prime World: Defenders (http://store.steampowered.com/app/235360/)
$4.99 -50% Hexodius (http://store.steampowered.com/app/236490/)
$4.99 -75% You Don't Know Jack (http://store.steampowered.com/app/99200/)

robc04
11-18-2013, 11:10 AM
This is an unusual response. I actually felt happy when I didn't see anything on sale that interested me!

Brian Rubin
11-18-2013, 11:14 AM
I've never played the Full Spectrum Warrior games but I hear they're pretty good.

corkeh
11-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Attention Australians, a bunch of $10 games:
http://www.thegoodguys.com.au/buyonline/content/Promo_46

Profanicus
11-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Attention Australians, a bunch of $10 games:
http://www.thegoodguys.com.au/buyonline/content/Promo_46

Nice, picked up a couple of dirt cheap Vita games.

krayzkrok
11-18-2013, 06:00 PM
I've tried three times now to load that $10 Aussie games page, fails each time. Either the entire country is falling over itself over the notion of actual cheap games here, or the government is blocking it until it finds a way of taxing it.

Profanicus
11-18-2013, 06:21 PM
I've tried three times now to load that $10 Aussie games page, fails each time. Either the entire country is falling over itself over the notion of actual cheap games here, or the government is blocking it until it finds a way of taxing it.

It was slow for me this morning but it got there. And the games have shipped already! :D

edit: And they only charged $2 for postage!

robc04
11-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Someone was sad they missed Expeditions Conquistador. It's back on sale for $5 on GOG (http://www.gog.com/).

Thraeg
11-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Someone was sad they missed Expeditions Conquistador. It's back on sale for $5 on GOG (http://www.gog.com/).

Or still in the Humble Weekly for $6 (https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly)with a bunch of other games.

Gorath
11-18-2013, 08:36 PM
The difference is the publisher. On GOG the dev (-> self-publishing) gets dollars, in the Humble Bundle probably only cents.

Nightgaunt
11-18-2013, 09:07 PM
Yeah, I ended up going with the Humble Bundle version. I didn't imagine the sale would be going on this much longer, or that E:C would come up again. Paid an extra dollar, had problems with payment processing and got double-billed, and had to deal with the weird Steam account check. I like Humble Bundle a lot, but I wish I'd waited.

corkeh
11-18-2013, 10:57 PM
Steam coupons!
http://hugeseal.com/

rhinohelix
11-18-2013, 11:53 PM
Steam coupons!
http://hugeseal.com/

"Hey guys, look at this! Great Steam coupons! Just sign in through this unassociated site with your Steam info!"

"Come on, Charlie, it's Candyland!!"

How about no?

ledShok
11-19-2013, 12:22 AM
"Hey guys, look at this! Great Steam coupons! Just sign in through this unassociated site with your Steam info!"

"Come on, Charlie, it's Candyland!!"

How about no?

I'm guessing it's just using Steam as an openID provider - the Humble Bundle site does the same thing.

Reemul
11-19-2013, 01:19 AM
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11/19/fleee-in-terror-from-the-huge-seal-steam-sale/

Its valid, maybe an apology from rhino......

Locker K
11-19-2013, 01:33 AM
I'm guessing it's just using Steam as an openID provider - the Humble Bundle site does the same thing.

Correct. This seems to come up every time a third party uses Steam for authorization.

Giaddon
11-19-2013, 07:04 AM
It's just for a bunch of indie games I already have :(

krayzkrok
11-19-2013, 07:45 AM
I'm the opposite, it's for a bunch of indie games that are in my wishlist. My wallet has hidden itself behind the sofa.

Giaddon
11-19-2013, 08:27 AM
Sweet Borderlands 2 deals on GMG. (http://www.greenmangaming.com/borderlands-2/)

TurinTur
11-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Arma 2 complete Collection with 80% off (6 in total) Steam Version.
https://store.bistudio.com/arma2-complete-collection-steam-version

Includes

Arma 2
Operation Arrowhead
British Armed Forces
Private Military Company
Army of the Czech Republic

I'm tempted to buy it because install everything is a pain in the ass (I have some in dvd, other stuff in digital stores, then update everything by hand)

Pod
11-19-2013, 09:45 AM
New "bundle stars" bundle. http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/outer-limits-bundle/

Currently at 2.98 for a bunch for a bunch of Steam games I've literally never heard of. (except possibly puzzle kingdoms, assuming it's puzzle quest?). I don't usually like racing games, but Insane looks fun. "Warfare" (http://store.steampowered.com/app/35300/) looks terrible, but claims to be 15 on Steam.

I'm not sure if it's worth 3.

edit: Whoa. There's another bundle (http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/majestic-indie-bundle/) for 3 with Rune (great game -- loved it at release time, and I think I played a Linux version aswell?), the ever-loved Mount and Blade, but more importantly: A GAME ABOUT BEING A BADGER.

I've been waiting a long time for a sequel to Wolf (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_%28video_game%29) and Lion. Could this be it?! I'll find out! I spent more on the pub quiz yesterday.

By posting these bundles, I can't help but feel like I'm somehow contributing to an 80s style games crash. I imagine I'd feel worse if I paid 3 for that first bundle, though.

Papageno
11-19-2013, 10:01 AM
Sweet Borderlands 2 deals on GMG. (http://www.greenmangaming.com/borderlands-2/)

Jeez, does that game have enough DLC, you think? I can't keep it all straight.

rhinohelix
11-19-2013, 10:43 AM
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/11/19/fleee-in-terror-from-the-huge-seal-steam-sale/

Its valid, maybe an apology from rhino......

I'm sorry that Huge Seal is a real thing to whom I would never provide my Steam info for coupons?

I didn't say I thought they were a front for al-Qaeda or connected to Central American drug gangs. "Log in with Steam" when you aren't Valve is a sure browser-closer for me, though.

KaoFloppy
11-19-2013, 10:53 AM
Steam today: Stronghold 3 Gold (http://store.steampowered.com/app/47400/) $7.49 -75%. QT3 thread
Steam midweek 1: Rise of Venice (http://store.steampowered.com/app/227020/) $26.79 -33%. Never heard of this.
Steam midweek 2: Worm franchise (http://store.steampowered.com/sale/wormsanniversarysale).
Worms clan wars (http://store.steampowered.com/app/233840/?snr=1_614_615_wormsanniversarysale_616) $12.49 -50%.
Worms everything else (http://store.steampowered.com/sub/26511/?snr=1_614_615_wormsanniversarysale_616_1) $22.49 75%. Also available individually.

Gendal
11-19-2013, 10:56 AM
I'm sorry that Huge Seal is a real thing to whom I would never provide my Steam info for coupons?

I didn't say I thought they were a front for al-Qaeda or connected to Central American drug gangs. "Log in with Steam" when you aren't Valve is a sure browser-closer for me, though.
You aren't providing them with your credentials, you are providing them with an API token they use to retrieve specific, valve sanctioned data. Notice when you click Login it takes you to Valve's site, where you login, then it passes back the token to the original site.

Now that token may enable them to all kinds of untrustworthy things, I don't know, but it is something Valve controls.

thither
11-19-2013, 10:57 AM
"Log in with Steam" when you aren't Valve is a sure browser-closer for me, though.

It uses OpenID (http://openidexplained.com/). The huge seal site doesn't actually ever get your credentials. If you notice when you click through from the huge deal site you wind up entering your password on steamcommunity.com. It's similar to logging into a site via facebook or gmail or twitter. There is still some cause to be concerned about security with third-party login mechanism, but it's not like Huge Seal can steal your credit card or whatnot.

Valambrian
11-19-2013, 12:41 PM
New "bundle stars" bundle. http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/outer-limits-bundle/

(except possibly puzzle kingdoms, assuming it's puzzle quest?).

It's a sequel of sorts to Puzzle Quest.

Tciecka
11-20-2013, 03:04 AM

Thanks for the notice on the sale!
GMG is a great place to buy DLC using your 'Trade-in' Credit :D

Your Order

Borderlands 2: Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2
PC Download | This is a Steam game more info
Key: STEAM KEY WAS HERE!
Credit used
− $1.14
Total paid $0.85

intruder
11-20-2013, 03:07 AM
You can also use GMG20-ODON7-FLUA7 for -20% on the Borderlands 2 DLC.

