*alimarno - Jon R
*Itsatrap(aau) - Alan Au
*Strokrace - Stroker Ace
*qt3dean - Dean
*shagul - Erik Andersson
*Rusakko - Marjamaa
*danimal - danimal
*Eyejinx - Micheal Fitch

Please add yours. Sorry if I missed anyone.

Supertanker
10-30-2003, 08:56 PM
Drokus

ElRavager
10-30-2003, 09:23 PM
ElRav

dwinn
10-30-2003, 09:43 PM
dwinn74

Jason Cross
10-30-2003, 10:34 PM
JasonCross

(really)

DavidCPA
10-30-2003, 11:33 PM
adivad - DavidCPA

Talisker
10-31-2003, 12:00 AM
andrewmyers

Phydeaux
10-31-2003, 12:19 AM
Majikk

MattKeil
10-31-2003, 01:02 AM
Keldroc

DrCrypt
10-31-2003, 06:13 AM
Jon R. is suggesting in another thread that we all use some sort of voice-communication software when we're playing. While I'm loathe to listen to any of you awkwardly wheeze into the mike from the sheer exertion of clicking your white pudding like index fingers so vehemently, nor the thought of you all taking five of those fingers and wrapping them around yourselves while I speak into the mike, typing in Diablo 2 sucks.

Does anyone with a steady connection and good bandwidth want to set up a quasi-permanent Qt3 teamspeak server?

dannimal
10-31-2003, 06:31 AM
Just a note: there are two 'n's in dannimal.

ElRavager
10-31-2003, 10:20 AM
Jon R. is suggesting in another thread that we all use some sort of voice-communication software when we're playing. While I'm loathe to listen to any of you awkwardly wheeze into the mike from the sheer exertion of clicking your white pudding like index fingers so vehemently, nor the thought of you all taking five of those fingers and wrapping them around yourselves while I speak into the mike, typing in Diablo 2 sucks.

Does anyone with a steady connection and good bandwidth want to set up a quasi-permanent Qt3 teamspeak server?

I have a permanent gamevoice server up on my server machine that I use with my gaming group every weekend.. You can get the gamevoice client at: http://www.gamevoice.com/DOWNLOAD/gamevoiceshare.asp?Page=148

I've set up a qt3 session, address is darktidings.com, user: qt3 pw: qt3 in case anybody wants to use it.

Dean
10-31-2003, 10:27 AM
I don't even own a microphone.

*fingers crossed that we keep typing*

mtkafka
10-31-2003, 10:47 AM
username mtkafka for me.

have an amazon at the end of Act I only though.

etc

Talisker
10-31-2003, 03:06 PM
I just set up a teamspeak server, should be able to handle a reasonable number of people (it's on a T1). It's set to 16 people max to start out.

server: qt3.andrewmyers.org
port: 8767
password: qt3

I'll give anyone I recognize (or is vouched for) rights to create channels, kick people, and so forth. Shoot me a PM, /msg me (*andrewmyers) in D2, or whatever.

Assuming we don't wind up using 90% of my bandwidth during business hours (East Coast US), I should be able to leave it up for quite a while. (ie, feel free to use it for other games, not just D2).

Nick Hyle
10-31-2003, 10:37 PM
confed1

PeterGinsberg
11-01-2003, 12:07 PM
Are you guys playing hardcore or regular?

I'm considering picking up LoD and re-installing.

I stopped playing d2 a few years ago, at that time I played exclusively hardcore (even had a bowazon queen in the top 10 on US East), and it's a little hard to imagine going back to vanilla. Must be the nethack player in me, but it loses a lot of its excitement without permadeath.

Jon R.
11-01-2003, 12:27 PM
We're all playing non-hardcore characters, as far as i know.

PeterGinsberg
11-01-2003, 04:47 PM
We're all playing non-hardcore characters, as far as i know.

Well, I can't play hardcore until I finish at least once anyway.

B.net account name is malphigian.

