View Full Version : MFD Recommendations?
10-01-2004, 04:33 PM
My printer crapped out a week ago, and I've been looking into the so-called "multi-function devices." That is, a combined printer, scanner, copier, and fax machine--the Cuisinart of the peripherals market. :)
But I confess I don't know quite what to look for, or what to avoid, and wonder if anyone has recommendations (and a reliable source for the MFD they recommend, if possible).
10-21-2004, 12:06 PM
I have a HP Laserjet 3330 mfp, been using it about a year.
1. ADF (automatic document feeder) holds about 15 pages, paper jams are very rare.
2. Input paper tray is fine as well in regard to jams.
3. High capacity cardridges don't disappoint.
4. Easy to use. Nobody's had any problem using this machine in the office.
5. Reliable, stands up to abuse. HP has a pretty good service replacement, IIRC with past machines they will ship one out, and I can ship the old one in after I receive a replacement.
1. Cost. EPSON and other competitors offer "more machine" for the price. The input tray is larger, they boast better specs on paper.
2. The 120 volt version (US) does not have a off switch, if you do need to reset the machine you'll have to unplug it. It kinda makes sense since it's meant to be used as a dedicated fax machine.
3. HP software sucks. They need better programmers.
10-21-2004, 12:18 PM
Thanks; I appreciate the tip, and will squirrel it away for future reference.
Regrettably, my need turned out to be pressing and I wound up buying another HP unit a couple of weeks ago--an OfficeJet 6110--with which I'm so far well pleased.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.