Giaddon
11-20-2013, 08:05 AM
Bargains!

Everything Dead Island(including Riptide) on Amazon or $12.50 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GJ1XDJY?pf_rd_p=1669283062&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=7266959011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1YAANPK3NZ7MRKT7TPEN)

Trials Evolution Gold for $10 on GamersGate (http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-TEGE/trials-evolution-gold-edition).

Otagan
11-20-2013, 08:07 AM
Everything Dead Rising (including Riptide) on Amazon or $12.50 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GJ1XDJY?pf_rd_p=1669283062&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-3&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=7266959011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1YAANPK3NZ7MRKT7TPEN)

Dead Island, that is. Those generic names do all tend to blur together after a while, to be fair.

Vesper
11-20-2013, 08:20 AM
Not a pure bargain per se, but there's quite a few people selling NVidia voucher codes on eBay. There's 2 current ones available. One for Batman Arkham Origins, and one for Asssassin's Creed 4 & Splinter Cell Blacklist. I was able to score both vouchers (3 games) for $50. Batman redeems on Steam, the other 2 redeem on UPlay.

Giaddon
11-20-2013, 08:45 AM
Dead Island, that is. Those generic names do all tend to blur together after a while, to be fair.

Whoops! Fixed.

Gigglemoo
11-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Audiosurf is 1$ today on HumbleBundle's store.

There isn't much to the game, but it's great for winding down after a stressful day. I think I've gotten ~150 hours of fun out of it.

KaoFloppy
11-20-2013, 03:59 PM
Skillgirls is $10 at the Humble Store today, too. I'll go pick it up later today.

Steam today: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Complete Pack (http://store.steampowered.com/sub/34522/) $9.99 -50%. Includes game and 3 DLC. Base game is $7.49 -50%, but the DLCs are not on sale.

krushnine
11-20-2013, 05:08 PM
Audiosurf is 1$ today on HumbleBundle's store.
Hm, very tempting, but I think I may wait and get Audiosurf 2 someday instead.

Papageno
11-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Hm, very tempting, but I think I may wait and get Audiosurf 2 someday instead.

You may want to read a couple of reviews. From what I've read, AudioSurf 1 is the better game.

Brad Grenz
11-21-2013, 12:37 AM
Amazon is gearing up for their black friday sale in the digital download store: Countdown to Black Friday (http://www.amazon.com/b/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&node=7266959011&pf_rd_i=979455011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=1659359202&pf_rd_r=1JEWNXAC52RS0PHF05XF&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-leftnav&pf_rd_t=101&tag=gamerblacom-20). Right now the deals include a bunch of 2K/Rockstar bundles

Bioshock Triple Pack - $14.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DOD0TZG/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00DOD0TZG&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20)
Borderlands GotY & Borderlands 2 - $11.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CPBZDQ8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00CPBZDQ8&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20)
Civilzation V Gold & Brave New World - $19.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ELJROFA/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00ELJROFA&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20)
Max Payne 3 + Season Pass - $6.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A9XQ83Q/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00A9XQ83Q&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20)
Bully, Manhunt 1 & 2 and Midnight Club 2 - $7.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJ1X4TS/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00GJ1X4TS&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20)

All those unlock on Steam.

There is also an Indie game on sale called Dusty Revenge for $6.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DROS8H8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00DROS8H8&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20). It's DRM free.

(Prices still updating. Will update if other deals get added)

EDIT: More stuff coming through!

FTL - $5.00 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CIBB0OY/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00CIBB0OY&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20) (Steam)
Walking Dead + 400 Days DLC - $7.49 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ELJRCDO/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00ELJRCDO&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20) (Steam)
The Sims 3 Starter Pack - $14.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CQOG8LI/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00CQOG8LI&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20) (Origin)
Mass Effect 3 - $6.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0064TYOLW/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0064TYOLW&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20) (Origin)
Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition - $14.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058KRA0K/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0058KRA0K&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20) (GFWL?)
Paradox Boat Bundle - $4.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GMPDCYS/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00GMPDCYS&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20) (Steam)

Leviathan: Warships
East India Company Collection
Naval War: Arctic Circle

Europa Universalis 4 - $19.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D6K41V0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00D6K41V0&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20) (Steam)
Game of Thrones - $9.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00806YCIC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00806YCIC&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20) (Steam)

ledShok
11-21-2013, 12:45 AM
Civ V Brave New World (http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/nz/en/pc/games/strategy/sid-meiers-civilization-v-brave-new-world/) - $8.16 on Greenmangaming with 20% off code GMG20-ODON7-FLUA7.

Alstein
11-21-2013, 01:11 AM
SSF4AE is GFWL.

USF4 isn't scheduled until April, but that isn't GFWL (might get delayed more on PC, though they've said same-day release for PC and console)

Is EU4 worth it at $20?

Pod
11-21-2013, 02:30 AM
SSF4AE is GFWL.

USF4 isn't scheduled until April, but that isn't GFWL (might get delayed more on PC, though they've said same-day release for PC and console)

Is EU4 worth it at $20?

For those that were bamboozled by this post, as I was:

SSF4AE = Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
USF4 = Ultra Street Fighter IV

(and hopefully you should all know EU4 (http://www.europauniversalis4.com/) ;))

Tony M
11-21-2013, 02:56 AM
This is why I love Qt3. Street Fighter needs to be explained, but EU4 is considered common knowledge.

Rock8man
11-21-2013, 03:08 AM
Amazon is gearing up for their black friday sale in the digital download store

Hey Brad remember earlier this year when Amazon gave us Bioshock Infinite at launch with a free copy of XCOM and a $30 credit towards a digital 2K game? Well, that $30 credit is set to expire in March, so I figure the holiday sales on the digital store will be the best time to use that $30 credit.

2K Games I'm very tempted by, that I don't have yet:

Borderlands 2 GOTY (currently $60)
XCOM Enemy Within (currently $30)
CiV: Brave New World (currently $30, I think?).

Anyway, I followed your Amazon links earlier in the year, so I'll be keeping an eye on them again in the next month or two to hopefully see a 2K bundle with all 3 of those things, ideally. :)

Giaddon
11-21-2013, 07:26 AM
Amazon has a monster list of current deals (http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_395480522_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1001880821&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-2&pf_rd_r=19MYZMTW9ARQ0X44YT48&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1670622822&pf_rd_i=7266959011).

tgb123
11-21-2013, 07:44 AM
Amazon has a monster list of current deals (http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_395480522_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1001880821&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-2&pf_rd_r=19MYZMTW9ARQ0X44YT48&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1670622822&pf_rd_i=7266959011).

Here's the full schedule through 12/2: http://slickdeals.net/f/6458990-starts-11-21-2013-amazon-pc-digital-download-sale-bioshock-triple-pack-15-x-com-collection-10-sleeping-dogs-5-battlefield-3-5-or-premium-edition-14-many-more

The big news for some will be Batman:Arkham Origins for $20 and Total War:Rome 2 for $40. Others may find the fact that they go on sale on Turkey Day appropriate.

JoshL
11-21-2013, 07:54 AM
BIOSHOCK INFINITE - $19.99
BioShock Triple Pack - $14.99

Interesting pricing choice there.

Giaddon
11-21-2013, 08:01 AM
Oooh, nice list.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West for $10 on 11/27!

Also, Injustice: Gods Among Us is $35 (30% off) on GetGamesGo (http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/injustice-gods-among-us-ultimate-edition-us).

Kadath
11-21-2013, 08:18 AM
Here's the full schedule through 12/2:

Thanks. I'll be snagging Rocksmith 2014 on the 29th unless it goes on a thanksgiving Steam sale earlier

intruder
11-21-2013, 08:43 AM
Oooh, nice list.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West for $10 on 11/27!

Oh thanks good find!
Just got "Mars: War Logs" as my cheap Mass Effect kinda fix for now.

Becoming
11-21-2013, 08:50 AM
Far Cry 3 Deluxe + Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon Bundle - 14.99 on 11/29? Yup, you finally got me past a rental there.