Hope I remember how to play -- involves a lot of clicking, right? :D

Jon R.
11-01-2003, 05:02 PM
For the way things are going now, hardcore would probably take too long. It'd probably be a bit frustrating too, considering the number of times we die per game.

There used to be a simple little crack that allowed you to play hardcore without beating the game though, for what it's worth.

Luke M
11-01-2003, 05:02 PM
dandylife

PeterGinsberg
11-02-2003, 10:56 AM
For the way things are going now, hardcore would probably take too long. It'd probably be a bit frustrating too, considering the number of times we die per game.

There used to be a simple little crack that allowed you to play hardcore without beating the game though, for what it's worth.

Yeah, the game is significantly harder now, I've been suitably humbled into wanting to wait a bit before getting back to hardcore.

PeterGinsberg
11-02-2003, 03:07 PM
FWIW, I've got a game up now, I'm doing act 3.

name: qt3
pass: qt3

Sharpe
11-02-2003, 03:37 PM
I have a proposal for a general rule when starting games: start the game with a low level character so that all quests are available. Run out into the Blood Moor for a minute or two so the game will be persistent (I am not sure if you have to kill any monsters or not). Then you can quit, change characters and re-enter the game with your primary character. (You can do this alone - the game will persist for 2 minutes or so even if you are the sole player and you leave the game).

Then we can all enjoy the Qt3 games no matter what level we are.

Dan

PeterGinsberg
11-02-2003, 03:58 PM
Good suggestion Sharpe, trying to recreate the game now with a level 1.

EDIT: done, all quests open now.

DrCrypt
11-02-2003, 05:11 PM
I try to do the low level thing, but unfortunately, there's just no way we can really make sure that everyone can play at once, due to the weird nature of Diablo 2's quest system. Tonight there was something like there qt3 games going on. This is just going to get harder to do now that a lot of us are in Nightmare, since we won't have "low level" Nightmare characters to start up games, most likely.

The best way to make sure you get to play with people on similar quests is to make sure you've got all the people listed here on your contact list, and do a /f list when you come on to see where people are. Personally, I wish Diablo 2 just allowed resettable quests in the same game, but what are you going to do?

Rodge
11-03-2003, 02:31 AM
Account: Rodgero

Nightmare already DrCrypt? I've got to stop slacking and start hacking. Necros just don't go quick enought

Erik Andersson
11-03-2003, 05:34 AM
Account: Rodgero

Nightmare already DrCrypt? I've got to stop slacking and start hacking. Necros just don't go quick enought

Actually I disagree about the speed of necros. I have a lvl 34 on US East and a lvl 73 on Europe despite having two big exams today (I also had to hand in an essay before the weekend). I also have a lvl 16 assasin but she was too slow.

Jon R.
11-03-2003, 02:41 PM
Necros get through fast enough. If i'd have maxed Raise Skeleton instead of Poison Nova first, i'd have gotten through even faster. Actually, i don't think i'd need any of you bozos at all; 26 RS and 17 Skel Mastery with 10 skels ends up being enough to solo Diablo on NM.

I love this patch.

DrCrypt
11-03-2003, 04:02 PM
One thing that is really interesting about Nightmare, from a newbie perspective, is that for me it completely changed my assassin's role. Before I hit nightmare, my trapsassin was primarily a melee character, with an occasional trap thrown in for measure. But as soon as I started up Act 1 Nightmare, that was no longer viable, and my main role now is filling a room with level 20 wake of infernos while the real tanks go and finish things off in hand to hand.

Tactu
11-12-2003, 09:40 PM
Account name: Tactu US EAST
lvl 70 something Barbarian doing baal runs for stuff and xp

Tactu
11-12-2003, 09:44 PM
Account name: Tactu US EAST
lvl 70 something Barbarian doing baal runs for stuff and xp

Rimbo
11-13-2003, 12:41 PM
Is anyone on US West???

Account name: Shalayvv
(Yes, it's lame, but I had to start typing random characters to get a name that wasn't already taken.)

FlamingSheep
11-14-2003, 01:44 PM
account name: FlamingSheep USEAST