Alstein
11-21-2013, 09:38 AM
This is why I love Qt3. Street Fighter needs to be explained, but EU4 is considered common knowledge.

It's maddening for the rare folks who me who play both genres. I see huge similarities between them, but no one else seems to.

stusser
11-21-2013, 09:41 AM
The Walking Dead 400 days is $1.25, if you don't already have it.

charmtrap
11-21-2013, 09:50 AM
The Walking Dead 400 days is $1.25, if you don't already have it.

Great deal, got it.

That's a screwy method Amazon has for distributing Steam keys: download a 1 meg executable that downloads an HTML file that shows you your key. Seems like they could skip a couple of steps there...

stusser
11-21-2013, 09:56 AM
You can just "go to your digital library" and find the codes there without downloading anything.

ineffablebob
11-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Civ V Brave New World (http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/nz/en/pc/games/strategy/sid-meiers-civilization-v-brave-new-world/) - $8.16 on Greenmangaming with 20% off code GMG20-ODON7-FLUA7.
Ah, finally below the magic $10 threshold! Thanks led.

robc04
11-21-2013, 10:06 AM
Geez, I went through the entire list and there were only a couple things I'm interested in. I must have reached the saturation point.

11/29 Alpha Protocol 3.24
12/2 Saints Row IV $15

Aleck
11-21-2013, 10:54 AM
Hey Brad remember earlier this year when Amazon gave us Bioshock Infinite at launch with a free copy of XCOM and a $30 credit towards a digital 2K game? Well, that $30 credit is set to expire in March, so I figure the holiday sales on the digital store will be the best time to use that $30 credit.

2K Games I'm very tempted by, that I don't have yet:

Borderlands 2 GOTY (currently $60)
XCOM Enemy Within (currently $30)
CiV: Brave New World (currently $30, I think?).

Anyway, I followed your Amazon links earlier in the year, so I'll be keeping an eye on them again in the next month or two to hopefully see a 2K bundle with all 3 of those things, ideally. :)

Has anyone figured out how to use that credit? I was saving mine for XCOM Enemy Within, but can't for the life of me figure out how to apply it. When I follow the link to the credit (included in the email after ordering Bioshock 2), I just get to the generic "PC Games for Sale" page on Amazon's website, and adding XCOM: EW to my cart doesn't trigger a credit or anything.

WarpRattler
11-21-2013, 11:14 AM
New Humble Weekly is up. A bunch of Pinball FX2 (Steam) stuff.

$1+:
Core Pack
Classic Pack
Earth Defense
Paranormal
Epic Quest

$6+:
Marvel Pinball
Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles
Star Wars Pinball

Telefrog
11-21-2013, 11:21 AM
That's what I was waiting for.

flyinj
11-21-2013, 11:29 AM
New Humble Weekly is up. A bunch of Pinball FX2 (Steam) stuff.

$1+:
Core Pack
Classic Pack
Earth Defense
Paranormal
Epic Quest

$6+:
Marvel Pinball
Marvel Pinball: Avengers Chronicles
Star Wars Pinball

Excellent. Playing the bare minimum because I've bought all these tables on the 360, great to have them on PC now without having to completely pay for everything again.

fuzzyslug
11-21-2013, 11:39 AM
Excellent. Playing the bare minimum because I've bought all these tables on the 360, great to have them on PC now without having to completely pay for everything again.

That's exactly my plan. With my 360 being retired, it's time to switch platforms.

Brian Rubin
11-21-2013, 11:49 AM
Guys, GUYS!

http://www.gamersgate.com/driver

Driver: San Francisco...$5. Worth every penny. I got a copy for the PC even though I own it on the PS3. SUCH an amazing game.

Balasarius
11-21-2013, 12:05 PM
Ignore Brian, he's wrong.

Gus_Smedstad
11-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Wait, it's not Driver: Space, and Brian gushed over it?

stusser
11-21-2013, 12:19 PM
That's a hell of a deal on those pinball games.

Brian Rubin
11-21-2013, 12:25 PM
Ignore Brian, he's wrong.
Fuck you, I'm not. :P

Wait, it's not Driver: Space, and Brian gushed over it?
I love all types of games, especially great arcadey driving games. :)

lordkosc
11-21-2013, 12:27 PM
Got a email deal from Ubi:

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8159/iqoz.png

Was the new Splinter Cell that bad, that the price dropped so fast?

SALE LINK (http://shop.ubi.com/store?SiteID=ubina&Action=ContentTheme&pbPage=weekenddeal-CRM-303-other&ThemeID=29282800)

Joe M.
11-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Brian's not wrong and thanks for the heads up on the Pinball games. I feel a little bad paying the bare minimum but the Amazon sales are going to destroy my gaming budget for the next couple months. :(

And no, the new Splinter Cell is EXCELLENT. I don't know how well it sold, however.

stusser
11-21-2013, 12:35 PM
Dishonored + both DLCs for $13 is another amazing deal. If you haven't played it yet, it's my #2 game for 2012. The DLC is great, too.

Telefrog
11-21-2013, 12:40 PM
I've completely sworn off anyhting that requires the uPlay client. I haven't been able to play Trials Gold, Far Cry 3, or Blood Dragon since the middle of the year. (Note that I had been able to play them before.) Ubi tech support just gave up and stopped answering my emails, so fuck them and their shit games client.

corkeh
11-21-2013, 12:42 PM
New Humble Store deals too, including Europa Universalis 4 for $20 and Half-minute Hero for $2.50

lordkosc
11-21-2013, 12:47 PM
I've completely sworn off anyhting that requires the uPlay client. I haven't been able to play Trials Gold, Far Cry 3, or Blood Dragon since the middle of the year. (Note that I had been able to play them before.) Ubi tech support just gave up and stopped answering my emails, so fuck them and their shit games client.

The client is indeed shit, I haven't been able to use "online" mode in months (around the time my Blood Dragon save got corrupted). Now it just tells me network error every time I launch the client.

Which is why I haven't bought AC4 yet. :(

Joe M.
11-21-2013, 12:53 PM
Wow, what the heck. My PC must be blessed or something because I've never had problems with Uplay beyond having to create a BAT file to enter a cd key (yes, this is really dumb). I'll have to stop recommending Ubi titles if this sort of thing is so widespread.

Telefrog
11-21-2013, 01:01 PM
Which is why I haven't bought AC4 yet. :(

Yup. I can't even buy a Ubi game through Steam because it still forces you to use the uPlay client.

Fuckers.

BleedTheFreak
11-21-2013, 01:02 PM
I've played probably 3-5 Ubi titles this last 18 months or so (Heroes VI and expansion, Far Cry 3, stuff like that) and I haven't had any problems with the Ubi client. I don't have it installed unless I'm going to actually use it (unlike Steam, which is always there) but when I install, login, and download a game I've never had a problem, fwiw.

KaoFloppy
11-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Steam today: ARMA II (http://store.steampowered.com/app/33900/) $2.59 -80%.
Entire franchise on sale -80%. It's like free, but 20% more! QT3 ARMA II thread but maybe you want the ARMA III thread?

Steam weekend 1: Rage (http://store.steampowered.com/app/9200/) $4.99 -75%. QT3 thread Free to play this weekend.
Steam weekend 2: EU4 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/236850/) $19.99 -50%. Same price as amazon. QT3 thread

Profanicus
11-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Works for me, besides Anno 2070 always downloading the same patch every time I ran it in the past, and Ubi forcing an unchangeable nickname of SHOP3452323121234blah on me. But I still don't like it. :)

lordkosc
11-21-2013, 01:07 PM
Rage is worth a $5er , at least till you get to the last 10% of the game and its crap ending area/level/conclusion.

Maybe I'll re-download the Ubi store again tonight, Anno 2070 and Settlers 7 worked fine , it all went to crap due to Blood Dragon!!!!!

I really do want AC4, and don't want to PS3 rent it, after the horrible performance of AC3 on the PS3.

Anyways sorry for the derail, back to DEALS.

stusser
11-21-2013, 01:10 PM
Agreed on Rage. I wish more shooters had that boomerang thing.

Telefrog
11-21-2013, 01:11 PM
Rage is worth a $5er , at least till you get to the last 10% of the game and its crap ending area/level/conclusion..

It's free this weekend. Why pay at all?

DeepT
11-21-2013, 01:13 PM
Rage sucked. It has totally predictable game-play. There are no suprises, you see everything coming a mile away. While ID's tech has evolved since the days of Doom, their game design has not.

Giaddon
11-21-2013, 01:19 PM
Rage sucks, but since it's a free weekend you can actually just play the whole thing for free if you hate yourself.

lokiju
11-21-2013, 01:19 PM
I enjoyed Rage quite a bit (am I alone!?)! I really don't have a thing against linear games though...they tend to keep me focused (and give me the chance to actually finish a game from my backlog haha).

Joe M.
11-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Technically not a game but Marvin is free for a very limited time (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/marvin-ebook-reader-for-epub/id667361209?ls=1&mt=8). It's the only ebook reader I've liked since Stanza development was halted by Amazon.

scharmers
11-21-2013, 01:27 PM
For some reason I got Civ 5 BNW for free over at Amazon (-$14.99 promotion).

Something related to another long-forgotten purchase? X-COM maybe?

Rock8man
11-21-2013, 01:27 PM
Has anyone figured out how to use that credit? I was saving mine for XCOM Enemy Within, but can't for the life of me figure out how to apply it. When I follow the link to the credit (included in the email after ordering Bioshock 2), I just get to the generic "PC Games for Sale" page on Amazon's website, and adding XCOM: EW to my cart doesn't trigger a credit or anything.

Sadly I'm in the same boat. Amazon dismantled that 2K page pretty soon after Bioshock's release. So I figure we'll have to get the discount by going through Amazon Customer Service.

thither
11-21-2013, 01:30 PM
having to create a BAT file to enter a cd key

This is really dumb.

Giaddon
11-21-2013, 01:33 PM
You no longer need to do that.

None
11-21-2013, 02:01 PM
Got a email deal from Ubi:

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8159/iqoz.png

Was the new Splinter Cell that bad, that the price dropped so fast?

SALE LINK (http://shop.ubi.com/store?SiteID=ubina&Action=ContentTheme&pbPage=weekenddeal-CRM-303-other&ThemeID=29282800)

Are UPlay games able to be activated on Steam?

Giaddon
11-21-2013, 02:07 PM
Lol no. In fact, Uplay games you purchase on Steam will simply launch Uplay and operate through that when run!

Oh wait, you're talking about the Bethedsda sale, not first-party Ubi games. Bethesda uses Steamworks for all their games, so it should work out OK. I don't see any word about it on the game page, though. Buyer beware.

lordkosc
11-21-2013, 02:18 PM
I think SKYRIMz needs STEAM , since its a STEAMWORKS game. Wonder if this pretty much means STEAM will be selling it for $20 soon?

rei
11-21-2013, 02:28 PM
Damn, I was looking to get Blacklist for $15, but already own all those Bethesda games.

Gigglemoo
11-21-2013, 02:51 PM
Groupees has a "Build a Mumbo Jumbo" bundle coming up later tonight:
http://groupees.com/mumbo

Midnight Mysteries (1-4), Reaxxion, Luxor 5th Age, Samantha Swift's Golden Touch, and 7 Wonders 2.

Mostly hidden object games. Seems like good ones if anyone here is into those or has family members who are.

intruder
11-21-2013, 03:50 PM
The Midnight Mystery Hidden Objects Games are quite good with nice HoG scenes and graphics along with gripping stories.
I played and completed all of them.

KiloOhm
11-21-2013, 04:46 PM
Is this the year I pick up Anno2070 Complete? IS IT QT3?!?!?!?!?!

Pogue Mahone
11-21-2013, 05:15 PM
Reply hazy; try again later.

GeeWhiz
11-21-2013, 05:25 PM

With the Steam Holidays sales coming? Yes, this is the year. ;)

lordkosc
11-21-2013, 07:18 PM

Amazon is going to have the Ubi version for like < $13.00 on 11/28/13.

Giaddon
11-21-2013, 11:56 PM
Heroes VI Gold is $7.50 on Gamefly (http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-might--magic-heroes-vi-gold-edition/5004704).

Rachel Brown
11-22-2013, 12:48 AM
Bully, Manhunt 1 & 2 and Midnight Club 2 - $7.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJ1X4TS/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00GJ1X4TS&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20)

Except for Manhunt 2. That is not on Steam, it never was, and it's probably never going to be.

godhugh
11-22-2013, 01:09 AM
For some reason I got Civ 5 BNW for free over at Amazon (-$14.99 promotion).

Something related to another long-forgotten purchase? X-COM maybe?

Just tried and I got it for $0.00 as well. No clue why, but I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth.

intruder
11-22-2013, 01:11 AM
Except for Manhunt 2. That is not on Steam, it never was, and it's probably never going to be.

As it's a crap game (just like Manhunt) this is not a big loss anyways.
Once you saw a few executions in either game you have seen all that is to know about these games.
I completed both this year and I rarely recall their "stories".

Mike Hussey
11-22-2013, 03:24 AM
Lol no. In fact, Uplay games you purchase on Steam will simply launch Uplay and operate through that when run!

Oh wait, you're talking about the Bethedsda sale, not first-party Ubi games. Bethesda uses Steamworks for all their games, so it should work out OK. I don't see any word about it on the game page, though. Buyer beware.

One thing to be aware of with TES games is that some online retailers encode the executable, which means you can't install script extenders like SKSE, which quite a few mods need to work properly. I recently picked p Oblivion GOTY from Gamefly as I never got round to buying the expansions, but found I couldn't use OBSE, which limits the mods I can use. This us not an issue with games bought directly on Steam and I believe Gamersgate don't encode their executables either.

robc04
11-22-2013, 07:21 AM
There is going to be an Amazon Lightning deal on Need for Speed Rivals for PS4 and Xbox One at 6:10 PM central time. Here is the link to gold box deals: http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox#AllLDsWidget

Aleck
11-22-2013, 08:24 AM
Sadly I'm in the same boat. Amazon dismantled that 2K page pretty soon after Bioshock's release. So I figure we'll have to get the discount by going through Amazon Customer Service.

I went through Amazon customer service. Here's what they said:

I'm sorry to hear that you were unable to use your promotional code to purchase "XCOM: Enemy Within."

I've checked your account and see that the promotional code you received can only be used to purchase the following ASINs.

B00475AYUA; B00475AYUU; B004774IPU; B004774ISM; B004M5HV5G; B004SOZC02; B004SOZCOI; B004UB7OPO; B004UBE6IC; B004UHFBIU; B00506X3Y4; B0050CT7HU; B0050CTA2W; B0050CTD0G; B0050CTENC; B0050CTGBW; B0050CTI24; B0050CTJO6; B0050CTMT8; B0050CTOSM; B0052F0KA8; B005HEA1E4; B005HEA1T4; B005HEA2FC; B005ODQC1O; B005OSTWWK; B005T51NEI; B006JA7EWW; B006K32ZBI; B006MUXGVW; B006OF19NM; B006OF1AMM; B0074QZPUS; B008235PQQ; B0083K2HCI; B0083K2HQ4; B0083W649I; B00846E6X4; B0084FHBGY; B0084FHQ1O; B0085NTITS; B0085O6NG8; B0087FV5OU; B0087FVFMM; B008ALU5KG; B008ALUBYQ; B008EYQXL4; B008GW57JS; B008GW5V9E; B008GW607G; B0091T6FQO; B0091T6LFE; B00945156U; B009M8KRFE; B009R5JG40; B009RSL2EO; B00A7CV8YS; B00A9XQ886; B00AFDKCLE; B00AKJBY74; B00AKJBY7Y; B00AMKTR48; B00AWEMOC6; B00BCNV1CA; B00BHMLESC; B00BW7ZYGK; B00CPBZDPE; B00CYOHL48;

Please copy an ASIN, paste beside the below link and click Enter and you'll be taken to the product detail page of that game.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/

ASIN is a unique code used by Amazon to identify a product. Unfortunately, the game you're trying to purchase isn't included in the list. Hence, you're unable to use the code to purchase the game.

I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. But, please understand that the promotional certificate was issued by the developer, 2K Games, not by Amazon.

They did offer to give me a refund on the purchase, which was extremely nice of them, but I actually want a copy of Enemy Within. Anyone know someone at 2K Games that can help with this?

robc04
11-22-2013, 10:22 AM
On lightning sale at Amazon for $49: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BMFIXOW/ref=gb1h_tit_c-2_8602_cfb50ff8?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=center-new-2&pf_rd_r=19B86RPB7H9RRYH6VRXT&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=1670588602

That's for XBox One and PS 4.

KaoFloppy
11-22-2013, 10:39 AM
I shouldn't bother, in the face of the amazon sale, but hey, post count...

Steam today: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (http://store.steampowered.com/app/47870/) $4.99 -75%. The 2010 version of NFS.

Telefrog
11-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Actually, all of the Need for Speed titles (except the latest) are on sale on Steam. Also, Burnout Paradise.

flyinj
11-22-2013, 12:46 PM
On lightning sale at Amazon for $49: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BMFIXOW/ref=gb1h_tit_c-2_8602_cfb50ff8?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_s=center-new-2&pf_rd_r=19B86RPB7H9RRYH6VRXT&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_p=1670588602

That's for XBox One and PS 4.

Did they offer that deal for a PS4 digital code as well?

robc04
11-22-2013, 01:03 PM
Did they offer that deal for a PS4 digital code as well?

Sorry, I didn't notice. I'm not in the market for the game but I thought some people here might be interested.

rei
11-22-2013, 01:59 PM
New 25% off GreenManGaming code: GMG25-DW6L1-6XGZ9

Doesn't work on newest games or BF4 Premium (I'm still waiting for 25% off on this again)

Tim N
11-22-2013, 04:09 PM
New 25% off GreenManGaming code: GMG25-DW6L1-6XGZ9

Doesn't work on newest games or BF4 Premium (I'm still waiting for 25% off on this again)

Thanks for pasting this. It worked with the latest Crusader Kings 2 DLC/expansion Sons of Abraham.

Exactive
11-22-2013, 04:59 PM
How is Max Payne 3?

the complete edition is 7

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A9XQ83Q

Not sure I want to pay 7 if it's another generic shooter...but I'm still temped none the less

malkav11
11-22-2013, 06:12 PM
How is Max Payne 3?

the complete edition is 7

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A9XQ83Q

Not sure I want to pay 7 if it's another generic shooter...but I'm still temped none the less

It's not generic. It's not really Remedy's Max Payne, either. How much do you like the writing in the latest couple of GTAs? That's kinda what you're in for. Ish.

Giaddon
11-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Max Payne 3 is one of the best shooters ever. The story is ridiculously terrible, the cutscenes way too long, but the actual shooting is sublime. $7 is a steal, although the season pass only gets you multiplayer stuff.

Kadath
11-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Confirmed, the digital codes are not part of the Gold Box deals, which fing blows.

Rock8man
11-22-2013, 09:06 PM
I went through Amazon customer service. Here's what they said:

They did offer to give me a refund on the purchase, which was extremely nice of them, but I actually want a copy of Enemy Within. Anyone know someone at 2K Games that can help with this?

Thanks for sharing that list. I guess I'll have to take an afternoon and see if any of those is something I want. I doubt it. Which stinks. What a terrible way to do a promotion. Why not just make it clear back then the March 2014 deadline didn't mean we could pick newer games up to that date?

unbongwah
11-23-2013, 10:03 AM
$4.99 -75% Star Wolves 3: Civil War (http://store.steampowered.com/app/46260/) QT3 Thread
I plan to pick this up; is there any reason to pick up the first two as well?

Gigglemoo
11-23-2013, 10:17 AM
I plan to pick this up; is there any reason to pick up the first two as well? Buy this instead of getting it on Steam. 9 extra games for the same price. :) http://www.indiegala.com

Dan_Theman
11-23-2013, 10:49 AM
I plan to pick this up; is there any reason to pick up the first two as well?

re: your question, they all play a bit differently though with the same dynamics. It's been a while, but iirc: 1 is very linear, but well done. 2 is more open with added variety, but the story is a little lacking. 3 has better graphics, but little to no story (think "more 2 than 2"). They're all good, but very Russian in feel, if that makes any sense.

Oh, and one important thing: the voice acting is the worst you'll ever encounter. Take it as tongue in cheek, and your ears will hopefully survive the experience.

Giaddon
11-23-2013, 02:00 PM
Rising Storm is $5 on Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/234510/?snr=1_7_15__13).

Brian Rubin
11-23-2013, 02:25 PM
You don't need to play Star Wolves 1 or 2 to play 3. I played and loved 'em all though.

Gorath
11-23-2013, 08:44 PM
GMG has the Anno and Assassin's Creed franchises on sale. Especially Anno 1404 Gold for 3.74 (probably -25% with the latest voucher) is cheap.

Brad Grenz
11-23-2013, 10:31 PM
Anyone looking to pick up a PS3 cheap, Amazon has gone live with the Black Friday bundle for $199 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FQSS61Q/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00FQSS61Q&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20). It includes a 250GB Super-Slim model PS3, and copies of The Last of Us and Batman: Arkham Origins.

ioticus
11-24-2013, 12:55 AM
Red Dead Redemption GOTY is $15 on Amazon.

Brad Grenz
11-24-2013, 02:43 AM
Amazon is gearing up for their black friday sale in the digital download store: Countdown to Black Friday (http://www.amazon.com/b/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&node=7266959011&pf_rd_i=979455011&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=1659359202&pf_rd_r=1JEWNXAC52RS0PHF05XF&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-leftnav&pf_rd_t=101&tag=gamerblacom-20). Right now the deals include a bunch of 2K/Rockstar bundles

Bioshock Triple Pack - $14.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DOD0TZG/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00DOD0TZG&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20)
Borderlands GotY & Borderlands 2 - $11.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CPBZDQ8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00CPBZDQ8&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20)
Civilzation V Gold & Brave New World - $19.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ELJROFA/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00ELJROFA&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20)
Max Payne 3 + Season Pass - $6.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A9XQ83Q/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00A9XQ83Q&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20)

There is also an Indie game on sale called Dusty Revenge for $6.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DROS8H8/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00DROS8H8&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20). It's DRM free.

(Prices still updating. Will update if other deals get added)

EDIT: More stuff coming through!

FTL - $5.00 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CIBB0OY/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00CIBB0OY&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20) (Steam)
Walking Dead + 400 Days DLC - $7.49 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ELJRCDO/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00ELJRCDO&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20) (Steam)
The Sims 3 Starter Pack - $14.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CQOG8LI/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00CQOG8LI&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20) (Origin)
Mass Effect 3 - $6.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0064TYOLW/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0064TYOLW&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20) (Origin)
Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition - $14.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058KRA0K/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0058KRA0K&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20) (GFWL?)
Paradox Boat Bundle - $4.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GMPDCYS/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00GMPDCYS&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20) (Steam)

Leviathan: Warships
East India Company Collection
Naval War: Arctic Circle

Europa Universalis 4 - $19.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D6K41V0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00D6K41V0&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20) (Steam)
Game of Thrones - $9.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00806YCIC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00806YCIC&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20) (Steam)

More stuff has been added to the sale, including a bunch of EA stuff:

Syndicate - $4.99 (Origin) (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0064TYSHC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0064TYSHC&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20)
Mirror's Edge + DLC - $4.99 (Origin) (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D8FUHAC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00D8FUHAC&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20)
Dead Space 2 - $4.99 (Origin) (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004JHYZKQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004JHYZKQ&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20)
Mass Effect - $4.99 (Origin) (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DNHLJCK/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00DNHLJCK&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20)
Mass Effect 2 - $4.99 (Origin) (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00452VH0Q/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00452VH0Q&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20)
Bulletstorm - $4.99 (Origin) (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004MPRFF2/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B004MPRFF2&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20)
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) - $4.99 (Origin) (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008D7EYWC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B008D7EYWC&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20)

X-Com Collection (all the old games plus Enemy Unknown) - $9.99 (Steam) (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ECHYTKY/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00ECHYTKY&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20)
Stealth Bastards Deluxe - $2.99 (Steam) (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CLVCIYM/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00CLVCIYM&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20)
Skulls of the Shogun - $4.99 (Steam) (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EEH3U2K/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00EEH3U2K&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20)
Sine Mora - $2.50 (Steam) (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ZXJTZ0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B009ZXJTZ0&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20)
Zeno Clash 2 - $4.99 (Steam) (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CQ6MG62/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00CQ6MG62&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20)

Giaddon
11-24-2013, 06:57 AM
Amazon has the Metro: Last Light Season Pass for $10 (http://www.amazon.com/Metro-Last-Light-Season-Online/dp/B00CX6FZE0/ref=sr_1_104?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1385304414&sr=1-104), for those who want in on the DLC.

Hotfreak
11-24-2013, 08:02 AM
Anyone looking to pick up a PS3 cheap, Amazon has gone live with the Black Friday bundle for $199 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FQSS61Q/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00FQSS61Q&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20). It includes a 250GB Super-Slim model PS3, and copies of The Last of Us and Batman: Arkham Origins.

Sold out very very quickly.

Rachel Brown
11-24-2013, 08:12 AM
More stuff has been added to the sale, including a bunch of EA stuff:
Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) - $4.99 (Origin) (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008D7EYWC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B008D7EYWC&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20)

What's the deal between a standard edition PC game on Origin and the Instant Access versions? Most new EA/Origin games on Amazon have this option, and the IA costs more. I'm not using Origin, and won't but I'm still curious.

Kildar
11-24-2013, 09:21 AM
What's the deal between a standard edition PC game on Origin and the Instant Access versions? Most new EA/Origin games on Amazon have this option, and the IA costs more. I'm not using Origin, and won't but I'm still curious.

I think Instant Access automatically links the game into your Origin account. Saves you the trouble of typing in the serial number into Origin.

Rachel Brown
11-24-2013, 09:48 AM
I think Instant Access automatically links the game into your Origin account. Saves you the trouble of typing in the serial number into Origin.

No way it is that. Surely not. If so, for that they charge several dollars more? NFS: Most Wanted is normally $20 vs $30 for the IA. $10 for what you claim? I must be in PC bizzaro world.

malkav11
11-24-2013, 01:05 PM
No way it is that. Surely not. If so, for that they charge several dollars more? NFS: Most Wanted is normally $20 vs $30 for the IA. $10 for what you claim? I must be in PC bizzaro world.

Usually on stuff like that it's not that they're charging more, it's that they're separate SKUs and one of them got missed for the sale/price drop/whatevs.

rei
11-24-2013, 01:40 PM
Canadians with a Shoppers Drug Mart near them may be able to pick up "The Last of Us" for PS3 @ $15 like I did. Sale ends today. I picked up two copies at this price. It's a price error and because it was somehow entered into their backend system as Skylanders. Best of luck.

flyinj
11-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Confirmed, the digital codes are not part of the Gold Box deals, which fing blows.

This seriously needs to change.

Once we have PSN digital games discounted from third party sellers, we're looking at a Steam like situation on the PS4 which would be absolutely amazing.

Imagine if Green Man Gaming sold PSN codes. My god...

stusser
11-24-2013, 03:36 PM
Once we have PSN digital games discounted from third party sellers, we're looking at a Steam like situation on the PS4 which would be absolutely amazing.

Imagine if Green Man Gaming sold PSN codes. My god...
That would be so sweet.

Kadath
11-24-2013, 04:20 PM
Yup, and hoping Microsoft will expand the use of retail SKU packs for digital codes like they started with COD. I am fine with buying at a retail store if they get price reduced on a aregular basis.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Call-Of-Duty-Ghosts-Digital-Combo-Xbox-360-and-Xbox-One/30534321

mono
11-24-2013, 08:04 PM
That Humble Weekly deal of Pinball FX2 tables is freaking awesome! My living room roll-your-own Steambox is very happy.

Brad Grenz
11-24-2013, 11:24 PM
The new Rachet and Clank game "Into the Nexus" for PS3 just came out last week, but Amazon already has it marked down to $19.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DV16N6U/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00DV16N6U&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20) from the $30 MSRP. Reviews were really good.

Reviews for Tearaway on Vita have also been phenomenal, and that's marked down to $29.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050SX0UY/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0050SX0UY&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20).

EDIT: Oops, it's a Walking Dead Vita bundle Amazon is doing for Black Friday.

SlyFrog
11-25-2013, 06:00 AM
Sold out very very quickly.

That's okay, in 40 days when a bunch of pissed off and confused parents return it because their kids tell them, "It's not the Playstation 4, dumbass," there will be another sale. :)

Fenris99
11-25-2013, 09:15 AM
Matrix Games is having a sale, looks like about 33% off a long list of games (Which they posted online as a PDF for some strange reason). It's not in the realm of a Steam sale, but for Matrix it's not bad.

Giaddon
11-25-2013, 10:00 AM
Link to above (http://www.slitherinebravo.net/pr/HolidaySale2013/MG_MG_SALES_HolidaySale2013_CatalogMG_01.pdf).

Perhaps most relevant?:

Distant Worlds $19,99
Distant Worlds - Legends $15,99
Distant Worlds - Return of the Shakturi $12,99
Distant Worlds - Shadows $15,99

Total: $65

Gigglemoo
11-25-2013, 12:27 PM
New bundlestars:
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/ultimate-sci-fi-bundle/

Sword of the Stars 2 Planets Under Attack Ion Assault SpaceChem Weird Worlds: Return to Infinite Space Project Freedom Really Big Sky Datajammers: Fast Forward

I was pleasantly surprised by both Planets under Attack (could be fun for kids too, worked great with X360 controller) and Ion Assault (short but interesting gameplay mechanic for its genre).

KaoFloppy
11-25-2013, 12:28 PM
Steam today is Agarest: Generations of War (http://store.steampowered.com/app/237890/) $11.99 -40%.
All DLCs also -40%, and there are over $50 of DLCs to discount.

There's no weekly sale this week. Suspicious...

Giaddon
11-25-2013, 12:33 PM
Damn, great opportunity for anyone still curious about SOTS2.

Telefrog
11-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Buried in the Amazon sale for digital PC games today is Farming Simulator 2013 Titanium Edition (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FQPQMTW/ref=oh_d__o00_details_o00__i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). $18.49.

Redeems on Steam. Comes with the DLC that adds equipment and territory for the US.

ioticus
11-25-2013, 02:28 PM
I'm tempted by Distant Worlds but don't know if I'll like it or not. Should I just buy the base game or should I buy it with one or more expansions? I really don't know what to do, $65 is a lot when I normally don't exceed $10 on a PC game.

Brian Rubin
11-25-2013, 03:03 PM
Buy the base game and the first expansion, Return of the Shakturi, if nothing else.

intruder
11-25-2013, 03:44 PM
Steam today is Agarest: Generations of War (http://store.steampowered.com/app/237890/) $11.99 -40%.
All DLCs also -40%, and there are over $50 of DLCs to discount.

There's no weekly sale this week. Suspicious...

Thanksgiving Sale will start on 27th November that is fact since a few weeks when some Russian developer managed to "leak" the dates incl. the email (http://i.imgur.com/BazPkxO.png) from Valve asking to NOT leak it...

lordkosc
11-25-2013, 05:55 PM
I like the Thanksgiving sale, it warms you up and gets you ready for The Winter Sale. It also gives you a good idea of the discount you will see this winter.

I added some cash to my steam wallet , ready to go!

Gus_Smedstad
11-25-2013, 05:59 PM
Buried in the Amazon sale for digital PC games today is Farming Simulator 2013 Titanium Edition (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FQPQMTW/ref=oh_d__o00_details_o00__i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). $18.49.
Is that something that people really want to dig for? I'm unclear on the appeal.

Tony M
11-26-2013, 02:37 AM
Is that something that people really want to dig for? I'm unclear on the appeal.

Sounds like you haven't seen this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw).

Slainte Mhath
11-26-2013, 06:14 AM
Anyone know of a retailer who will be discounting Xbox Live codes or physical cards online for Black Friday? I don't mind waiting for a physical card to ship, but I don't want to have to go out and fight Black Friday shoppers just for a couple of cheap 3-month sub cards for my son. I'd rather just stay up past midnight Thursday and snag a couple online...

Brad Grenz
11-26-2013, 07:51 AM
I think it's a price match, but Amazon has Grand Theft Auto V for both PS3 and 360 marked down to $33.99 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050SXKU4/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0050SXKU4&linkCode=as2&tag=gamerblacom-20) right now.

KaoFloppy
11-26-2013, 10:13 AM
Steam today:
Dive Kick (http://store.steampowered.com/app/244730/) $2.49 -75%.

Don't wait for me to type up everything tomorrow. Work trumps spending 30 minutes typing up the vast number of cheap games Steam will no doubt put up for sale.

WarpRattler
11-26-2013, 11:14 AM
Xbox 360 digital sale going now. (http://majornelson.com/2013/11/26/xbox-360-game-store-black-friday-sales/) Ongoing deals, plus special one-day deals on Friday and Monday. I own everything I care about from the sale, but some less obvious highlights (since most of the games on sale are your usual XBL holiday sale fare and/or things everyone on Qt3 already knows about):

Friday:
Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions (http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Spider-Man-Dimensions/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80241560881) (discounted to $10): A level-based 3D brawler rather than the open-world swinging game everyone wanted again after Spider-Man 2, but still quite fun. Features four distinct Spider-Men, all with different gameplay mechanics.
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/DD-Dark-Arisen/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80243430814) (discounted to ~$13): Free until next week for US PlayStation Plus members if you've got a PS3, but if you don't, this is a great deal for the 360 version. Dark Arisen includes the base game, a bunch of DLC, and the titular expansion content. Don't forget to grab the HD graphics pack!
Onechanbara (http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/Onechanbara/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802445007ea) (discounted to $3): No, really! Look past the poor reviews (many of which wrongly claimed the game is about random button-mashing, which will rapidly cease to work), character designs (the character on the box is a samurai cowgirl in a bikini), and worse-than-PS2 graphics, and it's a very fun 3D hack-and-slash with an absurd premise and a character named "Annna." Yes, with three Ns.

Monday:
BattleBlock Theater (http://marketplace.xbox.com/Product/BattleBlock-Theater/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a30) (discounted to $5): A very fun stage-based puzzle platformer from The Behemoth (Alien Hominid, Castle Crashers). Includes an entire second set of levels for co-op, which (and this is a rarity for platformers) features online play options.

flyinj
11-26-2013, 12:51 PM
ZombiU is $22 on Amazon right now. Not sure how long the deal will last, but I think that's as cheap as it has gotten.

http://www.amazon.com/ZombiU-Nintendo-Wii-U/dp/B00897Z27C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385495629&sr=8-1&keywords=zombiu

Gigglemoo
11-26-2013, 04:33 PM
Dark Souls (PC) is currently $6 on amazon for a few more hours. This deal also includes a $5 credit coupon you can use on a future sale in January.

stusser
11-26-2013, 04:35 PM
Don't wait for me to type up everything tomorrow. Work trumps spending 30 minutes typing up the vast number of cheap games Steam will no doubt put up for sale.
You know, I thought the steam thanksgiving sale usually starts on black friday, but I looked it up and last year it was Wednesday. So yeah, week of deals starting tomorrow. It's usually not their best sale, though.

Slainte Mhath
11-26-2013, 06:29 PM
Anyone know of a retailer who will be discounting Xbox Live codes or physical cards online for Black Friday? I don't mind waiting for a physical card to ship, but I don't want to have to go out and fight Black Friday shoppers just for a couple of cheap 3-month sub cards for my son. I'd rather just stay up past midnight Thursday and snag a couple online...

Found the answer to my own question:

Target is selling 90-day cards for $10 on Black Friday, but the ad makes it look like it's doorbuster in-store only.
Gamestop will have the same 90-day cards for $15 all day Friday and Saturday. Also looks like in-store only, but with one right down the street and not needing to get there at 6:00am or anything stupid that will probably be my best bet. I'll check both stores online early Friday morning just in case. I'll just have to hope a bunch of asshats don't get to my Gamestop when they open and buy up all the cards.

Joe M.
11-26-2013, 07:02 PM
There is no good reason to spend five bucks to get Dark Souls on my Xbox as well but I don't think that's going to stop me from buying it again.

Kildar
11-26-2013, 07:15 PM
Dark Souls (PC) is currently $6 on amazon for a few more hours. This deal also includes a $5 credit coupon you can use on a future sale in January.

Assuming you will use the 5 USD credit in January, you'll basically be paying 1 USD to play Dark Souls for a few months until Games for Windows shuts down next year.

Anyone interested in Blizzard's offerings can check out their digital store - discounts range from 50 to 75 percent. (http://us.battle.net/sc2/en-us/blog/11767636/black-friday-sale-save-up-to-75-11-26-2013)

Joe M.
11-26-2013, 07:33 PM
I expect you can still play Dark Souls fine in offline mode. You'll just be experiencing it sans community which is a damned shame. The funny messages, triumphant exclamations, bloodstains, apparitions and coop make it a very singular experience.

Angrycoder
11-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Sounds like you haven't seen this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw).

Watch this video.

Tim James
11-26-2013, 08:04 PM
Watch this video.
You mean more often than once a month? I can't do it!

ledShok
11-26-2013, 08:14 PM
You know, I thought the steam thanksgiving sale usually starts on black friday, but I looked it up and last year it was Wednesday. So yeah, week of deals starting tomorrow. It's usually not their best sale, though.

I seem to recall that leaked email saying that sale prices entered by the publisher/dev would apply to both this sale and the Xmas one ie similar deals.

I'll concede I only read it briefly...

Gigglemoo
11-26-2013, 08:43 PM
PS+ one year subscriptions will be available at retailers across the US for $30. Friday only. Gamestop has it in their flyer, not sure which others'll have it for that price.

If you own one or more Playstations you should definitely consider getting one.

This was what you got with a subscription last year:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblog/9154890398/sizes/l/

Currently it's these games:
http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-plus/

(Dragon's Dogma is rotating out after the weekend)

Regarding Steam sale, international non-english Steam partners have also leaked that it starts tomorrow.

stusser
11-26-2013, 09:06 PM
There was no particular incentive to sign up for PS+ on the PS3. They had to use those carrots or nobody, nobody, would subscribe. They gated multiplayer with the PS4. No carrots, that's the stick. Sign up or you can't play online.

I'm sure they'll still throw in something with PS+ on PS4, but don't expect anything even vaguely remotely ballpark close to what you got on PS3.

Redfive
11-26-2013, 09:13 PM
You mean more often than once a month? I can't do it!

Fucks given: 0

Kildar
11-27-2013, 06:22 AM
The standard edition of GameMaker Studio which is usually sold for 50 USD is currently free on a time limited promo. (http://gamemakerblog.com/2013/11/25/gamemaker-studio-standard-edition-is-currently-free-50-value/)

Rock8man
11-27-2013, 06:49 AM
I'll still be doing my multiplayer gaming on the Xbox One and 360 where my friends are. But I am tempted by that $30 PSN+ membership, especially if Amazon matches it and I don't have to shop at physical retailers for it. I figure I'll save $15 instantly by not having to buy Resogun. I don't really want Contrast, but I figure during the rest of the year surely there be at least something worth $15 or more that I want to buy that will go up as a freebie for PSN+. Surely. I hope. It's tough to make a decision on incomplete information. Maybe I'll just end up with a handful of mediocre free games over the course of the year. In an era of big awesome games in my backlog that I already own and don't have time for, getting a mediocre or even a good (but not great) game for free has no real value to me.

It could be that a year from now I'll have a few more okay games in my backlog that I'll never play, kind of like a lot of games I pick up in humble bundles.

Balasarius
Fucks given: 0

Even Hitler could not resist my savings.

Stridergg
There was no particular incentive to sign up for PS+ on the PS3. They had to use those carrots or nobody, nobody, would subscribe. They gated multiplayer with the PS4. No carrots, that's the stick. Sign up or you can't play online.

I'm sure they'll still throw in something with PS+ on PS4, but don't expect anything even vaguely remotely ballpark close to what you got on PS3.

Yeah, I suspect this will be the case next year but right now the deal is insane - for $30 you get Dragon's Dogma, XCOM, Shadow of Colossus, ECO and a bunch of other games. Too bad I played them all and don't really play my PS3 anymore or I would be all over this deal.

Giaddon
11-27-2013, 07:05 AM
Bioshock Infinite for $10 (http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-bioshock-infinite/5004857) on Gamefly, lowest I've seen it.

Amazon has Enslaved for $10 (http://www.amazon.com/Enslaved-Odyssey-West-Premium-Online/dp/B00G6SV1G2/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1385564251&sr=1-1&keywords=enslaved+odyssey+to+the+west+premium+edit ion), plus a bunch more stuff.

BradTSS
11-27-2013, 07:15 AM
Hi all,

Battle of the Bulge (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/battle-of-the-bulge/id521833787) is on sale for 50% through Sunday, 12/1/13.

This is the lowest price yet for this iOS turn-based strategy game from Shenandoah Studio; to celebrate the recent release of a new game - Drive on Moscow (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id674650763?mt=8).

Here is the iTunes link for Battle of the Bulge: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/batt...ge/id521833787 (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/battle-of-the-bulge/id521833787)

Don't miss the chance to get this award-winning game for only $4.99, spread the news!

red guy
11-27-2013, 07:33 AM
I seem to recall that leaked email saying that sale prices entered by the publisher/dev would apply to both this sale and the Xmas one ie similar deals.

I'll concede I only read it briefly...
I vaguely remember that two years ago, L.A. Noire received 50% off during Thanksgiving (or was that the Halloween sale? It was two weeks after the game was released), and 66% off during Christmas.

And I prefer the Halloween sale: it's quicker, which means that most deals are one time only deals. After two weeks of Christmas sale, seeing the customers' vote go wrong three times a day and enjoying the opportunity to buy Trine or Sanctum from the daily specials menu 80% of the time, the encore day feels a lot like the last chance sale on Jack Keane 2 during GOG's recent sale.

unbongwah
11-27-2013, 09:14 AM
Turbine has a couple of Black Friday deals already available:

DDO (http://store.turbine.com/store/turbine/en_US/list/categoryID.58516100/ThemeID.29252200): the latest expansion (Shadowfell) is half-price; if you buy either version, you can get the MotU SE (http://store.turbine.com/store/turbine/en_US/pd/ThemeID.29252200/productID.246618200/categoryID.58516100) for half-price as well, which is actually a better deal than Shadowfell, IMHO. They're also offering double bonus points (https://www.ddo.com/en/ddostorepoints) on TPs.
LOTRO (https://store.lotro.com/en/expansion-packs/): the first four expansions are on sale for half-price; or you can buy the quad pack with all four for $20 (also available from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Turbine-WB-Rings-Online-Download/dp/B00F0Q7N1I/ref=sr_1_1?s=software&ie=UTF8&qid=1385571372&sr=1-1)).

JeffL
11-27-2013, 09:35 AM
Here's a Strategy First sale, better than the Matrix one above; example, Matrix sale has Achtung Panzer: Operation Star at $19.99, here it is $7.49. Lots of stuff here cheap enough to try out on a lark.

http://www.strategyfirst.com/products/category/29-sale/limit:1000

charmtrap
11-27-2013, 10:22 AM
[LIST]
DDO (http://store.turbine.com/store/turbine/en_US/list/categoryID.58516100/ThemeID.29252200): the latest expansion (Shadowfell) is half-price; if you buy either version, you can get the MotU SE (http://store.turbine.com/store/turbine/en_US/pd/ThemeID.29252200/productID.246618200/categoryID.58516100) for half-price as well, which is actually a better deal than Shadowfell, IMHO. They're also offering double bonus points (https://www.ddo.com/en/ddostorepoints) on TPs.

I guess it's time to buy Shadowfell. That collector's version is worth it just for the extra 1000 TP and the 3 character slots.

Exactive
11-27-2013, 10:26 AM

LOTRO (https://store.lotro.com/en/expansion-packs/): the first four expansions are on sale for half-price; or you can buy the quad pack with all four for $20 (also available from Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Turbine-WB-Rings-Online-Download/dp/B00F0Q7N1I/ref=sr_1_1?s=software&ie=UTF8&qid=1385571372&sr=1-1)).

Looks liek all those LOTRO expansions are for high level characters, but it would be nice to buy into it and not have to pay a sub over the next year. If making a new character how long would it take me to get to the content in those expansions? Would I have to buy a lot of other F2P stuff too like bags and mounts that would normally be included in a game where I would have to pay a subscription?

Hotfreak
11-27-2013, 10:31 AM
Steam sale is up!

charmtrap
11-27-2013, 10:40 AM
Looks liek all those LOTRO expansions are for high level characters, but it would be nice to buy into it and not have to pay a sub over the next year. If making a new character how long would it take me to get to the content in those expansions? Would I have to buy a lot of other F2P stuff too like bags and mounts that would normally be included in a game where I would have to pay a subscription?

If you're gonna get into it, it's worth it to create your characters and then subscribe for a month. You get the first 5 bags unlocked (it's 3 on a free account...there's a 6th bag but its always a purchase for all account types) and the gold cap removed and riding skill and virtue slots for free. Also you get an extra character slot unlocked.

How fast you get to the content depends entirely on your own pace. It's slower levelling than WoW but it's a lot faster than it used to be. There are purchasable XP boosters as well (with in-game currency for VIPs, or with TP non-VIPs).

There are plenty of mounts you can buy in-game or earn during events. They have real-money-only mounts as well, but they're entirely optional.

Balasarius
11-27-2013, 11:05 AM
Steam sale is up!

Heh, upside-down search works.

http://i.imgur.com/P40TjoW.png

Gulf Of Araby
11-27-2013, 12:00 PM
Most people here probably already have these, but Gamestop Friday has:

Starcraft II, Starcraft II HOTS, $19.99 each
Mists of Pandaria, $9.99

And according to their ad, each of these comes with a free WOW time card. So, three months of WOW, plus the two SC games, plus Mists, for $49.97 plus tax? I'm in.

Mark Asher
11-27-2013, 03:00 PM
Aren't the gamecards good for two months time?

KaoFloppy
11-27-2013, 03:02 PM
Amazon is cheaper than Steam for all the games on my wishlist, except one...Driver San Francisco.
DMC isn't on sale anywhere!!!
Can someone dig up one of those Steam sale aggregator sites and post it here again? I'm too lazy, and it's easier to find those real bargains, like -80% type of bargains. Like Trine 1 for $0.99 -90%.

Exactive
11-27-2013, 05:01 PM
Amazon is cheaper than Steam for all the games on my wishlist, except one...Driver San Francisco.
DMC isn't on sale anywhere!!!
Can someone dig up one of those Steam sale aggregator sites and post it here again? I'm too lazy, and it's easier to find those real bargains, like -80% type of bargains. Like Trine 1 for $0.99 -90%.

I use this site

http://www.steamgamesales.com/

but it appears the sale broke it

unbongwah
11-27-2013, 05:30 PM
Newegg has Ni no Kuni (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879253095) for 15 bucks, cheapest I've seen so far. It's a little too old-school (read as: slow & grindy) for my tastes; but it is freakin' gorgeous and anything which encourages Studio Ghibli to collaborate on more games is A-OK in my book.

Slainte Mhath
11-27-2013, 06:43 PM

Exact opposite for me. You know you own too many games when your wishlist is down to oddball indie titles and expansions/DLC that aren't even available on Amazon at any price. The few games on there that are on Amazon (AC Brotherhood and Revelations, Skyrim expansions, Shogun 2 expansions) are all cheaper on Steam. I'm holding out for 75% off, either this weekend or at Christmas.

As for aggregator sites, I really like SteamGameSales (http://www.steamgamesales.com/). You can check the boxes for other services (GOG, GG, Desura) too, and sort by price. I had $0.85 left on an old Visa gift card and just blew it on Shadowgrounds for $0.69. Hawt! =)

WHOOPS! Just noticed Exactive already suggested Steam Game Sales. So mark me down as seconding that recommendation. Also, it's working fine for me at the moment...

HumanTon
11-27-2013, 06:49 PM
Gone Home on Flash sale for $5!